Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow awesome numbers @Tanej78

Lone Ranger is doing an amazing job! 👍👍

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every child is different re cc @bbhope. My nieces and nephews got sick heaps for 12 months. The second year they are better but every winter they are bound to catch cold and bugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoo @Tanej78! Go lone ranger you good thing you 👍
    @Minib - I'm not sure he's in pain he just wakes up crying if I put dummy in he sometimes falls asleep or sometimes cry some more then he wakes again an he later. Yet if I pick him up and he properly wakes up and starts smiling I can put him down again and he'll self soothe and go back straight to sleep and generally wont wake up at 5-7 am. If he wakes before 7 he cries and we out dummy in and he'll go back to sleep. If he cries when he wakes then it means he hasn't slept enough. Seriously don't know what it is, maybe getting used to the new rOutine of 4 feeds a day and no longer needing that 4th nap? He doesn't need any feed over night now to go back to sleep. It's like that just changed overnight!

Last night I finally slept through without sleeping tablets but woke up twice but managed to fall back asleep. I had night sweats so maybe my hormones are balancing as I always had night sweats before AF. See how the rest of the week goes. I feel like a different person after sleeping properly.
    @bbhope - I was told when they start Childcare before 6 months old they get sick all the time but by the time they are 1 they have a really strong immune system

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really know what nightmare is like for babies but @Gelati yours doesn't sound like one. It sounds more like he's just frustrated and not transitioning between sleep cycle well. My DD has had a little cry around 2/3 am and managed to put herself to sleep. Then an hour later she did it again. It doesn't happen a lot though. I agree with you if he cries when awake means he's still tired. That's what my daughter does too. Otherwise she's happy to lie in the cot for a while before calling for me.

Can you try dropping the 4th nap again and see what happens? Try for a few days so he can get used to it.

How's your sleep @Gelati. Any better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - he only does 3 naps now and 4 feeds with no feeds overnight as he doesn't want them. Maybe he's just getting used to this new routine and not having that 4th nap or 5th feed.

I have no idea why he can't transition as he self soothes 100% of the time now. In fact he loves his cot so much he starts smiling as we walk into the bedroom now and smiles when he goes into the cot and just konks out. Last night he slept really late as he had 3 long naps during the day so I thot maybe he would stay down with a late bed time. Nope woke at 10:30 then at 1:30 then slept all the way till 8 so he def knows how to transition. And it can't be teething can it cos he's not fussy during the day and soon as we get him at night he falls straight back to sleep. I'm seriously out of ideas.

Yes AF has arrived in full force and I'm suddenly so tired. Guess that not feeling tired while breastfeeding thing has worn off. I'm feeling it now and managing to sleep again if ds would stop waking up. There's always something! On the bright side he is napping very well during the day now. Usually 2x 1.5 hrs and one 40min tho sometimes he does one 2 hr

How is dd going? Is she crawling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you @Tanej78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the intralipid!!

It was DS last week at the current daycare. They sent him home with his journey booklet. While i was complaining about him not getting enough sleep at the daycare, I feel sad moving him. I sent him there because i know that they have a good educational program. DS was only there once a week so didn't participate that many activities. I am happy to see DS first handpainting being documented in there. LOL.

After 4 nights taking care of DS, DH finally realizes how unsustainable it is to wake up N times a night putting the pacifier back in. Geez.....he didn't know how hard it was for me doing the night shift for so many months. It was easier for him to just say no to sleep training and no to even let him cry a bit! Now, he is semi on board. I know DS is ready to self settle back with or without dummy. He is now able to put the dummy back in by himself during the day. I don't see why he can't do it at night. Again, DH always doubts DS ability. I am the one who has to push.

I am on night watch tonight and insisted that we will only go in if he started to cry hysterically. DS was already up twice within 2 hrs. We watched on the baby monitor closely. Within 5 mins of complaining, he managed to find his comforter and also put his dummy back in and fell back to sleep. It can't be this easy, right?!!!? I really hope that this works and we will stop waking up N times a night from now on!
    @Gelati; DS seems to be dropping his feed in the last 3 days. He didn't seem hungry at 4 hrs mark anymore. DH ended up feeding him at 5 hrs mark.

Cereal for breakfast. What do you buy? I don't see baby cereal at the supermarket.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope thanks ☺️
    Intralipid done again yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope thanks ☺️
    Intralipid done again yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 how are you feeling? How many weeks are you now??
    @bbhope buy weetbix for kids. That's a really good breakfast for them. It's def not sustainable to wake up so many times at night while both you and DH have to work. I think sleep school is a good idea.

Haha it can be that easy. Maybe you guys have turned a corner. 5 mins of complaining is fine. It's good for DS to learn how to self soothe if he wakes up
    @Gelati oh sorry I read it wrong. I thought you haven't dropped the last nap. Could it be sleep regression? But he's close to 7 months now? Is he on 3 meals a day now? I heard the 8 month sleep regression is bad. I wonder if your DS has that early?

Yay for AF! Woohoo!!! Time for a second baby? Lol.

Nowhere near crawling. She only moves in a circular motion on her back.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib feeling good... 5weeks tomorrow and DH comes home tonight can't wait!