+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Forgot to ask. What kind of heater do you have at home? I look at one like delonghi ceramic tower heater. It is more or less cool to touch but i assume it is a fan heater? It can be noisy, isn't it? We have a cheap, small portable fan heater at home from big w long time ago. I won't trust it for fire safety. I can't regulate the temp very well so won't put it in DS room. I wish we have installed the heat lamp in the bathroom now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Mother's Day ladies! @Tanej78 those two lines are the start of your official motherhood journey. I said official on paper as we are all mothers. The babies you've lost means you are a mother too.
    @bbhope we have oil heater. We love it as it has no smell, no air, slow release of heat, even heat and doesn't feel stuffy. Check out the oil heater.

Also we try not to use microwave because of the radiation. But I use microwave to sterilise my bottles so go figures lol. When i heat her food on the stove I didn't use the steaming method. I actually use cooking method as in pour the food on a pan and heat it up. I add a bit of water if I have to so food doesn't go too dry.

Your flight home sounds tough. Hopefully you guys have recovered now.

We are yet to give her any packaged baby food. It really isn't worth it as I will end up chucking a bit. I won't eat the leftover when it's bought but I will when I cook it myself. Not sure why. I'm just a bit weird sometimes.

Can use cows milk to cook in their food not as main drink. I'll find out when. I will ring my MCHN tomorrow.
    @Gelati that's fair. I just realised you said a cup. That's a lot of food. I prob wouldn't give more either.
    @Tanej78 I'm not sure if there is such thing as too much prog but it prob means you need to wean it off slowly can't just drop it. I had pessaries until 12 weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy Mother's Day lovely ladies! I hope you're all having a wonderful day.

@Tanej78 - let us know tmr when it's all official! You're stronger than I am for not poas today

@bbhope - we have ducted heating and I don't use heating over night. It's is a bit drying but I put the humidifier on during the day. Good work on getting through that flight. I am dreading flight with ds so will probably not fly until he's at least 2! He doesn't sleep in our arms as he is so used to the cot now. I don't think he would sleep at all!

I thot microwave was bad so I try not to use it but it's probably OK to be honest.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy mother's day!

DS gift for me is a bit of sleep. I am off to the east tomorrow on a short notice. I hope DS gets over his jetlag soon. He will be in daycare 3x this week so DH can get some rest. I'm still jetlag. LOL.
    @Tanej78: will be stalking your news tomorrow.
    @Minib; you are in fact funny. There is radiation anywhere in the house unless you live in a Faraday cage. Wifi, baby monitor etc.

I eat DS left over baby food. If it doesn't taste good, i dont think DS would like it too. The commercial food is just convenient while traveling. I homemade it when i can. DH doesn't cook so i won't rely on him to make any while i am gone. We still have plenty in the freezer.
    @Gelati: DS would sleep in my arms if he isn't comfortable about other choices!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yep hehe there is so much radiation at home already so I do what I can to minimise things. It just feels better to heat her food on the stove. It doesn't take long at all although one extra thing to wash.

When we travel, I would buy packaged food too. Just too hard to cook otherwise. But hopefully she can eat more adult food soon.
    @Gelati does a humidifier work? Oil heater works really well and doesn't dry out her skin. The ducted heating is never on overnight. I don't like ducted heating when I sleep. I was thinking of getting a humidifier anyway if it's good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: ya don't think there is a problem with high progesterone. Unless u have it in thousands.

DS is still very jetlag. I don't know what to do with it. Going west is easier. Coming back is harder. We are trying to do every thing to get him to nap and sleep including co sleeping. Geez....for the first time in ages that he slept for 7hrs straight last night next to me without even asking for the dummy.i think his bedroom is s bit too cold even with the sleeping bag. DH likes the room cold and we can never agree on the room temperature.

I bought the heatermate so will be getting the oil heater as soon as I come back from the east. So many choices and don't know how many watt is enough.
    @Minib: r u afraid of the radiation leaking out the microwave or in the food?

Re rolling. Ya, you ladies are right. No idea why everyone says rolling tummy to back first!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies hope you've had a wonderful day xx
    @Gelati I'll be sure to update you tomorrow!

Thanks @bbhope I've never had a high prog reading but they've always been on failed cycles my previous clinic didn't test it so we'll see
    How often did you do intralipid?
    @Minib I'll be happy to stay/wean what ever it takes right haha?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: it depends on the dr. My ob did it every 2 weeks but stopped at 12w (I think...can't remember). I requested him to do another one at 16w because that's what drM did. My memory is fading away....drM does every 4w and all the way until 16w. Overall the total number is about the same. All full dose.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - have you developed insomnia since stopping breastfeeding? The past week there have been 3 nights I've slept zero minutes!! It's so frustrating. I read online your hormones can go crazy after stopping breastfeeding. AF hasn't come back yet so that gives me an indication that my hormones are still imbalanced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today @Tanej78!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-05-2016)