+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib when is your next mhn visit? Your daughter is also tall ds was 59.5cm at 8 weeks but only 4.8kg. He has gone up in percentile now. Must be the formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friend said nan gold is really good. More probiotic. Her baby had colic and nan gold was the answer for them. Her baby is gorgeous. Always smiling!

Is there a small tin of formula? I found they are all big tins.

Awww that's gorgeous. If he doesn't cry and self soothe he doesn't have to sleep that much. It's much more interesting when they are awake anyway. My DD is still quite young. Cry a bit still when she wakes up hungry, also she's not a very smiley baby. She's quite a thinker so have a pouty grumpy face more often lol. Very cute but her smiles are still quite hard to earn. She smiles a lot at me and DH but not to others.

Your boy did well with the sleep. Don't worry too much if it's just one wake overnight. He will sleep through when he's ready. I think our babies are pretty good.

I read another thread here on BH where their babies don't sleep. Gosh I feel for those mums. Sounds very very tough. Bbhope has it very tough too. I would have broken down.

It sounds like your milk has reduced too. Mine def has as I didn't pump for 10 hours last night (didn't get up at 2am), they were rock hard but no lumps.

Next visit is on 8th March when she's 3 months. I might ask about the formula and poo again. But the MHN isn't concerned and kept telling me to just keep mixed feeding as she's healthy and putting on healthy weight.

I can't believe my baby is almost 3 months. No longer a newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I think she will be 6kgs when she's 3 months lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: oh wow. She is tall. We r going back to feed 5x a day.

These babysitter and day carer are fatten him up. 6x a day. Ngala advises veges first. But there is no set rule. My friend started with rice cereal because it keeps Bub full. Also after 6m, baby doesn't have enough iron from what's stored in them in the womb as I was told. Also, people just suggest me to put the cereal in the bottle of i want to intro now since DS can't hold his neck steady. You can't do that with vege. I will see.

Day 1 of mixing nan gold LI with aptamil HA. Hope his stomach isn't that upset.

Oh...I would recommend aptamil profutura if DD isn't suffered from allergy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What allergy should I keep an eye on to avoid aptamil profutura?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babies without allergy can just go on normal formula. They are made of whey + casein. With aptamil HA, it is 100% whey. Gastro dr put DS on HA because we are trying to rule out allergy. The milk protein has been broken down and easier to digest. To be honest, I won't do HA unless it is necessary. It is so watery and it doesn't keep bub full as long as nan comfort (normal formula).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do notice nan gold ha is watery. I compared to others at mothers group. I tried Bellamy for a week and Bub didn't poo for 6 days. Not sure if it's coincidence or the formula but GP told me to change and I did without doing any research.

When I was pregnant my tummy doesn't digest dairy well. I didn't feel that good so I didn't have much dairy during pregnancy. I used to have cereal with milk but since I was pregnant I never did. Now my milk consumption is in my coffee and tea. Not much at all. I wouldn't know if Bub has any allergy to lactose. I might start having yoghurt and cereal again just to test.

My paed said not nan comfort but I didn't ask why not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 are you going to do FET next cycle? You have one good frosty yeah?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay attention to iron content for formula. Ever since DS constipation problem, I tend to go with lower iron formula. Yes u can try daily to see if there is any effect on DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - you and bbhope have little chubby babies! how cute! ds is getting chubbier now that he is on formula but when he was on breastmilk he was only putting on 250g a week. No more than that. sometimes 150-200g. So he was long and skinny lol.

Yes we are lucky that our babies sleep at night. I'm still trying with the catnaps tho. I think not feeding him everytime helps nonetheless. Not good to overfeed them. Also it means sometimes he's only up for 30min- 1 hr if he hasn't had a proper sleep. Last night his sleep before bedtime was 1.5 hrs, wonder if he'll do a longer sleep today.

Why did paed so no Nan Comfort? that's what ds is on and i think it's ok. But i'm going to change to Nan Gold slowly.

I think there may be a some correlation with how much dairy you can take during pregnancy and child allergy cos my friend couldn't take much dairy during pregnancy and her son is allergic to dairy and eggs. Normally she drinks lots of milk. But by the sounds of it other than the poo, doesn't sound like your daughter is allergic. If they are allergic usually they break out with skin irritations.
    @bbhope so more watery hey? You mean it looks less white and more see through?
    @Tanej78 - how are you feeling about everything that has happened? You thinking of doing another fresh cycle or going ahead with FET?