+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - heating up on stove is a good idea don't know why I didn't think of that. I don't think ice cube trays will be big enough for ds he eats quite a lot of solids. About half a cup to a cup. I hope I'm not giving him too much but I figure he still has about 800ml of formula and I feed him 30min after milk so figure I'll just give him what he wants.

I mix up fruit with rice cereal sometimes and use water not milk or formula. Maybe I should do that to give him more nutrition.

Oh too bad about the chilli but can you makes it without chilli, scoop some out for him and then add the chilli?

Am I allowed to refrigerate and use the next day? What about day 3? Would be good if I could use for 3 days. I might heat in the stove to kill off any bad bacteria. I made way too much this time around. Will reduce the amount next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's a lot of food which is good. For us, it feels like a lot of work for such little amount of food hehe. 3 days are fine. As long as you know the fridge is working well and food is cold. If he wants to eat, let him eat. I always offer until DD stop wanting it.

Good idea. I might use water for now with rice cereal. Won't introduce breakfast for a couple more weeks. 2 meals a day is enough for now.

Yeah that's what I will do. Take her food out before I add chilli. Even when I steam fish I add chilli lol. Oh and plenty of ginger.

Can your DS eat quite coarse texture yet? Or are you still purée-ing the food a bit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - today was the first day the food was really quite coarse I thought. I don't really purée but mashed the food up quite a lot but today I blended the food but the rice was still quite coarse so he chewed it a bit using his gums. Other times it'd be a mix between mash and coarse ish.

I don't give ds anymore than a cup. Usually if he wants more after I've made up a serving that's it I don't give anymore but with dd I think cos she's not taking as much it's good to give her till she's had enough. I think 2 times a day is enough. Ds is only on twice but sometimes I may give him a snack like mashed avocado

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep FMU @Minib
    @Gelati hehe... All good Bubhub is funny like that sometimes!

Yes great timing... I'm not sure I can do another one til after BT haha

DH rang me after work, he knew I was going to POAS all day thought he might ring me (he's not allowed phone on site) from a work phone... But he was too scared! He's asked me to wait now til BT

I've changed it to Monday morning... So I might just stay in bubble tomorrow... I have a newborn shoot Monday morning so a good distraction!

Im not sure about too much prog... I have crinone leftover from EPU cycle so might just finish that off with my 400mg prog pesseries at night ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep FMU @Minib

DH rang me after work, he knew I was going to POAS all day thought he might ring me (he's not allowed phone on site) from a work phone... But he was too scared! He's asked me to wait now til BT

I've changed it to Monday morning... So I might just stay in bubble tomorrow... I have a newborn shoot Monday morning so a good distraction!

Im not sure about too much prog... I have crinone leftover from EPU cycle so might just finish that off with my 400mg prog pesseries at night ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep FMU @Minib

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep FMU @Minib

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry stupid Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: just checking in. Wow..congrats!!!!!!! The happiest news ever! Do the intralipid ASAP. Please stick bubba!
    @Minib and @Gelati: I haven't been able to catch up. It has been an intense and stress 24hrs+. Long story. Luckily, we didn't have to change the flights and got back. Now dealing with jetlag. We originally planned to have a trip later this year. DH changed his mind now. He said it was torturing flying with DS. The flying part wasn't fun for me either but i think women are tough for comparison. A hat off for a solo flying mom with a baby, who is same age as DS, on our flight back. I guess it again comes down to the baby personality. For you ladies whose bub doesn't have sleep problem, flying a red eye might not be too bad.

It seems like a lot of solid food discussion. I hardly cook during the week anyway so am not thinking about family meal anytime. It is difficult to do family meal because DS eats at 6:30pm and i get back from work at 6pm. Unless we could move his bedtime......

Why dont you use microwave? MIL and my parents don't have microwave at home. It was so difficult to prepare DS solid. It takes so long to warm up his food in the jar on the stove with boiling water. DS doesn't have the patience for it. That's another problem that we are having. I tried to give him solid 30 mins to and hr before the bottle but once we started the solid, he just wanted to continue eating. Now, we are giving bottle and solid one after another. I am still having trouble giving him water. He won't drink from the sippy cup.

DS ate a lot of variety food when we were oversea. We can't be picky. All the jar food are like a proper meal for babies over 6 months. They mixed so many things in there. I avoided some, though. Too scare to try something that's in high allergy category. As for cow milk, I thought it isn't recommended until 12 months old? DS is eating 3 meals a day -- 11am or 1pm feed, 3pm feed and 6:30pm night feed. 2 meals with fruit only. The last meal is normally rice cereal + vege(s). We only tried meat twice from the same jar.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh...i also freeze them. We were too conservative in the past. During the trip, we found out that DS can eat 1 serve of fruit. Almost half a bowl of rice cereal+vege. I am surprised how much he can eat!!! I wish DS was like yours @Gelati. Instead of just shutting his mouth when he is full, he just cried when we put more food into his mouth (despite him opening wide!).