+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I put my knuckle into her mouth, she definitely gnaw into it harder. Used to just suck on it.

So is green poo bad or just normal? I wonder if I should change formula. Yes more watery too. I'm noticing it more as I've dropped one bm feed so more formula now.

You know what's ironic girls. I spent months building and maintaining milk supply. And now I'm trying to stop it and it's also hard work haha. My boobs are hard and leaking. I will pump a bit to relief but every 8-9 hours.
    @bbhope I'm sure your in laws are so happy to see ds they won't care if he's not settled. Is this the first time they see him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Green poo is totally normal. It is just the liquid form that bother me a lot. It leaked everywhere everytime he did it. More like a diarrhea type poo. Plus it didn't keep him full so we switched.

Definitely a teething sign.

When I heard a baby cry on the plane in the past, I just thought it would be a noisy flight but didn't think they were annoying. I almost wanted to apologise to her but just thought she was rude in the end given that we had tried hard to calm DS down. As I said, he didn't set out any cry for the rest of the flight!! Another baby gal was very interested in him. Her father brought her to play with him a few times. Lol. Except DS didn't really care much other than wanting to take her dummy wen she offered it. My niece keeps offering DS the dummy too! It is like a kid gesture to show affection. I have to take it out often because I don't want DS to have this habit wen he is not sleeping. Yes first time for the in laws to see him in person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your in laws would have been so happy!!!!

Mother's Day next Sunday. Whilst I'm very happy, I also think about others who struggle on Mother's Day. I struggled big time after my miscarriage.

I haven't noticed that ha doesn't keep DD full. She actually can't finish her bottle in the last 3 days.

I hope it's a short teething process then. Poor DD.

I'm glad you didn't apologise to that woman. You didn't have to! She should have apologised to you. Your DS did an awesome job with the long haul.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope sounds like you did very well with ds. I wouldn't even dare to tackle a long haul flight so well done. And ignore that awful woman who had the nerve to tell you off. People are so rude and insensitive. No
    Compassion or sympathy at all for others. You are doing your best. I must admit in the past before I had children if I sat next to parents with a screaming baby I'd be like oh god no, but I would never tell them off. It was just more me dreading that flight. But now that I know what it's like I'd probably offer words of support. I'm sure your inlaws were so happy to meet him and give him cuddles!

@Minib - so far I think ds is ok but my mum has the flu. I hope he hasn't got it. I'm not sure I'll get ds the flu vaccine at such a young age but then if he does get the flu it'll be bad. Mm I'm not sure. I've never gotten the flu vaccine myself.

Oh no poor dd. It could very well be teething if she's that unsettled. Couldn't imagine the formula being that bad for her. When u first switched to LI formula ds poo's were weird colour too. A dark ish green and then a creamish yellow. Now it's kinda back to mustard again. Took about 2 weeks for it to settle.

Ds was weird yesterday went down at 7 and didn't wake till 7:30 next morning! Today he's back to his normal late night bedtime tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ya, re the flu vaccine. No, i am not jabbing DS. I personally think it is too young. I don't get flu vaccine myself in the past only during the pregnancy. I might get it myself for the benefit of not getting it and pass it to DS now, though. On the other hand, if i am travelling that much, different country seems to get different strain. Flu vaccine is useless in this case.

DS bottom teeth has come out!!! I'm so glad to see him again. Hahah....it took 5 mins for him to realize that I am physically back. A bit sad that he didn't recognise me the first instance.
    I think there were accidents a while back that babies died because of certain type of flu vaccine that wasn't suitable for young babies? I don't remember the details......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 how are you going??? One week down one to go??

I get flu vaccine every year. I think I'll get it for DD next month. She's not 6 months old yet.

That was a few years ago @bbhope

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope wow teeth that's amazing

@Tanej78 - how are you going?

@Minib - let me know how dd goes with the flu shot. I never get the flu shot.

Omg I haven't been sleeping well this weeks. Two nights this week I've not slept at all at night. I don't know what's wrong with me maybe it's anxiety? I'm going to go to the gp. My mum hasn't been able to help for 3 weeks now and she's not going to be able to help until she gets back from holidays which is 7 weeks away. Maybe that's what's causing it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh up to the teeth! These babies are growing far too quick!!

I'm doing ok felt a bit average today, so just worked from home on the couch...

Going to try and have some accupunture tomorrow... And also considering POAS eeeep

I'll be 7DP5DT....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just checked. Yes, you can get vax after 6m old.
    @Gelati: has DS recovered from the gastro completely? Is he enjoying the solid? And your DD @Minib?

I just realised that DS has down to 4 feeds on milk per day. He really has increased his solid portion since we left Australia. I think if we were less conservative with the solid portion in the past, he wouldn't have needed an overnight feed long ago. I still can't make him eat solid an hr before or after the milk. I have to feed him with the milk at the same time. He has been eating different type of food. A bit worrying but it is hard to be picky when we r out buying commercial food.
    @Gelati: has DS sitting on his own yet? DS has no interest in sitting! He is ok for a few mins if we put him down. Otherwise, he prefers rolling around. Is your DH helping much? We r so used to dealing with DS with the two of us. It would Be nice if we have family in Australia to help! We can't handle him if one of us is on travel. That's mainly because DS still doesn't sleep well at night. That means no sleep for a week is not fun! Another reason we brought DS with us to see the family this time.

We r sending DS to Childcare a few days when I am on travel next. That's the only way for us to get help. I wish we have other choice!

Perhaps handling DS by yourself won't be that bad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - eep have you poas yet??? When is blood test? Are you feeling anything at all? I didn't really feel anything. Count down is on!

@bbhope ds is the same can't be bothered sitting. I feed him in the high chair but he doesn't last too long before he starts squirming. He's still learning to roll from front to back doesn't do it very often. He is also learning to crawl. Yesterday he's started bringing his knees up to crawl. I think he's still a bit off tho cos he's not really up on his hands that much or twisting his waist while up on his hands.

Yes you are probably used to it now. I'm starting to get used to no help so hopefully my anxiety and insomnia goes away once I'm more comfortable with being with ds alone.

Are you worried about ds getting the flu or measles at Childcare? That's my biggest fear. Cold I can deal with but the other things they can catch will be hard to deal with given he is so young. At least after 1 they have their measles shot.

Yes ds is over his gastro now and I think his gut has healed. He is on one bottle of comfort a day now and I will move onto 2 bottles next week. He loves his solids. I'm going to introduce egg next week and then maybe peanut butter the following week.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (06-05-2016)