+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - his last nap yesterday was 7pm. He will always wake. Even if I put him down at 8pm he'll wake again. So I'm not sure what to do. 7pm was his 4th nap and given he was up at 7:30 he should sleep for the night right? Nope. So he had a 5th feed yesterday. He was up at 7:30 again today. Even when his naps aren't more than 3 hrs during the day he still does a final wake. The night before I tried not to put him down so he was up for 3.5 hrs and finally he went down after a last feed at 8:30 but he woke up at 4:30. Can't seem to win. Maybe I need to persist but I don't like doing the feed play feed then sleep routine for his last session during the night because the two feeds are too close together maybe 2.5 hrs apart but it seems to be the only way not to get him to wake again.

Ds cries and wriggles not sure if he will ever go to sleep in the seat. Probably just keep crying.

I just pumped less each day until I only pumped once a day then I skipped a day. I haven't pumped for 2 days now and it's starting to feel uncomfortable. I'm wondering if I should pump or just let it go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry have been MIA. Just very busy at work. Will catch up tmr when on the train back.

Quick post. Yeah PuPo @Tanej78. Rest well! Fx.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dam my mum has the flu and she came over a couple of days ago when she was already not feeling that greAt. Aargh I'm so mad at her for coming over when she wasn't feeling well I bet you ds will catch it. Aargh!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: DS got his second round of cold. He probably got that on the flight. Cold is ok. It helps building his immune system. Flu is dreadful! Wen DH got it, he was off duty for a week. It was super hard for me but a baby with the flu would be harder!

Catch up later.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let's see if I can get some of the posts right!
    @Tanej78: I will be crossing everything for you. Hope DH comes home with good news.
    @Minib: mate through your posts, I thought you are from China. Sorry for my ignorant because I hate people just assume that about me too! Yes, I was allergic to shellfish. I don't know when I grew out of it. I am able to eat now but I still have problem with it if I eat a lot. I thought it was only mussel but recent experience with clam had the same reaction. It took me two meals to realise it! I don't recall when I started eating chilli. Maybe 7?!

DS seems to enjoy a different type of rice cereal. The one at home probably isnt as tasty. He loves the one here. The one here can make half a bowl with two tblspoon! No wonder DS always grumpy at home with only two tblspoons it isn't expand like the one here.

I think going out with a baby and how he or she behaves has a lot to do with the temperament. I know DS gets extremely grumpy if he doesn't get enough sleep. He once got used o sleeping in the pram but now not anymore. @Gelati: our pram can recline. When he wants to sleep, we put it down.

The long haul flight was hard. Again, it depends on the child. We would never fly a late night flight again. We did it because everyone tells us that baby sleeps. First, DS didn't want to sleep in the bassinet. My friend warned us that once babies started to roll, they wont like that. Second, DS was so overtired by the time we board. He just woke up from his last evening catnap when we got to the airport. He got excited and just wanted to stay awake. It way passed his bed time. By the time, we were about to board, he felt asleep. Then, we had to go through the security. The security guy let the pram through without having to pick DS up because he was sleeping. However, they pushed the pram aside and started patting him down. I wasn't allowed to be near the pram. Geez....any baby would freak out by the sudden touching from a stranger asleep and not seeing the mommy!! Then, we kept him awake until we board. We were 20mins late taking off. DS was strapped onto the seatbelt upright for 40mins. He was so tired and started to lose it. It was very hot in the plane as well. DS was sweating. Here it came the inconsolable cry. I took out the bottle and fed him -- didn't help and I wasn't supposed to feed him after a big dinner just 4hrs ago! Poor baby, we were literally forcing him to drink to shut him up. DH couldnt hold him facing us because of the seatbelt or did anything else to calm him. Guess what?! The lady next to me across the aisle told us off! I know how annoying that was but it wasn't like we weren't trying. He suddenly stopped his crying and fell asleep just as we expected. Well, DS was a bit fussy for the entire flight when he woke up but it was manageable. No big cry or anything. I Just walked a lot up and down the aisle. It is such a big difference for our shorter flight. It was an afternoon flight. Despite DS was overtired, he behaved very well overall. Smiling at everyone. DS didn't get enough sleep when visiting my parents, though. Every relative wanted to come by so late. Asian babies sleep very late so they didn't realise that DS normally sleeps at 7:30pm. Well we were trying to shift his schedule at the time to avoid severe jetlag so didn't mind. I must say that it didn't work out. It is best to just deal with the jetlag on arrival. We learn. Our return flight is also late night....not so looking forward.

DS was extremely grumpy for the first two days. I am sure that DS left a bad impression to the in laws. Luckily, his mood improved.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crap @Gelati. Is it a cold or flu? If it's a flu, it's not good.

By the way, are you guys going to get flu vacc for your bubs? It is recommended by the Royal children hospital for anyone older than 6 months old. I'll get it for my DS when she turns 6 months old.
    @Gelati I think he's used to having the 4/5 naps a day maybe? I found DD is used to having certain number of nap / sleep so she sticks to that. I'm not sure how to drop the last nap as well when it's time.

I spoke too soon about DD settling in well with all the changes. She isn't.

Green poop - is this normal with more formula? HA formula.
    Not sleeping well - day sleep is so crap only nap. Wakes up once for night sleep too
    Not feeding well - haven't finished any bottle. A couple spews
    Hiccups after every burp
    Sooky not very happy
    Refusing solid now

I'm not sure what's going on. Sick? Stomach bug? Teething? Sleep regression? Formula not suitable? Silent reflux? Solid not good for her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: maybe just an off day. Green poo is extremely common with the HA formula. DS didn't have any yellow poo while on the HA. Very watery poo as well.

Oh ya. Nap. DS did 3 naps now. Sometime 2 but will be grumpy late evening He is just one of those babies who doesn't sleep much. I have come to accept it. My friend's 4 yrs old only slept 8hrs. No nap and super energetic during the day. No problem. As for 3 naps, he kinda follows the schedule similar to the Ngala suggestion. Longer in the morning. Shorter in the mid afternoon and catnap late in the evening. Well that's in a good day. But 3hrs in total seems to make him happy. I will take that. The textbook is just a guideline, I reckon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiccup can be reflux. DS has that a lot. Oh ya, DS hates water too. @Gelati. I haven't managed to get him to drink water during the meal because should meal is always the same time with milk. He is sick now so we use bottle for water and he is ok with that. Not sippy cup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: I will put down to teething. Te symptoms come and go. One day DS wasn't bother by it. The next he was. When it really bother him, we gave him panadol. That really settles him. We can't put our fingers into his mouth anymore. The teeth are ready to come out. I hope soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @bbhope I'm not from china. Chinese heritage but not from mainland china

Wow if someone tells me off on the plane I would be quite annoyed. It's not like you make baby cry on purpose. How inconsiderate of that person to tell you off. That really annoys me. When I hear baby cries on the plane I just feel sorry for the parents. This is even before I have DD.