Closed Thread
Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Minib: DH doesn't have friend outside of work. Yes, he talked to colleagues about it. After all, we only have male colleagues having babies. It affects their career less. I'm pretty much the first female on my level to have one.

I think DS just eats whatever i put into his mouth. He is fine to be more coarse. I don't know if he actually enjoys food. He just swallows it. He is eating like a pig. LOL. Another thing i am worried is that he doesn't seem to know when to stop eating. He had that problem when he was a lot younger with reflux. His reflux is also worse in the last few days. I thought solid supposes to help?!?! I could hear something come up and then hiccup. Almost every meal.

Oh...i didn't end up joining the mother group. As i mentioned earlier, i think the lady was just too polite to say no. I haven't heard from her about any meet up since. I haven't brought DS back to playgroup since Easter. It looks like he will miss it for a while unless DH is willing to bring him when i go back full time which i doubt.
    @Gelati: It took DS about 1 week from the peak of the cold to feel better again. He is still coughing with stuffy nose every now and then which i hope it isn't another round of sickness. He has been very unsettled today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re panadol. We started giving panadol to DS more now with the teething pain. Bonjela just doesn't seem to do much. We didn't use the panadol unless the temp is rising. I actually don't remember if we gave him panadol for the cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - yeh I agree with the paed. My go said the same. We gave him Panasonic once a day usually jus before bed cos he has a higher temp at night and he's also fussy and won't sleep. Tonight no parasol because he doesn't really have a fever. I really hope he gets better soon. I'm starting to get sick now too.

Yeh once on solids its too much effort to pump. I'm glad I've been able to breastfeed until now but with him being lactose intolerant it's just not working for us anymore. I am down to 2 pumps a day of which I get about 250ml in total. Wow so weird to think I used to get that after not pumping for 6 hrs. I still give him a breastfeed in the mornings instead of a pump if I can that doesn't seem to hurt his stomach too much. Every time,e he breastfeed a I think to myself aw this could be the last. I've loved breastfeeding him when he feeds, there really is a closeness about it. I'll be sad when it's the last time.
    @bbhope - how is ds now? Hope he's feeling better. Ds has lost his appetite. Will only feed 4 times a day and barely have 150ml formula. When you give formula and it says 150ml water, do you count that as ds having 150ml or do you could the amount after you out in formula? So for 150ml water it can be about 180ml all up. I ask cos on the tin it says 210ml 5 times a day but 210 after adding the powder is like 250ml +. No way ds will have over 250ml each feed 5 times a day. Before he got gastro he was feeding 210 max and that was maybe only 3 feeds a day max. Most of the time it was 160-180ml. Although he's def eating less atm he's lost a bit of weight poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: I normally fill 150 ml water + formula. I count that as 150ml feed. If he has left over, that's a different story. I just minus whatever left over which is not accurate but close enough. I don't follow the tin recommendation regarding number of feeds and amount. It depends on the formula. Every baby is different. As I mentioned, some fill him a lot more than the other. It also depends on his appetite. He is now going through a growth spurt (I think). He has been drinking 150--180ml for the last month or so but was drinking 210ml every other feed + solid every 4 hrs yesterday. He was screaming hungry at 4 hrs mark. I just notice how much he can eat the solid, which is about right according to the solid food chart. I was too conservative at home. No wonder he always unhappy when I told him there wasn't any food left. As for the amount of milk, it could also be his reflux because we haven't given him the medication for 2 days due to traveling. I'll see if this is a true growth spurt or due to reflux -- that's not knowing when to stop drinking.

DS is still feeding 5x a day with 4x if he skips the overnight feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: hope your DS feels better soon. Can you start him with simple solid given that he has improved?
    @Minib: I just realize how conservative the guideline is regarding solid in Australia. I freak out when my mom introduced 3 new food to DS in the food we gave him yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope are you overseas now? What new food did your mum introduce? Did it help his sleep? Is he on 3 meals a day now? My MCHN said once we start on solid, we need to push through. Introduce all food within 2 months and have 3 meals a day within 2 months too. So I imagine by 6.5 months my DD would have tried everything. But who knows. We will see.

Maybe she's very busy? I forget to reply to text sometimes. You could reach out again? I love my mg. so nice to have a bunch of girls going through the same thing. Such a shame she didn't reply.
    @Gelati how's DS? Did you use to get 250ml from one single session? Wow! Oh well. No time to pump though. This is my morning yesterday. Fed, played, put her to sleep, pump, breakfast, cook solid, washing, dishes, bottle, purée food, fed, played, fed solid, put her to sleep, pumped, lunch. I didn't stop until 1.30 pm then she was up again haha. It's not like I'm going to cook her food everyday so it's not always like that.

Are you feeling better yourself?

I always count the feed pre formula. So 150ml water plus formula is more like 170ml in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: my mom cooked fish, pork, mussel (?!) with the rice porridge. She didn't tell me about the mussel. I freaked out for few hrs. Luckily DS didn't have any reaction.

Every mchn has their own opinion so we don't take it seriously. Ours don't encourage solid until 6m and everything is textbook guideline about what to eat or not. I am a hypoallegic person so DS might well have the problem. We are just extra careful to make sure he doesn't have any reaction and his poo is doing ok.

Go at your own pace. If you think DD can handle it, go for it. My friend was giving her DS curry at 6m! The other is up at finger food by 6m as well, although her DS can sit very well at that time. DS is still not sitting very well. He hates sitting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I can't believe ds still has reflux at this age. That's so unfair. Good to hear that he didn't get allergic reaction to the mussels. Yes you're right, mhn says that at this age they can go down to 4 feeds a day and he is drinking less milk cos he's older now and doesn't need as much? I'm still doing 5 feeds for now tho. Recently he hasn't been waking after his 7-8pm nap so I've been doing a dream feed at 10. I feed every 4 hrs now and he's generally hungry by then. I've been doing rice cereal this week and once he's fully recovered from his cold I'm introducing all solids full force cos he is def ready. Will probably be this weekend. Will try meat next week.

How is ds going with the travelling? Was he good on the flight?
    @Minib - wow you are super busy! Expressing is so tiring esp now you're on the solids. How's dd going? Yeh mhn said same thing to me but just be led by dd. If she's doing well just keep adding variety. She'll love it.
    I think my milk is pretty much dried up now. I do one feed a day and only get 80ml. Oh I only got that when I hadn't expressed and he slept thru the night when he was still breastfeeding. Otherwise I got about 120ml every 3 hrs. Lots more if he breastfed. Omg I hate his poos now so stinky!! They are a dark brown green colour now too. Probably looks worse as well cos he's sick. He's getting better now but still has a bit of a cough and sniffles. I'm getting better now too thank goodness. I make myself feel better by telling myself he is building his immune system lol.

I enjoy mothers group too. It's also nice to get out and have a chat and ds can hang with the babies. He's is the oldest tho. They are all about 3-4 mths old now and ds is almost 6mths old. Hehe.

ds now only has 150ml formula max. It's about 170-180 once made up. How much does your daughter have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope curry?? I'm not sure that would be recommended. Poor kid. They say not added salt and sugar even at this age.
    @Tanej78 have you had fet now? Thinking of you x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies @Minib @bbhope @Gelati

Today is CD15 I'm having my 4th BT tomorrow to see if there's any hormone change 🙏🏻

Things have been a bit mental, DH just flew back to work today, we've been renovating the bathroom... I've photographed 2 weddings in 10days... Crazy busy! And now prepping for FET lol

2nd round of acupuncture tomorrow and intralipid procedure.
    @bbhope haven't found anyone to do full dose and with the crazy I haven't been able to go to Sydney.

I'm excited though I hit my goal and have lost 12.6kgs before transfer 🙌🏻🙌🏻

So just staying positive now!! And trying not to go crazy within my crazy house