+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, trying with the clip on but it isn't working because DS still cant figure out what it supposes to do. He keeps pulling the dummy out accidentally with it. He gets frustrated. We will just let him play more during the day.

Dr does nothing. Waste of time. I will just observe. Honestly, i really hope that it isnt gastro or anything else! DH is running a fever and i have just gotten over a cold (probably from DS). I am so tired of getting one thing after another. He is still coughing, though.

Speaking about solid. how r u planning to give DD meat? Mashed? DS still isn't sitting so I am not sure when would be a good time to start something more coarse. I would be starting him meat when we return from the trip and he is about 7 months. A bit late but feel a bit nervous trying something new in a different country.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope poor ds. Vomiting, fever loose bowels all sound like gastro to me and not having an appetite. Poor little thing. Childcare is bad esp as they put everything in their mouths. The important thing is to keep him hydrated. You are already on lactose free so that should help.

mhn said once they are on solids they should quickly be on everything and meat is important. You just out it in the blender after you've cooked it. She said with allergy times just try introduce one a week so you can pinpoint what it is they are allergic to. So that's fish, eggs, nuts. But she said it's important to have them start eating them to prevent allergy.

@Minib - I've taken ds off my breastmilk and he's only having lactose free formula now and he's getting better. I'm freezing all my breastmilk now and will introduce it after a week when he's tummy has fully healed. He'll probably be constipated now after just being ok formula. If so I'll give him some pear. Banana and apple sauce are part of the brat diet. I think it's meant to be binding. I will start introducing solids if his tummy starts feeling better. They can have anything really, pumpkin, sweet potato, tomato etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya i know. I don't know why DH is so NOT keen about starting DS meat. In the meantime, I am too scare about intro something new while we travel. If he has allergic reaction and needs ambulance, it is going to cost a bomb. Perhaps a bit conservative, I'll just to stick with the basic, low allergen food. Nut and egg later when we come back. My friend jumped straight to mashed and finger foods quickly at the beginning at 6 months. Her son was able to sit unassisted so that made a huge difference. I have intro quite a lot of food now.
    @Gelati: has DS rolling all over the place yet? DS shows no interest in sitting. He is more keen in crawling! I hope your DS stomach is settling. DS poo isn't too bad today so we will see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - good idea not to introduce anything while on holiday. Just stick with what he can eat. Yeh not sure why cos meat is important for iron and protein. You can start with some chicken and beef. Mhn said puree for. Couple of weeks and then straight onto mashed so they learn how to use their tongue and how to swallow. I can't wait till ds is better so we can start introducing different foods. But yes being able to sit in a high chair is important so they don't choke. But you can start introducing to them before then to get them used to it.

Ds doesn't seem to be sitting too much either. Yes he is rolling a lot but some days he can't be bothered. He really wants to crawl tho but hadn't figured that out yet. When I lie him down he won't go down these days and tries to sit up.

Good to hear ds poo is better today. They are quite resilient. Bounce back quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm...I am going to try the chicken. I am cooking so DH shouldn't complain. If we don't intro anything new, DS will be 7m when we come back. I just made some carrot purée again today. Last time wasn't as smooth and he couldn't digest very well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's DS @bbhope?

At this stage, it's all a plan in my head. I think until we actually start solid I don't really know how she will take it. But I was told it's about texture not necessarily the actual food if that makes sense. So I imagine i won't purée it very smooth. I will make it a bit coarse so she can learn to chew a bit. She doesn't have teeth yet though so can't be too coarse?

You can start with chicken if you think beef can be a bit much. I heard it's harder to digest beef than chicken?

How's DS @Gelati? Is his tummy healed now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: how is FET?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm....all of the sudden, two childcare centers near work offer DS a place! I didn't think we would get in at all. One is offering full time now since i originally requested the full time in a few months time. If i want, i have to send him full time now which i am not ready. Also, i have changed my mind since. I want to work part time until (don't know when) mainly because disappointment with work. As i mentioned, I put in the effort coming back early and wanting to work full time in the hope that they would see the value in me and give me a new contract. Since they dont' plan to renew my contract, I don't see the reason for working that hard instead of spending some time with DS.

I feel bad pulling DS out of the current centre. The day carers are very nice. They listen to me. They have just set up a profile for DS so feeling like a short stay. He has only been there 1.5 months and we will miss a few weeks. I think i won't feel so bad if he has been there for like 3 months, though.

Well, it is kinda like if we don't take the spot for the CC near work, we will have to go down the list again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you girls notice changes in DS feeding pattern a few weeks ago? DD is over 4 months and she's not hungry as often. I actually struggle to feed her as per usual around 3 hour mark. Might need to drag it to 4 hours. The only reservation is it won't be feed play sleep. She doesn't nap that long to take us to 4 hour feeding interval. So most likely we will need to play feed sleep.

That's really disappointing about your work @bbhope. Why don't they see value in you anymore? What's changed apart from you had a baby? You will still produce the same quality of work. It annoys me so much when work start treating women differently just because we had a baby.

I think you need to do what's best for you and DS even if it means pulling him out of current day care. Not ideal but better than be on waiting list again??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yeh completely normal for them to feed less after 3 months. 0-3 months is when they grow heaps then it tapers off. Don't worry so much about feed play sleep routine. Just make sure you don't over feed her. If she does only 40min. Try maybe not feed her that session.
    Ds was lactose intolerant because as soon as I stopped giving him my breastmilk he has healed completely. Been on lactose free formula since Friday but today I have him a bottle of my milk cos he is sick!! I think he caught it from childcare. No fever bit a phlegmy cough. Any suggestions of what I can do? I've given him a small pillow and he falls asleep himself ok but a few minutes later wakes up cos of all the phlegm. Thinking of leaving the dummy in tonight. It will help him transition himself into a deep sleep hopefully.

Anyways that's not the worst part of it. He was attacked by another baby during Childcare cos the minder didn't watch him and left him by himself on the playmat so another baby crawled over and latched onto his face. He had scratches and bite marks all over him. @bbhope if you like your current cchildcare place think carefully about leaving cos you never know what you're gonna get! I've taken him out of Childcare now. More trouble than it's worth. Luckily my mum can look after him when I'm back at work. I don't mind him getting sick when he's older but he's just too young now. He's sick everytime we put him in there it's ridiculous.