+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh also I was right. MHN confirmed my DD has minor upper lip tie. I am upset of course. It's minor though and she said it doesn't impact speech. Mainly impact feeding.

Tongue tied can impact feeding and speech but upper lip tie only impact feeding.

Tongue tied is easy to fix at birth simply a snip. Upper lie tie needs laser. That's why not many paed said anything about fixing it.

Upper lip tie can apparently fixes itself when the teeth come out.

That's what my MHN told me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: if DD keeps having tummy ache, i would suggest to change formula. She doesn't sound like having constipation problem. As i said, with constipation, her poo will be very dry. Breastfed babies poop more often. My mom told me that and it is true while i was still mixed feeding. Alternatively, you can try adding probiotic. I have been giving DS that once a day and he has been doing the poo every day or every other day.

Ya, upper lip tie can affect teeth growth. I don't know much about it. Perhaps do some reading. DS seems to have it as well but i will ask the new paed. I am getting different info about fixing DS tongue tied atm. A friend of mine didn't fix her son at all. She didn't think it is worth the surgery with little return. However, we have decided to get DS fixed. He will have stitches. It isn't right for him not being able to stick his tongue out! Some say that i don't need to wait until he is older to go under. I still have to catch up on doing my own research. It has been a full busy week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not yet starting solid. We have decided to give lactose free formula a go. Gastro dr thinks lactose problem is rare in babies but a lot of people seem to suggest that otherwise. I am not so keen to do the cow milk free formula because it tends to be watery, doesn't keep DS full and will make his reflux worse. We don't want to introduce so many things at once. So switch the formula first and then solid. I think by the time DS is used to the new formula, he will be 5 months old. We might switch back to the normal formula if LI formula show no sign of improvement. That pretty much concludes that his gas problem has nothing to do with the formula. Tongue tied is one of the causes. Of course, we still haven't ruled out cow milk allergy. The babysitter keeps pushing us to try soy formula because her son had cow milk allergy and took it without any problem. I didn't want to comment because excessive soy product isn't good for boys.
    @Gelati: is MCHN suggesting solid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not necessarily. My niece is exclusively BF and she didn't poo for a week once and paed wasn't concerned at all. Generally speaking BF babies poo more but there is no concern when they do poo daily.

Not a good night. DD is up already and it's only 1 am. I think she has confused this as day sleep so she will be up again in 4 hours 😢😰

What probiotics are you giving DS? I might make another appointment to see paed. We aren't seeing him until mid April. Ages away

Poor DS 😱 stitches. Best to also do your own research then. Or ask another paed again. As sometimes doing own research on Google is also just full of opinions from other mothers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - which pram do you have? Can you buy an infant insert?

Your dd sleeps better than my boy. Out of nowhere he decided to fall asleep for night sleep at 8pm. His last feed was 6:30. I knew he'd wake but didn't have the heart to wake him. Sure enough he woke at 1am for a feed. Oh wells.

@bbhope - no she said only offer solids when he shows signs he is ready ie - watching you intently when you eat, open mouth when you open your mouth to eat and grabbing at your food, but I know other nurses say you can start offering them solids at 4 mths to get used to it, I hope you see a diff with the new formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib didn't see ur post. what makes you say dd is confused with day sleep. I think 4 hr sleep is considered night sleep. I hope ds does another 4-5 hrs.

Oh I forgot to ask about upper lip. I checked it again and I don't think he has it. The tie doesn't touch his gums. Are you thinIng of getting laser?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ya. We don't have a bassinet for pram. DS didn't go out for the first 3 months. His pram can lie pretty flat. At the time, we think if we need, just buy an infant insert.
    @Gelati: DS is about 65cm as well except chubbier than your DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes. That's the recommendation for solid. Sign of interest. We were told to start for a different reason. Honestly don't think DS is ready. I have a pack of rice cereal in the pantry. We will try once he is ok with the new formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't think all babies are ready at 4 months? Do you ladies know why we always start with rice cereal? I was planning to skip that as its high in iron and could cause constipation. I'm going to start her with vegetable instead.
    @Gelati normally she sleeps for 6-7 hours on the first leg of night sleep. But last night we fed her again at 7.30 so 8 to 1 am was shorter than normal night sleep. That's ok. DH woke up and feed her lol. And DD slept from 1.30-6 not bad at all. I just finished feeding her and now DH is changing nappy and will play with her.

We got the baby jogger pram. It was a hand me down. Does the job except now I realised the bassinet is small! I'm going to visit baby bunting today and ask the people there. I have to buy a pram cover for rainy days anyway. Was also thinking of buying coffee cup holder. @bbhope did you end up buying one?
    @bbhope I was thinking of switching to aptamil gold ha or aptamil profutura which has more probiotic but not partially HA.

DD is only 11 weeks old but she was 58cms at 8 weeks.

Not getting laser on the upper lip tie. If it doesn't impact speech I don't really mind. They say it could impact feeding but it's already week 11 of BF I don't really mind if it stops soon. I just don't want her to get lisps but that's more tongue tied I think. I'll ask the paed again though when I see him in April.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I'm thinking of changing formula too. But too scared it'll make him constipated. I heard nan gold is better for him now than nan comfort. Maybe I'll buy a little one and try it see how he likes it and handles it.

Sounds like dd had the same schedule last night as ds. Our boy did 8-1 then 1:30-7:30. Then when he woke he wasn't even crying. We heard him talking to himself and I walked in and he giggled at me. Aw so gorgeous! I'm not too worried now that he doesn't have to feed each time he's up as he self soothes basically each time now with no crying at all and no dummy so I don't think there's much more I can do to help him sleep

I didn't know that formula fed babies must go everyday. Ds normally goes twice a day but lately it's 1-2 times.

I feel like supply has gone down cos I don't pump as much each time now. I still get about 550 a day but I think I used to get 650.

I think starting on veggies makes sense to help dd poo. Hope extra probiotics help too. I also get stressed when ds doesn't poo everyday.