+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope what is ds's cry like for night terror? I didn't know they can get night terror at such a young age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - sounds like you have a great routine for dd. Those nap times sound perfect if she can sleep 11-12 hrs overnight. With the dream feed is that her 5th feed for the day? If she only naps 40min does she still stay up for 1.5 hrs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: yes, I thought it is a bit too young to have that. I didn't know what it is at all. DH didn't have the patience with DS crying at night. Sleep deprivation. He is getting better, though. He used to act angry, holding dS, pacing up and down the hallway or rocking him on the rocking chair like trying to calm him. I felt like it was making it worse by transferring the anger to him. When DH was on night watch a week or two ago, i heard DS cried for a long time, i was worried that DH would lose it so i went to his room to help. DS was crying (more screaming) inconsolable with his eyes close. Not the type of crying that results in sobbing afterward. Same thing happened over the weekend and last night. I only noticed that the last two episodes were before midnight (10pm and 11pm).

This is very different than the scream that he had when he was few weeks old with silent reflux. He would set out a big scream and cry in full all of the sudden. Again, nothing like asking for pacifier or hunger. With hunger, he would be awake when i woke into his room. In this case, I would go in, try to talk to him, pat him etc. He wouldn't calm down. Basically, not responsive. I picked him up. He would grab onto my cloth tightly with both hands. I would rock, pat and shoosh. He might seem to calm down for a second but set out the full scream again the next. Most of the time his eyes were close. I noticed that he opened the eyes a few times last night. When i tried to put him down to the mattress (knowing nothing i do would calm him), he would kick, fuss and grab onto me even tighter. I pick him up and put him down with a few attempts. This went on for a few minutes. Then, he would fall right back to sleep like nothing had happened. Coincidently, both times I had turned on the night light and let him grab onto the blanket or comforter (in replace grabbing my cloth) before he quiet it down. DH dealt with this differently and he was very frustrated at the beginning thinking DS being ridiculous. I commented that he might just have a nightmare.......
    Last edited by bbhope; 05-04-2016 at 17:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh poor ds. Grabbing on tight for comfort. That's good that dh is getting more patient with him. It's hard for the dads. And plus sleep deprivation, that makes anyone have a short fuse. I didn't sleep well the night before so was so tired by last night and I snapped at dh. I was frustrated that I couldn't go to bed and leave ds with him as I had pumped etc. dh is not good outting ds down and especially as it was for the night I need to make sure he is tucked in correctly. It's really my fault. I've been doing all the tuck ins so now dh doesn't know how to do it. I will have to teach him.

When ds cries with eyes closed usually it means he is still tired and wants to sleep so I just give him the dummy and he falls back to sleep and then I take dummy out. Do you try out the dummy in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: this is very different. As you know that I spend all night putting the pacifier back in. The first thing I always do when I walk in is to put the pacifier in. In this case, no, he just cried and the pacifier obviously wouldn't stay in. I tried a couple times too. If he is hungry, it is different. He would be awake fussing. So...I don't know why....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw poor Bub @bbhope. Sounds like he just needs cuddles. Is he over his cold now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I didn't realise baby can have nightmare. I thought they are too young for it. you don't think it's teething pain? I know some of my friends babies will scream like they've never seen before because of teething pain.

My friend hasn't replied te the sleep training. Will let you know soon
    @Gelati I think your DS can self settle very well. If dummy isn't an issue I wouldn't worry. Continue use it when needed. It's very handy to calm them down in the car!
    @Gelati dream feed is 6th feed. I feel like we are one feed too many but it seems to work right now. We feed every 3 hour-ish. If she only nap for 45 mins she still stay awake for 90 mins. Babies change all the time. This week DD seems to stay awake longer. Around 100-105 mins. I think we will need to drop one feed in the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many feeds do your babies have now?

She's 4 months old. Don't need 6 feeds really. Ideally every 4 hours so 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm, 7 pm and dream feed. But my DD doesn't stay awake 2 hours and doesn't sleep for 1.5-2 hours every sleep too.

I'm not changing anything yet. I feel like DD will tell me when she's ready to drop a feed or changing her routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's DS @Gelati?
    @bbhope did DS have another night terror?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: not yet. He still has a lot of stuff in his lung. He doesn't know how to blow his nose and cough it out. I don't know how to get well then. The nose spray is near impossible to apply. Let alone the aspirator!
    @Minib: I don't know...could be teething pain. It was so dramatic. When he had the teething pain, dummy helped. Panadol helped (ultimate saver). He just woke up every 1hr asking for it (another type of crying) and chew like crazy. Nothing would calm him down for the screaming / crying episode. I still don't know if it is real night terror. It really seems too young to have it.

DS dropped the feed himself. He is now on 5 feeds schedule or 4 if he "sleeps through". Same as yours, 7am, 11am, 3pm, 6:30pm and overnight feed if asking. We r trying to decide a good way to fit in solid. Sometime he eats before milk, sometime after, sometime half way through the milk. Now, I was told to offer half or an hr before or after the milk. We r still experimenting this because once we started feeding, DS got upset if we stopped and fed him the milk an hr later. He doesn't do long nap ever. Max 1.5hr unless he is sick like last week. I go by the schedule but flexible if he is hungry.