+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know it's such a waste isn't it @bbhope :/. That's why I want to finish this lactose free tun first before trying another as this is only a 400ml tin. Ds just did his 6 th poo for the day. We had to wake him to feed him tonight cos of daylight savings. Then I had to wake him to change him as he did the poo just before falling asleep. Poor guy. He's fallen back asleep again. He's such a good little boy. Didn't cry when I woke him and just got himself back to sleep. I really hope I can resolve his stomach issue. Can't be a nice feeling.

Is there a difference between allepro and ha? I wild try nan ha but it's been discontinued and I heard the new one isn't that great but heard good things about allepro

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's why we went with nan LI at the beginning because it is 400g only. We went through 6 tins on that one. it is more expensive and doesn't last as long if we have to use it everyday now. Aptamil is 900g per tin.

HA is hydrolysed. Allepro is extensive hydrolysed. If cow milk allergy, Allepro will help (still not as good as prescription like neocate). HA doesn't help with cow milk allergy. My cousin kids all use HA and do well. Somehow DS just doesn't agree with anything other than lactose free. I really hope that this is it.

DS still sleeps terrible. DH got zero sleep last night. I really hope that it is due to his congestion. I am not sure if he sleeps better with sleeping bag. He was with ltd. I didn't buy any that's suitable for the weather right now. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah DD is sleeping through 11-12 hours no issue. We are thinking of dropping the dream feed in a few weeks once we have properly established solids. Planning to introduce solids in 2 weeks. I'm also going with conservative approach. One food item for 2 days before the next one. Will do that for a week or so before looking into mixing stuff. This is provided we don't encounter any issues with digestion and poo.

We are on our last tin of nan gold ha. It should last us until we see the paed on Monday week. I'm thinking to try non ha formula next. The reason we are on ha was because it was softer on her gut. But she's 4 months old now maybe it's more mature now and she can handle something different. I was thinking to give Bellamy another go. I read any formula with the word 'gold' has high iron. Our other option is to try the new nan gold ha which is nan optipro. Not enough feedback about it online.
    @Gelati I have heard good things about allepro ha too. Why don't you give it a go? It's supposed to be softer on the tummy.
    @bbhope is the sleeping bag too warm or too hot for him? How did you go with the Vicks vaporub? Did it help with his congested nose? I know you say DS won't let you wipe his nose. We used fess nasal spray when dd had a cold. She hated it. Cried as well. But I just kept persisting. I figured they all hate it so she just have to put up with it. It really helped though.
    @Gelati any improvement on the lactose free formula yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib that's amazing! I wish ds could sleep that long. He only does 8-9 hrs but that's with no feed. Last night cos of daylight savings he went down at 7:30 and slept until 6:30 this morning with a dream feed. Normally he would wake up himself after going down at 7:30 though so we don't get a chance to do a dream feed.

@bbhope I guess it depends on the reason behind the stomach trouble. If your son is lactose intolerant allerpro won't help. I still don't know what ds's problem is. His poo's are not really diarrhoea as they are pretty formed other than maybe 1-2 during the day. But the colour isn't really right and he doesn't normally go 6 times a day. And there is still brown mucus in it. Does your son still have mucus in his poo?

Yeh try the nasal spray again. I've heard it really helps it clear the congestion. Did you manage some sleep last night? I slept terribly. Think I was over tired so was wide awake until 2am I was so frustrated! Fx ds does less poo's today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Super jealous about you both ladies. DS is never a good sleeper. Nap is improving but the night sleep has become worse. I don't ask for more. If he could have 5-6 hrs straight for the first half like he used to, that would have been helpful. I don't remember....he woke up 6x(?) last night. DH didn't get any sleep the night before. Basically, every hr to 2 hr from 11pm. Just asking for dummy. You ladies must be glad that your DD/DS isnt attached to dummy! Comforter doesn't seem to work. He woke up at 5am starving. DH took over by then. DH conclusion is that if he wakes up frequently at night, he use more energy and needs a night feed. If he sleeps a long stretch, he can go without food for 10--12 hrs like he did in the past.

DS is 6 months now. I discuss with DH about sleep training again given that his colic issue is now solved. Again, i dont ask for sleeping through the night because knowing deep down that it is quite common for babies not sleeping through. You ladies are VERY lucky.

I don't think ngala is using controlled crying. DH is against controlled crying. I am luke warm about the concept. It takes a gut to do it. I am sure that none of the parents would want to do CC until the last resort. I wanted to give it a go but probably will wait until consulting with the expert (ngala).
    @Gelati; no more mucus in the poo right after lactose free. What did you mean the color isn't right? Poo changes color all the time. It depends on diet. DS poo is now green because of the iron. Yes, 6x a day seems a lot. When i mentioned to paed about diarrhea on allerpro, he told me that it could be normal due to it being very watery. However, 6x a day with watery stool certainly isn't normal as we phrased it. DS stool was also very watery on HA, although only went once a day. We added the thickener but it didn't make any difference.
    @Minib: sleeping bag is too warm for him at the moment. I bought 2x 2.5 Tog. I didn't buy the vick vapo rub. I read that only the baby vick vapo rub is saved for babies younger than 2 yrs old. DS likes to touch his feet and everywhere. I am too afraid of him putting his hand into his mouth afterward. The vaporizer seems to help a bit. I am reading conflicting info about the vick liquid (gosh don't you love google?). I am using a bit of eucalyptus oil. I shut it off half way through the night because I haven't tested if it would auto shut off. It should but you just never know with a new product.

Since you recommended the fess, i just bought the spray one. It is more mucus in his lung, though. I can hear that when he cough. I'll give the fess a go. I am also catching the cold from dS as well. So how long did it take for DD to recover? I thought he would catch bug during the flight. It looks like he got the bug earlier than i thought. Once a week daycare seems to be enough for him to catch something! We are travelling soon and i really hope that he recovers before it. It would be so uncomfortable to fly with a stuffy nose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope it took DD 3 days to recover from her cold. She wasn't herself for 2 days. Quiet. On day 3 she started chatting more and that's when I think she was feeling better.

Yeah I'm very lucky that DD is a great sleeper. I'm quite strict about sleep - day and night though. I am always very consistent with sleep routine. Even when she was sick I'm consistent. At home she always sleeps in the cot. So she knows cot is sleep time. She is allowed to talk to herself in the cot. When she wakes I don't always go to her straight away. I let her talk to her bed friends first then I go in when she yells for me.

Yep I def think it was the right decision for us to ditch the dummy at 6 weeks. That's when she starts developing good sleep habit at night. Day sleep took longer. I remember it was only in the last 4 weeks (coinciding with I stop BF direct) that she has good day sleep routine too.

I'm not against controlled crying. 6 months is def ok age to do it too if you want to. It takes commitment though. It's hard to hear her cry. I wasn't doing controlled crying as such but at week 6 when I ditched the dummy, the first 2-3 days were hell. She cried a lot and was very upset. I cried myself too. I would sit outside of her room and sobbed listening to her crying in bed. She wanted her dummy bad. But by around day 5 wow she knew there is no dummy and she managed to be a lot calmer. So in a way, we did sleep train her at a very young age. We modified the sleep training. We cuddled heaps. I don't do pat shoosh well as she didn't like it. Well she wasn't used to it and we took shortcut by cuddling her instead. Now my routine is I hold her walking around upstairs while singing a few songs. Then we go to her bedroom where I sing a few more songs while cuddling her. Next is sleeping bag on then I pick her up again for 2 songs, kiss, tell her it's time to sleep and goodnight. Then I left the room. She hardly cry now. She would talk to her bunny and elephant for a few minutes then sleep.

If the sleeping bag is too warm, could you not use it yet @bbhope? Just put him in 2 onesies maybe to layer up instead? I do that sometimes when it's too hot. Otherwise just go to Kmart or target and buy a $20 sleeping bag for now.

Speak to your DH but I think 6 months is a good age to sleep train. There is always something - teething, sick, etc. if DS knows how to sleep well it will help him get through those too. Might help him to recover quicker? Not sure.
    @Gelati 8-9 hours is great! I would take that. If you want to stretch it maybe put him down earlier and give him a dream feed and see how he goes? What time is his bedtime?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should be clear. What works for us may not work for you in terms of sleeping. We are just very lucky that dd likes her sleep. I'm no expert in training baby to sleep.

She is able to self settle better at night. During the day sometimes I hear her grizzle in between sleep cycle.

Could hear her waking up now. 45 mins nap that's all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope iron content in LI is same as comfort and on comfort he had mustard coloured poo's. Probably cos I still partially give bm. But colour aside 6 times a day with mucus is not normal. Once mucus is gone I'll be happier. The poo is not really runny it's pretty former except for twice maybe. Today so far only 1 poo. Secretly hoping he's getting better!
    I think sleep training at 6 months is fine. My friend who went to sleep school they said the crying is not crying its a protest. Not a proper cry. Anyways her baby is good now. I think at some point crying is required if Bub hasn't learnt to sleep yet. Again the school said its not crying its protest and screaming. The way we trained ds is different to minib. We didn't let ds cry it out (other than once but didn't work anyways). We started teaching ds to sleep at around 6 weeks old. Putting him in the cot and not crying and then walk out. At the beginning he learnt to fall asleep by himself no crying at night when it was pitch black but not during the day so we worked on it during the day. Just kept trying. Now he normally goes to sleep by himself with no crying but sometimes still needs a dummy and I take the dummy out once he falls asleep. So we still use the dummy.

@Minib yeh we are lucky to have sleeping babies. He goes to sleep between 8:30-9:30. Just can't seem to get him to go one hr earlier. He sleeps in late too. Wakes at 6:30 and then back in bed by 8 and sleeps 2.5 hrs! Every morning. I'm sure that's stuffing up his night sleep somehow. Once I sort out the gut issues I'm going to start working on his sleep routine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh exactly what minib said. Every baby is different so sleep training is different. You have to do what works for your Bub and what you are ok with. Luckily for us ds could go into the cot not crying sometimes and those times we could get him to fall asleep in the cot without holding or dummy. We just worked from there. Any time we could get him to fall asleep without in our arms rocking was a win. Once he got used to falling asleep without us rocking, we tried to not shush pat or sing and see if he could fall asleep. Just walk out and if he cried go back in and try again. Eventually then he learnt to fall asleep without the shushing etc. but like I said sometimes he still needs a dummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh we didn't do cry it out. I couldn't do that. Won't lie. She did cry when we took the dummy away but that was expected. I comforted her until she's calm and put her down. But then she would cry again wanting the dummy. So I let her cry s couple of minutes then back to cuddles. Repeated that a lot for 3 days but it still made me sad and cry. Babies adapt quickly though.

After she got used to no dummy I always put her in the cot calm not crying. Sometimes after I walk out she would protest again and I'll go back again after a couple of minutes. Does that count as controlled crying or CIO?
    @Gelati you could look into his sleep pattern once his gut issue is resolved. My dd could sleep for 2.5 hours too for her first day sleep. I often wonder if it's too much but she seems ok for now.

7.30-7ish night sleep
    1.5 hours first sleep
    45 mins
    1.5 hours
    45 mins

That's our sleep but I think her awake time is stretched now so I'm sure the fourth nap will drop in a few weeks time.