+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    what?!? everyone tells me banana causes constipation on babies.

Yes, DS gets better once he is on lactose free. He can poop twice a day but it isn't watery. Rice water is the traditional method back home. Basically, they just give baby rice water+porridge(rice that is boiled to make rice water) only for a few days until baby recovers. Ask paed about this?

I can't say much about soy or goat milk. If our DS has milk protein allergy, soy and goat milk won't have worked for him. All i know is that soy shouldn't be used long term for boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhppe maybe because he hasn't had banana before and with an inflamed gut it's not good to introduce new foods at this time?

I'm not sure if ds has a cows milk protein issue l. It's weird that when on my bn and rice water only there is no problem. My bm has lactose and dairy. Gp said he could just be sensitive to everything atm.

I'm happy to hear you have found a solution to you problem with ds stomach it's about time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Their gut lining changes with the intro of solid food. DS poo changes completely now -- pasty and firmer. I really wont introduce solid until he is over the diarrhea, It might just be too sensitive now.

I doubt your DS has the cow milk allergy issue. If there is, it would right from the start. DS was so colicky. It is such a huge difference with the lactose free formula for my DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yeh that's my thoughts but I don't know what's wrong. Already 4 diarrhoea today. Although as with always the first 2 are not really diarrhoea it is more formed and second one always almost looks normal but then always downhill from there. But always still has brown mucus in it. After I finish this tin and still no change will move to goats milk. Although not sure why that would help. If that doesn't work then trying soy and if that doesn't work then going to paed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I'll try allerpro.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati how long has DS has gastro for now? I'm quite surprised he didn't get better on lactose free formula. That's not good. The poor bubba. Is he still happy and smiling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib ds has had diarrhoea for over 2 weeks now. It's not gastro anymore the stool samples came back clear (not sure if it was gastro to start with but gp seems to think it is). Yeh other than the diarrhoea he is pretty much the same. Last night he woke up at 4:30 tho. Hope he sleeps through tonight.

How is dd doing? Is she sleeping but through again now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati; sorry...i don't know why lactose free isn't working! Was he pooping a lot each time? DS did 3x yesterday but not much each time so I wasn't worried. Guess what? DS is also the same. Other than the diarrhea, he was happy in general. I would go and see pead but i don't know what the paed would do other than telling you to wait it out.

I don't have any suggestion on formula because we struggled so much with DS until the lactose free. FYI: Allerpro and HA are both 100% whey. If he is allergic to casein, that will help. BM is mainly whey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope other than the first two I wouldn't say it's a lot. Ds never does massive poops where it runs into his clothes or anything. But yeh the others aren't very big and not exactly diarrhoea but it's not yellow like his normal poo and has brown mucus so I know it's still not normal. 5 poo's so far today.

Yeh exactly that's why I want to put off going. May as well try and find the solution myself. Thanks I'm going to try allepro next. Maybe ds isn't lactose intolerant. Maybe he is just mildly milk protein intolerant and the ha is enough to help. Who knows can only try.

Lactose free should have worked if it was gastro. Don't know why it's not working.

@Minib - which formula are you planning to switch to now that they are stopping nan ha?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: shame that we aren't live closer. I would be more than happy to pass on the allerpro and HA for you to try. Such a waste to throw out all of these almost full tin formula.

Lactose free still has 40:60 casein to whey ratio. It is just no lactose. Give allerpro or HA a good and see what happens.