Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tanej78 - good luck with your FET this month. I've been thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry I meant next month. Getting ahead of myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati thanks lovely I'm just over mid cycle now I think... My last 2 cycles were 42 days then 36 days... So who knows

BUT I have lost 9kgs since my lap... The dietician plan of optifast, reducing carbs and aiming for 70,000 steps a week is working.

My own goal is atleast 10kgs down for next transfer... So I should get there! Eeep... People are noticing which is ace but also a bit embarrassing for this introvert.

I'm sorry I've scrolled through hope al babies are doing good 😘😘
    @bbhope or @Minib did you ask about photo printing? Sorry it's been manic this week, DH home for the first time in over 5weeks, then flying to Adelaide for mums 60th, our 7th wedding Anni yesterday... Not to mention pulling out the bathroom last week haha so sightly distracted...

I refer my clients to print at digital works or RGB digital both have online ordering. My own lab only deals with professionals 👍🏻👍🏻 hope that helps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - my my you have been a busy little bee. Wow congrats sounds like you are well on track to meet your goal. 10kgs that's amazing! Well done you!!

Aw what are you planning to do for your anni?

Does that mean you will be starting after this cycle ends? Fingers crossed its a short one

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good effort! @Tanej78. Thanks. I was looking at nushot. I heard about the digital so will have a look as well.
    @Gelati: I certainly hope that DS has no allergy! So far, it has been a long journey and we don't seem to find a good solution. The diarrhea and mucus poo worried me. We don't really want to put him on prescription if we can because it is watery and doesn't make him full.

DS only poop once today. Good!!! I don't know what it looked like because he was at daycare today. The lady who changed him left for day. We will observe tomorrow. We will feed him pear purée tonight to avoid constipation. He still has the cold, though. Thanks to daycare!

Do u know f they can give him the vaccine if he has a cold?

Oh...nothing special about Te paed because we r so unlucky for not having a good GP. Stupid GP told us to wait and see the last time DS had the diarrhea episode after 1.5w! Asking for stool test and he wouldn't do it. Frustrating. A lot of effort and money to see paed for things a good GP can do.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully ds doesn't have allergy @bbhope. Can you do a blood test? I also heard they can inject a bit of protein under the skin and see if they have an allergic reaction.

I have some idea of how you much feel. After only 2 weeks of this and I'm already so anxious about it. Can imagine how you must feel everytime you see mucus and diarrhoea. Looks so awful and painful but gp was like he's fine. Doesn't seem to be affecting him too much. Though I know with your ds it is different and he is in pain with passing gas, vomit, unsettled. Poor little guy.

Why wouldn't your gp test the poo if you wanted to? How is it their call, you pay for it. Ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will ask the pead about the test. the last time i asked, i was told that the only for them to rule out on baby is experimenting with food!

Actually, DS is much settled than he was despite all these things going on. Well, relatively speaking. Last night, i had to hold him upright 3x to settle him back to sleep. He woke up from the gas (farting like crazy). I hope tonight is better with the lactose free formula.

The GP office is near where we live, within walking distance. I saw two drs so far at the same practice. Both equally useless other than writing referrals. The last time i asked for a referral on tongue tie, the GP commented that i shouldn't so work up about it. That's right. I was so mad. After 1.5w of diarrhea, he still told us to wait it out. I might have to travel a bit to find a good GP. Next suburb, maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In and out of the paed office in less than 15 mins. Conversation only lasted 5 mins. Basically, DS can stay on lactose free if that is the only formula that works. Stay on it for 3 months and then re-introducing the normal formula slowly again. Paed said that we don't have to see him again. He also wants to wean DS off losec in June. DS will be 8 months old. It sounds about right from what i heard. I wonder why paed has such a different opinion than the gastroenterologist. Gastroenterologist didn't suggest us to put him on lactose free at all when i asked. He just said that it is rare. I guess we were dismissed so many times because DS is growing well. I wasn't too happy with the gastroenterologist because he just wanted DS to wait it out. Yes, right. If we want that, we won't be seeking his opinion to begin with! Sigh.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: btw, DS poo is now green, pasty. He went once today and not much. I think it is the aptamil. His poo was also green on aptamil HA. I am not worrying too much about the color. His gas has reduced significantly as well. I really hope that this it is after 6 months of struggling with formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I hope this is the answer for you too. I think 3 months sounds like a good plan. I've read in forums some babies take this long after gastro and need to be on lactose free formula for the gut to heal before they can go back to normal. And yes introduct it back slowly.

Every doctor has a different opinion. Personally I think it's better to let your son's stomach to heal and then try adding back a formula that has lactose in it. It sounds like babies can very easily develop secondary lactose intolerance because they have such a sensitive gut.

Ds isn't getting any better and has lost weight (naturally). Paed emailed me today saying stool sample came back with no virus as expected and now waiting on culture test results but he has recommended me to stop rice water and go on lactose free formula for a little bit until his gut heals. This is also what is recommended on the Royal children's hospital website after a bout of gastro. At first ds didn't want to drink it cos it tastes different but second try he drank the whole 100ml!

He won't be going full lactose free as I read breastmilk contains 7% lactose (this can't be reduced by changing diet). But he can seem to handle the lactose in my breastmilk ok cos when he went breastmilk and rice water his poos went to being normal. I think his lactose intolerance is only mild as he's not fussing and still sleeping well. Last night he did 10hrs straight without a feed! So I will re-introduce his normal formula in maybe two weeks. I'm worried about sending him back to Childcare now in case he gets it again!