+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, that's my thought as well. I am waiting DS diarrhea to clear up before restarting the solid. DS is always curious about me eating. He is probably like me who enjoys food.

Regarding soy, yes, it would be a LOT. Using soy formula and drinking 5x a day until 1 yr old, that's a LOT. I don't know if there is a research paper about this but I am just avoiding it to be on the safe side.

Glad to hear that DS is rolling. @Gelati. Now, i wonder if he will be like my DS wouldnt stop rolling in his cot for a few nights. DS night sleep is worse than two months ago.

I am going to play badminton on tuesday when DS is at childcare. It works out well. Unfortunately, just for another two weeks and then no more. I am back to work full time in May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, he is now fully on lactose free. We don't want to let him suffer another day! So far 2x poo. Pasty looking with mucus and green.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78: hope you are enjoying easter with DH. where do you get your professional photos printed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati that includes the 6kgs that I put on during first pregnancy. I was 50 to 56kgs. And I put on 13kgs for this pregnancy. Ended up 69kgs. I am now 62kgs. So I lost 7kgs - DD was 3.4kgs plus placenta and liquid so really I haven't lost anything since I gave birth lol. I keep hearing BF helps with weight loss but I haven't experienced that myself. I must have eaten a lot more to offset it.

Haha yes everything in the mouth so more dribbling more bib to wash! Already washing 5-6 bibs a day. When she starts teething it will be worse.
    @bbhope that's good. Any exercise is good. When you go back to work full time maybe go for a quick exercise on a weekend morning.

I'm trying to go every sat morning and three times during the week but so far two weeks in and I've only been 6 times. Not very discipline.

I love my food so I'm hoping DD is also adventurous like me. I'll give most things a go.
    @bbhope good to hear DS has less poo now. Hopefully it keeps getting better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps @Gelati I don't like sleeping bag with long sleeve. Prefer sleeveless one. More practical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lactose free saves our sanity. DS hasn't made another poo since this morning. I know that it will go the opposite now -- constipation. It happened with nan LI for the first day or two. This is the first time trying aptamil de lact. I can only hope that the constipation isn't that bad with aptamil. We are trying aptamil because we can get them in europe when we travel. We dont want to switch formula when we get there!
    @Gelati: did DS have the rotavirus vaccine recently? Apparently, rotavirus will cause temporary lactose intolerance with diarrhea. I looked at DS vax record. Apparently, he was already on nan LI at the time, no wonder he didn't get diarrhea this time around.

I am only going back full time for 2 months. I have now decided to do 3 days a week after that. Financially, we really need two people working for the mortgage. I was planning to do full time knowing that there are a lot of stuff going on with the new project. However, i changed my mind given that they are no longer interested in renewing my contract later this year. No reason to work so hard. I would rather spending more time with DS. It is just a bit dishearten that they assume I would do part time and thus kinda rule me out of the new project. Because of this, my involvement will be minimal so no reason to hire me further. There are couple of us are in a similar situation but some female colleagues "play the game" better than me, ie saying they don't plan to have a baby in front of the boss etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - I ended up buying these body suits that were on sale that have thick material for the arms and then put him in the sleeping bag.baby bunting have them on sale for $15. How come you don't like the ones with sleeves? You could try these ones I bought see if you like it better. The sleeves are thicker than the sleeping bag with sleeves.
    Great job for going 6 times. I've been zero! Anything is better than nothing. Breastfeeding can make you super hungry. I know it's hard but try not to eat sugary foods like cake etc.

@bbhope yes ds had rotavirus vaccine 3 weeks before the gastro. Gp said it is too long ago to be the reason.

Went to see gp again today. So ds poo'd 4 times yesterday. 3 so far today but I know he'll do more. I feel like he's hot a wall. No better but no worse. Gp seemed to think he's getting better. Both gp's have agreed that the sudden onset of diarrhoea means that it's likely to be gastro and now his gut has temporarily become lactose intolerant and can take a few weeks to get better. They have said its up to me if I want to give Nan LI until his gut heals and then reintroduce normal formula. Both have said no need to phase in. Both have said not an allergy - firstly allergy is rare and secondly by taking away from his diet can cause allergy. So I'm just wondering what to do. Frequency of poo's seem to be the same but he no longer has watery poo's. Just brown mucus and the gp said that's just like how we get a runny nose when we're sick and that should gradually reduce. Maybe he is on the mend and I should stick it out? Or I could do part breastmilk and part nan LI. My breastmilk must have lactose in it too right as I have dairy. But he seems fine when just on my breastmilk and rice water. So yeh I think he's not lactose intolerant but just sensitive towards it now after gastro. So even if I go on nan LI he will still get lactose from my breastmilk but gp said that is already broken down by my body so very easy to digest. Urgh don't know what to do.

Glad to hear ds is doing better bbhope. That sux about the work situation. But you will get to spend more time with ds which is a big positive. What will you do when your contract ends?
    So far ds only rolls on the mat not in bed yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, that's what i read as well. If they have gastro, it takes a few weeks to recover. It explains it all with your DS case. It does't make any sense for my DS case, though. They tested the poo and no virus or bacteria was found when he had the episode with nan comfort. Also, he was on nan LI for almost 4 weeks. Any gastro should have cleared by then. When we slowly introduced the allerpro, he was doing fine until we hit the 4:1 ratio.

If he is getting better, I won't bother with LI. Is there a reason why GP suggesting nan LI rather than aptamil delact? DS was on that until recently because we will be traveling and Nan LI wont' be available in europe. We don't want to switch formula to upset his stomach again.

My contract will end at the end of the year. There are great opportunities elsewhere just not in perth. DH obviously wants to stay. It gets me upset sometime that he doesn't seem to be listening about my concern re my career.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: @Gelati: you r lucky that you can sort this out with a GP. I have to bring DS to see a paed for this......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - yeh after 4 weeks it should be gone if it was gastro to begin with but could have lagging tummy sensitivity. But it's uncertain whether yours was gastro to begin with especially as ds had tummy troubles before the nan comfort and vomiting etc. whereas with our son there hasn't been anything wrong before. True allergy can happen at any time but gp said fine one day then 8 diarrhoea the next is classic gastro and put that together with the fact he just came back from Childcare they think that's most likely. I still got the poo tested today even tho the bacteria or virus has probably already cleared but just peace of mind. Gp said at this stage the results won't make much of a difference as he thinks he's getting better. 3 so far today and no more green. The last one was brown mucusy. I wonder if that means it's getting better. That's why I'm holding off using nan Li. Gp said I can use any lactose free they said its whatever you feel like. Which confirms our earlier conversation minib which is that all formulas these days are good. Just depends what works with Bub and what you feel like going with. Gp also said that parents these days are too over sensitive and jump to conclusions like allergy too quickly. My gp is old school tho. Haha. He said as long as Bub is sleeping well, still eating properly and well hydrated it means he is fine and it will pass.

So bbhope I chose nan LI because ds is already on nan and it's better to stick with the same brand I think. Don't want to introduce too much variation.

What did paed do different to your gp @bbhope? I have 2 gp's. Our family gp who is old school I've been seeing him since I was 14. And the gp who fixed ds's tongue tie. She is very good but I can never get in to see her and she is far from where I live as she only consults near me once a week. So I usually call her and she is so good she just consults with me over the phone. Doesn't even charge. I have made a booking two weeks in advance for ds in case he needs it tho. That's the earliest booking I could get for her consulting room near me!

How is ds today? Constipation now?

Mm tough one about the career. Have you sat him down and talked to him about your concerns? I think your career is important as his.

@Minib how is dd now? All better? Is she sleeping through again?