+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati are you going to see a paed? Maybe take a photo of the poo to show them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've booked in to see my go. Will take it in with me as they need to test it. Will also take some photos as some are pasty and some are runny. Although he goes so much they are large poo's expecially the diarrhoea. Just small amounts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea @Gelati. Better get it tested

On another note, I am really struggling to lose weight. It's been 16 weeks and I have only lost 1 kg since birth. Argh!!!! I'm annoyed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, mixing. That's the advice I got from some people and the nan website suggests that too. It slightly wastes out the taste as well if you have a picky eater? Who knows. When we were doing the transition, DS didn't get diarrhoea straight away. Like Allepro. All went well until 4:1 ratio. If we switched completely without mixing, he got bad diarrhoea for a few days.

Mucus is obvious. DS also has brown mucus ATM. A lot.
    @Minib: ya probably not a bad idea to skip rice cereal. I will reintroduce vege and fruit first and then add rice cereal for DS. Rice cereal is what keep him full so I won't eliminate from his diet. Just to watch for constipation. He was doing ok after a while. For a while DS didn't need the night feed but we have noticed that milk isn't enough for him anymore. His stomach can only handle that much liquid. I guess that's why it is important to keep up the solid at this stage. Unless there is an alternative for iron fortified food other than rice cereal? Tofu? But I won't do tofu for boy. I am paranoid of soy. The main reason I don't want to try soy formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: l am sure that u would lose weight if u have a colic baby like mine and who doesn't sleep!! We were in a lot of stress until recently. I am gaining back quick. 1kg so far. Certainly, dh am I agree that DS has become easier to handle.

As for the nappy rash, yes, DS is very bad now. Everytime I tried to wipe (pat rather), he cried. good idea about the thick nappy cream. I will do that to act as a buffer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's bigger now @bbhope. Milk alone isn't enough for him. That's why some babies start solid earlier. Why no soy for boy?

I know! You've lost so much weight but not in a good way because of all the stress with a colic baby. I feel so bad for you. Have been a very rough few months.

Have you tried egoderm ointment? It's not in the baby aisle but you can get them for the chemist. It works really well for nappy rash. Paed recommended that one for nappy rash. Otherwise aromababy barrier cream is great too but this one is quite expensive. About $30 for a little jar. You can apply quite a bit as barrier and it will heal soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ain't expert but i read that soy contains estrogen which is female hormone. Don't quote me on this. Pregnant women should try to avoid large amount of soy product consumption if having a boy. My colleague who has a boy also heard about this while she was pregnant. There was a question asking if any of our DH mom had a lot of soy product while pregnant. Perhaps that lead to azoo. I doubt it. To be on the safe side, I won't feed DS soy formula.

Not yet. I put him on sudocream. I'm applying thick as suggested by gelati.

We have had enough of his diarrhea. We don't have the patient for the transition. After a day of mixing, we switched it to de lact completely early this morning. So far, his poo has thicken up but green. Interesting, I just found a forum post showing someone baby poo. It looks exactly like DS. The baby was on aptamil gold plus as well. The person didn't mention how frequent, though. Judging from the red butt, i bet the baby was pooping very often. Someone commented that teething can cause mucous in the poo. Well, I know that but pooping non-stop just doesn't sound like a teething problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - yeh i heard that about teething but i agree with you. this doesn't sound like teething. how is he now on 100% of the lactose free formula?

As for weight, yeh i still have about 3 kg to lose and i'm sure it's all around my belly. I have such a pot now! need to go walking daily or exercise. That's one positive for you bbhope. I'm sure you'd swap it in a minute though if that meant no more tummy troubles for ds. Is his nappy rash better now?

DS so far has done two poos today. No diarrhea since yesterday afternoon and no poo since 10am this morning. Fingers crossed!!

would having a bit of soy really cause such big issues? I think you'd have to have a really large volume before it caused azoo right? look at all the tofu asians have. I still had some tofu and soy bean milk when i was pregnant :P

Yes when i start ds on solids will start with vegies first. He's already had rice water so i may also give him a bit of blended cooked rice. Will introduce fish first then maybe chicken in the meat category. DS is over 5 months now so once he's over the tummy troubles he should be good to go on solids. Maybe once or twice a day. He watched me eating a cornetto ice cream yesterday and wouldn't stop staring at it and everytime i took a bite he smiled and laughed. haha...how does he know to like ice cream already?!

Oh and ds is now rolling! yay!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still have 12kgs to lose geez how have I not lost any over the last 4 months?? I still look 5 months pregnant too. I just joined the gym again so hopefully I will lose some weight. That's if I go to the gym!!

It would have to be lots of tofu and soy wouldn't it?? Tofu and soy are quite common in Asian diet? I love tofu.

Good to hear the poo isn't as runny @bbhope and not as often for your DS @Gelati.

Hah! Ice cream already. Sounds like he's ready for solids.

And yay he's rolling!!! Our babies are growing up fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - good on you for joining the gym! I know what you mean, finding the time is hard. For me it's more sleep first then finding time. If i don't sleep well i won't go even if i have time. How much did you lose when dd was born? I remember you said you hadn't put on much during pregnancy? Maybe i'm remembering incorrectly cos i remember telling you both that i put on 16kgs. Or are you talking about weight in total since doing ivf? Keep breastfeeding...that helps with weight loss

i know they really are aren't they. The last week i've felt like i can play with him. He reaches out for toys and tries to sit up now. Yesterday he tried to pull a toy down from the toy bar but it wouldn't reach his mouth so he pulled on the toy bar instead to pull himself up towards the toy to put it in his mouth. Everything in the mouth. haha.

yeh after the ice cream incident it does seem like he's starting to be ready for solids :P