+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's what I thot @bbhope. He has no extra gas and no other symptoms. I guess 2 x diarrhoea (only tiny amount tho with a little brown mucus) would be considered mild diarrhoea? But he does go 2 more times but seems to not be diarrhoea. But it is green and his normal poo's are mustard colour.

He is only getting about 180ml formula a day atm but if it's allergy it wouldn't matter how much he has right? Any amount would give a worser reaction than just diarrhoea.

I would try lactose free again for now until he is def back to normal and then slowly mix in nan comfort again or whatever normal formula he handled best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't realise HA doesn't keep them full for long. My dd seems to be ok on 3-4 hourly feed. Mind you see gets more BM during the day. If I time my outing right she gets BM during the day and only the 7.30 pm and 10.30 pm dream feed on formula. Those two feeds will last her the whole night. If it doesn't keep her full for long then we might be in trouble when my BM stops. I always thought she was ok to stretch it to 4 hours.

DD is happy for daddy to feed her again and she did a poo. Happy Easter to me! lol. #happydays
    @bbhope when you say you mix formula do you mean mixing it in one bottle? I was told to not do that and instead to alternate the formula. So to introduce new formula every third feed to start with and gradually increase the frequency. I wonder why I was given different advice by others.

Hopefully your DS will learn how to put the dummy back on himself. How big is the comforter? I think it will be ok. I leave a bunny in the cot for DD. this has become her bed friend now. She talks to her bunny before she goes to bed. I watch her from the monitor lol.

Our MCHN also doesn't recommend to start solid until after 6 months however many MCHN have different view and I'm going to ask my paed instead. If he said my dd is ready when we see him at 4.5 months then I'm going to start.

I'm not going to give her rice cereal. I'm going to start her on vegetable and gradually mixing more things. I've been asking friends for ideas on what to mix.
    @Gelati it's common to have green colour poo on formula. Paed and MCHN both said its ok.

I'm feeling better but my nose is blocked. Fess spray, panadol and hot water are my friends right now.

I'm the opposite. I have introduced plenty of dairy into my diet. I drink about 2-3 glasses of milk daily now. It actually seems to help dd's bowel movement until she got sick. But it could all just be in my head. Who knows.

When we switched her from Bellamy to nan ha, we didn't notice any discomfort. She seemed fine but I can't remember. She was about 10 days old and everything was a blur. The one consistent thing was she was always getting at least 50% BM in her daily intake. It's more like 70% BM.

450ml isn't enough for your DS. Maybe just stick with the same formula until your doctor appointment? Then try something different. But introduce it gradually. Either mix it like bbhope or new formula every third bottle on day 1, day 2 and 3 every second bottle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Gelati i thought you were still using nan comfort.

With all the poos from both your DS, do they get nappy rash?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - yay for the poo! It's funny how we are so happy to see poo. Or now I'm happy to not see it! Yeh but ds always has mustard poo in formula and bm mixed. So I know this is not normal. Unless it's the rice water making it green. But he still has diarrhoea with brown mucus in it. So I know there's still something there.

Would bm be heavier than ha? I wouldn't have thot so. Bm is meant to be the easiest to digest which is why breast fed babies feed more often and on demand. That's great dd doesn't seem to need much formula at all. How much bm would she be getting a day? Yeh no way 450ml is enough for ds. He takes close to a litre a day now.

Aw blocked noses suck! But glad to hear you are feeling better and dd is feeding from hubby again. She must be feeling better now.

Oh I like once every third feed. That would be easier than mix feeding and gradually work it in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib yeh still on nan comfort. Don't want to change just yet as I know that can bring problems of its own.

Yeh poor ds has a little bit of a red butt. He normally doesn't have any nappy rash but I've been putting on the nappy cream real thick to act like a barrier so it's just a little red. Nothing too bad. We also don't use wipes just water and terry towel. I don't rub but rather just pat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I wouldn't want to see so much Poo either. If your DS poo is normally mustard colour then yeah something isn't quite right. This mucus in poo. I have never noticed it but I'm wondering if I'm just not as observant. Would I know if I see it??

I don't think BM is heavier than HA hence I give HA at night plus milk supply isn't good at night and normally by 7 pm I have used up all the expressed milk. She will drink about 550-600ml of BM plus 250ml of formula a day. It's quite a lot yeah lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati hence I haven't changed formula yet lol as I figure she just doesn't poo daily so maybe ha isn't an issue. I seriously don't know how to know for sure when formula isn't working.

Good work. I would have done the same thing. Water and cotton ball not using wipe. Even now my dd mainly poo when we are at home so I use cotton ball and water to wipe them. I use Huggies wipes for all other nappy change though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would def know if there is mucus. Babies don't just have mucus with normal poo. Normally it's with diarrhoea. It looks like snot but with a brownish tinge.

Yeh when ds was pooing once a day it was fine. Normally did it when he was fed so normally when he was at home. I always use water when I'm at home but with the poo's I used wipes to disinfect and then clean with water. When I'm out I use wipes.

That's so great you are still getting so much breastmilk. Pumping at 2am has really paid off I wish I could still get 120ml every 3 hrs like I used to. Now I'm happy to see 80ml. I think AF will arrive soon. I'm getting spotting every few weeks. I'm so glad I still have breastmilk. It would be so much worse if I didn't have any I wouldn't know what to do. Makes me want to keep pumping till he is 1yo. Even if I only get a couple hundred ml it's still better than nothing during times when he's sick. After 1 he can have other things when he's sick so it's not so crucial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok don't think I've seen mucus in her poo then.

Yeah I get about 100-120ml per pump depending time of the day. My supply has dropped the last 2 days as I'm sick. I didn't get up at 2 last night too. I'm pumping regularly again and eating oat.

Hah DH asked me tonight when I plan to stop expressing. I said maybe in 2 months lol.

When our babies are 1, forget BM they will get nutrients from other things.

Oh you know what it means if you are getting af soon, you can try for second baby lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - no not thinking of second just yet hehe.

Another poo makes 5 today. But not diarrhoea. Still green with a little mucus tho. I give up no idea what's wrong.