+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope it took us 2 days before we saw a big difference after using rice water. Maybe give it another day? If aptamil lactose free is just as hard to find as nan then is there a reason to switch? Maybe you could buy the nan in bulk online? At least you know ds can handle that one. Oh that's no good ds is not well. But at least he is getting some sleep.
    So does ds also vomit and have skin allergies?

@Minib - oh no poor thing. She must have given it to you. Yes def keep breastfeeding as that will give your dd the antibodies and yeh just sleep don't worry about the 2am pump. I'm sure once dd is feeling better she'll go back to sleeping like a pro.

Next jabs are in 1 mth. Hopefully his tummy troubled are better by then! I really feel for you bbhope. Ds has only had tummy troubles for 1 week and it's been so hard to watch. You've had to deal with it for almost half a year :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - I didn't know dd was on ha formula. Has she always been on that? Maybe try the new one and see how she goes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She was on Bellamy for a week and we switched to nan ha based on recommendation by our GP when we told him dd didn't poo for 6 days on Bellamy. But honestly even on nan ha she doesn't poo daily so I think it's just how she is maybe. I'm going to see our paed in 3 weeks so will see what he thinks. I want to switch to normal formula without ha if I can. She will be on solids in 4 weeks hopefully so I can give her pear and pumpkin.

DD also won't feed from DH. So frustrating to listen to the struggle during feeding. It's been 2 days and DH feels rejected. Yesterday I took over as I didn't want her to starve. Today though I let her be. If she doesn't want to feed from DH then she will just get hungry. Eventually she will feed. It does mean we are one feed behind so she will probably get up at midnight hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll also ask my paed why he said no to nan comfort @Gelati

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor hubby. It could be just cos she's sick. Has he tried feeding her in a different part of the house or in a different position?

Yeh would be good to know why your paed doesn't recommend nan comfort as that's what the hospital gives and I know a few paeds who recommend it. I do think most of the formulas are top notch tho so you really can't go wrong as long as Bub is taking it well and growing. Back in the day baby's didn't have it nearly as good as we have it now. I think we're splitting hairs these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep he had tried a few different spots. In the end she took the bottle but took forever. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Poor hubby felt rejected. I told mum. Of course she told me i should have just fed. I shouldn't have said anything.

Agree. All formula is good and it's personal preference or what works for the bubba. I know quite a few on nan comfort and work much better than nan ha for their babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard for the hubbies isn't it? That's good he persisted tho. She'll come around. Ds always wants me to hold him when he's upset, hungry or just not happy. Screams in hubby's arms. Must not be a nice feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Hope your DD is feeling better soon. Dp u think she just wants more cuddle from you and this not wanting daddy to feed her? Oh....I gave DS panadol more than he needed it!!! Sometime I just didn't know if it was his gum bothering him and thus the frequent wake up at night. Then, no. He still did it so that wasn't it.

Ya, does DD have normal poo color and texture with nan HA? DS had green (with yellow bits) watery poo once a day while on it. His fart and poo stink terribly!!! I heard so much good thing about HA formula. It just didnt do well on DS. He was on aptamil not nan, though.

Nan comfort was also suggested while DS got constipation. 0.7mg iron and it worked for him. Not the gas part......

It got me worried because aptamil de lact has 0.79mg iron which is very close to S26 which got him constipated when he was 2w old. De lact also has less ingredient than other aptamil. Perhaps the simpler the formula, the better for him. Nan comfort doesn't have all sort of extra ingredients as well (like fish oil).

Our hospital uses aptamil gold plus. That's the one DS is on ATM. Strange how his stomach can no longer handle any type of formula. Sigh......yes DS can't go off formula completely until 1 yr old. I feel like he is better off on solid. We have been postponing solid (on and off) due to all the stomach issue lately. We also seem to have a conservative approach here in Australia. My friend in the US was suggested to do 2--3x solid per day from 4months. Paed cleared her. Here only a few teaspoons. When I mentioned I gave him 2x a day now, was told that's too much. I started with one type of new food per day for a few days to see his reaction. Only increased to this much now. (1 fruit and 1 vege mixes with rice cereal). By 6m, her DS was onto finger foods. Here recommendation for finger food is 8--9months.

Yes, start mixing the de lact formula from tomorrow. DS did 6x again today. Not even midnight yet.

Anyway,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think DD is feeling better. She's all smiles and wants to play. She loves the cuddles from DH just not fed by DH. Really weird. We will keep trying. I don't want to feed her but I don't want to starve her either. Don't really quite know what to do.

DD's poo is more towards mustard colour as she more BM than formula. Texture is also more paste like, not runny. She doesn't poo daily we are lucky if she poos every second or third day. Today is day 5 no poo yet!!! I put it to being sick but I really need her to flush it out and do a big poo. Her fart can smell too but I'm not sure if that's to do with formula or BM. TMI but hers and mine smell almost the same lol. Her poo smells too but isn't all poo smell? I've never smelt any other baby poo so I have nothing to compare with. I wouldn't say it smells very very bad. Adult poo smells a lot worse.

Nan gold ha iron is 0.7 but I heard 'gold' formula can have higher iron? I'm tempted to give Bellamy another go.

I have heard s26 can cause constipation so I'm steering clear from it.

I thought by 6 months baby is meant to have tried all food group in solid eg meat, fish etc?

How did DS go last night @Gelati @bbhope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Do you think it is a BF attachment? Good to hear that she is feeling better today.

DS didn't do a poo overnight. Just when i thought he is better, he did 3x every 30 mins since 7am!!! DH mixed the de lact formula. We might have to switch completely tomorrow if it continues. Daycare certainly wont take him on Tuesday if he has diarrhea despite it has nothing to do with the stomach bug.

DS woke up many times last night, asking for dummy. This has become sleep association. I don't know how to get around with it. Everyone tells me that once he figures out how to put it back in, just throw a couple in the cot, he will find it and settle himself. Well, it isn't happening just yet. He finds it but can't put it back in correctly!

He woke up at 4am needing a feed. He refused to sleep afterward but was fine lying in the cot talking, playing by himself. I had to go in just a few times put his dummy back in and hoping he would fall asleep. I couldn't have shut eyes until he fell asleep at 5am. We now give him comforter for night as well. It is not recommended to have anything in the cot before 6 months. Because of this, we always wait until he fall asleep deeply to make sure it isn't covered his face so restless for us as well. We just hope that it will replace the dummy so he would stop asking for us to put it back in. He did fall back to sleep with it twice last night by rubbing the comforter on his face and without the dummy. Anyway, i think we are just worried too much because he knows how to remove something from his face now.

As for solid, it really depends on what reference you are reading! For one reference, 5--7 months only puree or mashed. There is no meat/fish on the suggested food list. Meat/fish only when you move up to the mince category by 8 months. The other reference, pureed meat is OK. It is really up to your comfort zone, I guess. Our MCHN didn't recommend us to start solid until 6 months. Same as the Ngala people. Dr said otherwise. We waited until DS was about ~5 months when we switched to the lactose free formula and his stomach seemed to settle down. He was eating from his swing because his neck control wasn't that good just yet. Thrust reflex wasn't completely gone as well. That's the main reason DH wasn't keen to feed him solid at 4 month.

We wanted to start it slow so we do vege, fruit and rice cereal. One thing at a time for a few days. DS doesn't really need that much iron from rice cereal until 6 months. He has stored enough while in the womb. We will start again once he stomach settles again. He loves it in general.

I would assume meat is harder to digest?