+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the thick one from
    Ergo cacoon. Yeh not sure I want to buy two. Think that's a bit of overkill. Pretty sure they wouldn't have it on sale now. I might wait and see if they have sales during their mid year stocktake sale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah just wait. I have one PB and got given one Plumm. 2 should be enough. I bought one for summer 2016 from bonds for $15. There will be another sale soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many day sleeps do your babies have at 3.5-4 months old?

DD is on 4 naps still.

1) 1.5 hours
    2) 40 mins
    3) 1.5-2 hours
    3) 30-40 mins

Then night sleep. From 7.30 pm roughly

I'm trying to analyse if she wakes up at 4ish because she's had too much sleep during the day, hungry or because she's sick

According to raising children website, it's 3 naps but I don't see how DD can stay awake that long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib it really depends. Sometimes 3, sometimes 4. Today it was 3 but he doesn't sleep well at night atm. Probably cos he's unwell. Will reassess when he is feeling better. You're lucky dd goes down so early. Ds still sleeps around 9 these days.

He's fussy tonight. Won't self soothe and cries as soon as I take the dummy out. It could be one of those nights!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I noticed my dd doesn't have a lot of wake time. When I used to stretch her wake time more she just got grumpy and overtired instead.

Yeah I'm lucky she goes down around 7-8 pm. I'm thinking 7.30-8 works better for us especially when I go back to work.

It could be just one of those nights @Gelati he's probably not feeling too well so fighting sleep a bit more or just want extra cuddles tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

@Gelati: what doesn't make sense to me is why DS has lactose problem now but not before? It is rare as the gastroentelorogist told us. That's why he didn't suggest lactose free formula when i asked. I could be wrong......The theory of making him lactose problem for life is that if he doesn't have the problem and we stop feeding him lactose, his body doesn't know how to produce the enzyme in the future. It is a bit different than kids who have problem to begin with and grow out of it.
    @Minib: Yes, DS is very clingy when he is unwell so it could be the same with DD. We have a spare bed in the guest room. The last few nights we kinda gave up and put him on the spare bed and let him sleep with one of us (whoever on night watch). DS even wanted to fall asleep in my arms. It is a bit difficult to draw the line between creating a bad habit and giving him cuddle while he is unwell!

I just tried some rice water mixing with the formula tonight. I really hope that it calms his stomach down. He has been crying and fussy all day long. He hasn't been like that for a long time. This reminds me so much of his peak crying at 7w. Yes, is that bad. Nothing can calm him even the dummy!

I just got 2 ergo pouch + 1 ergo suit for DS online. 2.5 tog + 3.5 tog. Expensive even they are on sale. ~$50 each. Given that we used 3 ltd, i think that's a good number. DS used his 6kg ltd until recently despite he weight well over that. I reckon we would get a good use out of them for sure.
    Last edited by bbhope; 26-03-2016 at 23:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS had 6x poo today. I am sure that it will be more before midnight. I thought waking up every 1.5 hr was bad when he had teething pain. Now, i didn't even look at the clock and count anymore. Don't ask me how i do it....i am thankful that DH is taking the load of it as well.

we stopped giving him probiotic as soon as he developed diarrhea. I just read that probiotic actually helps with diarrhea?!? The only thing that seems to be different with all the aptamil formula is the use of prebiotic. It is a food source for probiotic (bacteria).
    Last edited by bbhope; 25-03-2016 at 21:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - how long can dd stay awake? Don't worry too much. She will stay awake longer when she's ready
    Yeh you are so lucky with her sleep. I'm happy if ds sleeps 9-6. last night he woke at 12:30. He did a poo but no diarrhoea so I fed him and he slept till 7 this morning. And he did another poo. But of brown mucus but mainly ok. I didn't expect it to be bad as we stopped formula since his 5pm ish feed and then no formula this morning. Went to buy a new tin of nan comfort and gave him 30ml and then another 60ml this afternoon. We will know soon enough if we just had a bad tin.
    Is dd feeling better today?

@bbhope how has ds been since giving him the rice water? If your son is still having diarrhoea after trying most formulas except for the lactose free one I'd stick with that. It's either that or let him have continuous diarrhoea which can't be good for you or bubs.

The probiotic doesn't really stop diarrhoea if it's an allergy or you haven't fixed the root cause. It's just to try to rebalance the guy with good bacteria after they have had gastro or antibiotics. It hasn't helped us get rid of the diarrhoea but at least I know I'm giving him healthy bacteria while we try to find what is causing the tummy trouble.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Despite me not on the watch last night, i didn't sleep well because i could hear DS crying. I told DH not to set the baby monitor volume up so high because it echoes the entire house. Grr....
    @Gelati: no improvement with the rice water. We just bought a tin of aptamil lactose free formula. Taking the risk to try aptamil again. DH wonders if it is something in aptamil that upset DS stomach. See....the HA, allerpro and then gold plus. All aptamil. Nan comfort was ok in term of poo but he was extremely gassy. He was on Nan lactose free couple weeks ago and it worked. Gassy but much better than when he was on nan comfort. We didn't go back to Nan LI because it is hard to find. I don't think aptamil is easier to find either. It seems like our local woollies always runs out of whatever formula we are trying to buy every time!

DS still has diarrhea but it only twice so far. If no improvement by the end of the day, we will start the lactose free. I am bringing him to see pead on Wed. DS is also catching a cold. He has been coughing all morning and sleeping. A relief for us that he is finally napping more than an hour (he did 3 hrs this morning) but not in a good situation! Poor bubba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a cold too!!! Argh.... I think dd gave it to me as she sneezed and coughed on me a few times. I can't even take cold and flu tablet as I'm still pumping my milk so panadol it is. I'm going to skip the 2 am pumping session tonight so I can sleep better to recover. I was tempted to take cold and flu tablet and just chuck the milk I pump out but maybe it's better to give her my BM as I think my body should know to produce some antibody to protect her when I'm not well.
    @Gelati DD can stay up for 90 mins. Then she starts to grizzle. She had blocked nose this morning but was all smiles. She looks more alert today too more like her normal self.

She has also woken up at 4 am for the last 3 nights. I put it down to being sick. I hope it's not the new norm.

Let us know how he goes after the new tin of formula. Hopefully he gets better. When is his 6 month jab due?
    @bbhope it might be something in aptamil then if none of it agrees with DS. Your poor DS has had a bad run and now have a cold too. Poor bubba. Sleep will do him well if he has a cold and maybe some panadol to provide comfort. I gave DD panadol twice 2 days ago.

Nan gold ha has been discontinued. It has been replaced with optipro gold ha. Not sure what to do with formula now.