Closed Thread
Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: I don't know why all the sudden that DS had the reaction with Nan comfort. He was doing ok with it other than the severe gas issue. Initially, we thought it might be a bad tin so we opened up a new tin. The frequent pooping episode didn't go away. I don't suggest you to switch formula. Perhaps just rice water and breastmilk for a while for now? Unfortunately, i don't have an alternative other than the formula. DS now has severe nappy rash. It hurts him when i wipe his butt and put the cream on.

That's my feeling too. If it is gastro, it should be cleared by now. At least your GP is willing to do something. Our GP just told us to wait and see last time after 1.5w of pooping!

We will get another tin of lactose free tomorrow just to clear his diarrhea. Then, we have a paed appt on Wed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

@bbhope oh even though you wrote rice porridge for some reasons I thought it was rice cereal. Porridge/congee has nutritional value, not just carb. All babies in Asian countries eat that for months.

We don't have clicking noise when she's drinking but there can be some leakage. Also sometimes she spits it out. Cheeky girl. So she probably doesn't drink 150ml per feed as she spits out a little bit. I change bib after every feed because of that and her dribble. She's dribbling a lot!!

Makes sense now why you said he can't be on lactose free formula forever.

DD has become quite clingy with me. Sometimes doesn't like hubby feeding her. I think it's because she's so used to the way I hold her, the way I feed her, etc. I try not to take over even when she cries as I can't always feed her.
    @Gelati that's not good. It's a good idea to get his poo tested anyway and also a good idea not to give any other solid for now. You don't want to upset his stomach even more. If you have enough BM I would just stick to that for now and not use the formula for a few days.

When do you go back to the GP?

My little one is also unwell for the first time. Caught a bug somewhere. I gave her panadol twice to help providing some comfort. She seems better today but not drinking as much. Hopefully she's back to normal tomorrow. She has woken up at 4ish for the last 2 nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - oh poor little thing. What is it with bugs lately. Sounds like she's on the mend though. Hopefully will be better by tmr. Does she have a fever or just sniffly?

@bbhope I won't change formula unless I really need to. Going to go another week and see what happens. Yes lucky I still have some breastmilk left but that won't last forever. I'm sure he'll get tummy problems in the future.

My friend had a baby who was lactose intolerant and now drinks cows milk. Her son grew out of it so not sure if it's really a permanent thing like you say?

So far ds has had 180ml formula today and 5 poo's. The last one wasn't diarrhoea and a solid one. I really hope he is starting to get better it's been a week now. The days when he hasn't had formula has been ok so not diarrhoea all week but on and off

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I have diluted the formula with rice water and that seems to help. Not a long term solution but gradually moving back to normal.

@Minib yeh important to let others look after her to get her used to her wider community. My cousin didn't do that and now her daughter screams when she even leaves the room. Doesn't even like daddy

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD refused hubby to feed her again tonight. After 20 mins of trying hubby gave up. It's only the last 2-3 nights so I think it's because she's not well? I hope so as I want hubby to feed her too. She has no problem when DH puts her to bed but just doesn't like the night feed by him. Not sure why???

She had slight temperature, watery eyes, and slight runny nose. She coughs sometimes too.

I also know a lot of babies who can't take cows milk when younger and grow out of it. Asian apparently are more sensitive to cows milk too.

It does sound like the formula isn't sitting well with DS right now @Gelati but that could be because his tummy is sensitive not necessarily allergy? I hope it clears up soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby was away for a few days so it was mainly me. Mum was sick too so it has been mainly me for the last week. Then dd got sick. Gosh I hope I haven't started to make very super clingy to me. I want her to be social and get used to families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib yes you are right probably cos she's unwell and wants her mummy. It's so hard seeing them sick isn't it. Maybe it's the change in weather too. I saw some thick sleeping bags with sleeves from pure baby. So expensive but the only ones I could find that had sleeves. I worry he will be cold with his arms out.

Yeh I hope it's just cos he has a sensitive stomach and not allergy. I'm giving him probiotics daily too. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I have that pb sleeping bag with long sleeve. I bought it from their warehouse sale last year for about $30-$35 I'm pretty sure. PB had a warehouse sale on last weekend, did you go? I think ltd has arm warmer so maybe look into that?

Which probiotics do you give?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib oh really? Damn I missed it. Where was it? Wow that's such a bargain. Did you buy it during summer? I doubt they'll have any on sale now yeh?

I just got one recommended by the chemist. Inner health for kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was at their Collingwood or dfo Moorabbin airport outlet. I bought it around oct last year I think. It was before Bub was born. Def after winter. Their current promo is buy 1 get the second half price. It does mean you have to buy 2. Which sleeping bag do you have for winter now?

Cool. I might look into the probiotic