+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So great to hear he drinks better. Worth getting them fixed then. Was the procedure painful for him? Did he use to spill a lot of milk? Mine spills milk a bit. Not a lot but there's always a wet patch on the bib. Is that normal?

Took her out this morning from 8-1. She cracked it!! Cried heaps. Managed to nap in the pram after a lot of crying and cuddles. Car rides were better. A little cry then slept. I think she has liked her cot too much and got frustrated why she wasn't sleeping there. She then got overtired. I need to take her out more again like we used to. By getting her day sleep right I forgot to take her out more.

How about going to a park for a walk? Sometimes I think shopping centre us good too as they can people watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, all these staying at home and gets his nap right have become fitting his life rather than us. DH never takes him out when I work. He is just too tired from not having any sleep while on watch. DS is still a terrible night sleeper. I find daycare messes him up. He tends to be super restless the night after daycare.

We put a blanket on the ground at the park the other day. DS loved it. He just watched the trees and clouds. A lot of excitement. Other than shopping mall, I don't know where else to bring him. It looks like it is going to be a rainy Easter weekend.

How do u go around with DD when u went out for dinner? There is a night food fair next weekend in the city. I am thinking to bring DS out early but it will require us to come home before 6:30pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I used to go out heaps early days. But when she was about 10 weeks old I noticed her day sleep was so short. Only one sleep cycle each sleep. I accepted it but about 1.5 weeks ago I wanted to train her day sleep so I did that. It worked. Now her day sleep is awesome but then I realised we stay home too much lol. Can't win. Now I need to train her to apply the same sleep routine in a pram not just the cot.

Oh no if it's rainy then not much outdoor activity.

We go early. Like around 530ish lol. Be home by 7 so we can do night routine. But we haven't done it a lot honestly. It's just as easy to put her to sleep then get takeaway and stay in. This weekend though I want to go out for dinner with her. Hopefully she can even watch us eat. I've been eating in front of her to spark some interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey sorry i haven't been on. i wrote a big reply just now but bubhub deleted it. DS has had gastro and we are starting the landscaping so just lots going on.

bbhope - glad to hear you got tongue tied fixed. must be a relief to see ds eat properly.

minib - hope dd will get used to the pram soon. They are quick adapaters. just keep it up. how is the breastfeeding going? my supply has dropped so much that i'm almost going to give up pumping soon. My boobs are getting smaller by the day and i can go 9 hours not pumping and then only get 160ml but that's pumping after 30 minutes. I'm thinking of doing just 2 pumps a day now. I'm sure that's going to reduce my supply even more but i need to let go of it some day. DS is 5 months now. DOn't think i'm going to make it to 6 months or 6 months will be the longest i can make it. my body just isn't producing the milk anymore.

oh in terms of drinking, no ds doesn't have any leakage when he drinks or any clicking sounds or noises. Just the sound of swallowing. Because he had gastro he is still waking once a night but it's much better than when he first got it. Waking 4 times per night. STill don't know how you do it bbhope. You are a machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick reply. I am at work.
    @Gelati: what's the gastro like? Just diarrhoea? We r in the breaking point with his formula issue. We r trying to help but it seems to make the matter worse. Lactose free worked fine with one day constipation and then normal. Still gassy but much better than those early morning grunting in the cot in the past. We tried allerpro. It made the matter worse. Frequent diarrhoea and mucus in poo. How can that be? It is supposed to be cow milk protein free! So we stopped at half a tin. We couldn't deal with him waking at all hrs pooping. Back to lactose free -- constipation for a day or two but that's expected. We can't use lactose free forever so we tried normal formula. Just 2 days in, we already regretted the choice! DS is back to frequent diarrhoea with mucus again!!!!! No one is getting any sleep. I woke up last night taking over from DH watch early because I just couldn't sleep hearing all the crying. :"(

I honestly don't know what else to do now. Maybe back to nan comfort. But he did develop a reaction to it after 2.5 months.

I know switching formula will give him diarrhoea but the mucus is really worrying me. It is Easter. Paed isn't available until next week. We stopped the solid now to avoid any extra "workload" for the tummy.

I might go old traditional way to feed him rice porridge water without milk until his diarrhoea clears up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati that's not good re DS has gastro. How is he? Did it bother him much? How long will the landscaping take? A lot going on for you. We don't BF anymore it stopped almost 2 weeks ago. I am pumping 5 times a day still and give it in a bottle. She likes it. It also looks like my supply is ok still. I can still get around 100-120ml combined each express and that's 20 mins of each side. Your DS is 5 months. He has got the best of your BM and it wouldn't matter much now really in my view. The formula sits well with him as well so I think you could gradually wean him off the BM. I'm going to persist on expressing until she starts on solid. In my mind I'm hoping solid ie pear and prune can help her bowel movement. As you can see I'm stubborn. It's in my head that my BM helps her poo so until we transition into something different ie pear I'm going to continue. Will try to start solid in 4 weeks hopefully she will take it. Have you started DS on solid yet?

You have done so well with the BF and expressing. Well done mumma!!!! No matter when you stop now your DS is very lucky to have 5 months of BM.
    @bbhope why can't DS be on lactose free formula forever? Sorry for my ignorance. I really have no idea. Does this mean DS could have issue with cows milk in the future? Your poor DS. His tummy has been working very hard with all the different formula but it's not like you can just continue with one as it has caused so much issue. Is there anyone in BH that can provide suggestion or advice? Have you started a thread about this?

Does rice porridge cause constipation? Have you tried pear?

Have you heard of A2 formula? Is that any good?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I can't believe with ds almost 6 months old and you still have so much trouble with formula. And he didn't test as being allergic to dairy did he? Poor little guy. Diarrhoea all the time must be horrible for his gut. How many times does he go a day?

Yeh ds was just diarrhoea no vomiting or fever. It was watery and he would go 4-5 times a day and there was mucus too. It was green/brown and at one point there was specks of blood but the gp said that's just because his bowels are inflamed. We stopped the formula and just gave breastmilk and rice water which seems to have helped. The poo is still green tho. Fingers crossed he goes back to normal in the next day or so.

@Minib he has been behaving pretty normal other than waking at night now instead of sleeping through but that could be because of the rice water not keeping him as full as formula. But yeh other than that he seems pretty normal. Not crying more than usual
    And still A big appetite.

That's great you are still getting good supply. Keep pumping and you should be able to maintain it.
    I've only given ds rice water no other solids yet and his poo's come out like little balls of dough. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope when you said your son developed an allergy to nan comfort what happened? Did he get diarrhoea? I'm wonder if ds has developed an allergy to the formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for the tongue tie procedure, DS was just really upset. I am sure that there was pain involved. Minimal.....DS can't use fast teat for a very long time because he would just choke. He was on SS teat until 4 months old. Then, we tried S. After the procedure, we are able to use M teat now. No more clicking noise while drinking.

He can't be on lactose free formula because if he doesn't have a true lactose problem, he will not be able to tolerate any lactose in his diet for life. I wonder if we have created a problem by trying the lactose free for ~3weeks in the first place. Now, reintroducing formula with lactose just makes his digestive system really upset.

A2 formula is only for baby older than 1 yrs old. Rice porridge just plain rice and water. No it shouldn't cause constipation because there is no nutrition value at all just carb. The rice cereal that we buy off the shelf is a different type. Not much advice from BH people. DH is now suspecting something in aptamil that is making his stomach upset. We know that switching formula will cause diarrhea, but that frequent and with mucus just doesn't seem normal! Or we just create a problem by using lactose free.........
    @Gelati: did you send DS poo for test? How do u know if it is a true gastro? DS is pooping like crazy. I can't even count anymore. ie, at least 5x a day!

I am not sure you would call it diarrhea. DS was pooping about 5x a day with mucus poo but it was the normal pasty texture wtih Nan comfort. Poo test came back normal with no virus and bacteria! That lasted ~2weeks until we switched to the HA, which he went back to 1x a day but watery green poo.

Yes you have done really well on breastfeeding! You should be proud.

Rice water. Was that GP suggestion? I mentioned above about it because that's what we did back home. I am tempting to give it a go. I know there is no nutrition value but it seems to calm stomach down. What kind of rice are you using? I only have brown basmati and sushi rice at home at the moment. How often do you give it to DS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - we just assumed it was gastro cos it happened straight after Childcare. We didn't suspect formula because he was fine all this time on it and then suddenly he started going 3 times then 8 times a day with watery poo and mucus. Then one day he had blood spots in his poo. We took him to the gp and he said he was ok because that day he started getting some mustard colour poo but then he got bad after gp again. She said if not good by next week to go back and they will test the poo. I was ok with that cos I thot ds was getting better but now I wish I sent his poo for testing.

After two days of just rice water and breastmilk he went only twice yesterday and poo was still green but a sticky ball. Today I introduced formula and he has gone 4 times already. The last time it was kinda watery. I don't know if it's allergy or if he had gastro and now his stomach is just a bit sensitive.

Last two days I was giving rice water every feed with breastmilk. I wouldn't say rice water has no nutritional value. Rice has lots of good nutrients in it. It just isn't as good as breastmilk or formula. So we went on it in the short term to help settle his stomach and then back on formula but it doesn't seem to be working. If it was bacterial or virus it should have cleared by now. Anyways see how he goes in the next few days. We just use normal white rice