+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati my DD has slept with both arms out since a week old. Every time we swaddled she managed to get the arms out and didn't startle so we left it. We used to wrap her up with Muslin wrap from waistline down though. Now no muslin wrap and just sleeping bag. The only problem is I only have one sleeping bag for the warm weather. Thought it would be cool soon so I have 2 x tog 2.5 sleeping bag waiting for her. I might need to buy another sleeping bag.

She just started to recognise the bunny and have been holding it close to her now. Will need to wash the soft toy!

BF first thing in the morning is the best. 1) you don't have to get up earlier to pump 2) your body will know what antibodies to produce through her saliva

Maybe I should drop the 2 am pumping so it's full for her to suck on. Might try next week. But right now the feeding and sleeping routine is so good!

Has DS started solid yet?

She sleeps from 8-7 with a dream feed at 10.30. If she goes to bed at 7 then she gets up at 6. 11 hour sleep. Awesome yeah.
    @bbhope maybe your DS starts to like car seat as well. I'm waiting for my dd to love the car seat. We have 2 car seats so was thinking to bring one in the house and let her get used to it. Might be good idea for her to watch us eat in the car seat anyway. Otherwise we have to eat on the floor as she can't sit up yet lol.

I think it's a good idea to wean dummy off before 2. Dummy is actually good. I like how it can calm her down without much intervention from us. If she slept well when the dummy fell out we wouldn't have gone cold turkey. It was really hard for 3 days. She was so upset when we went cold turkey.

That's awesome that his sleep is developing too. I have heard many friends said their babies learned to self settle when they were ready. Around 3-4 months. We taught her at 6 weeks but even then it's not full on. People keep telling me to pat and don't pick her up. We picked her up and cuddled. Pat doesn't work so perhaps she doesn't really know how to self settle yet

Yeah 2 am pump. I haven't missed the 2 am pump for the last 3 months I think haha. Oh I lied. I did sleep in 3 times. But otherwise I have broken sleep for the last 14.5 weeks. I pumped at 9 pm. Then finish my chores, putting dishes away etc. in bed by 10. Sometimes it takes me 30 mins to fall asleep now. Up at 2 to pump. Back in bed by 2.30 am but again take 30 mins to fall asleep. Up again around 6.30 am to either pump or feed her.

I pump 5 times a day. Around 6.30 am, 11 am, 4 pm, 9 pm and 2 am. So when she only catnaps I feel rushed all the time.

Could you maybe text her again to follow up? Some people I know are terrible in replying to text. They simply forget to reply. So if you text again and no reply then yeah maybe. But we would be happy to have a new mum joining our MG.

Wow that's a lot of poop! I am jealous. Lol

Gosh is that $600 for lip tie or tongue tie? Lip tie is laser is that right? Tongue tie snip cost us a couple hundred bucks too. But we won't get the lip tie done. It's minor anyway. But yes I am angry for you! If they picked it up you could have BF longer and DS didn't have to swallow so much air and in pain. It's very annoying. They are meant to be the experts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahah I don't think he likes the car seat. He was just super tired yesterday. He likes to be on the love these days so a long car ride is challenging now.

To be honest, we feel like the consultant at the dentist place seemed to sway us into not getting it done. I am pretty sure that it is due to me no longer breastfeeding and a lot of people are on the waiting list to get it done urgently. DH wants it done because just to avoid speech problem down the track, swallowing, biting apple etc. However, both paed and the consultant don't think it will affect speech. I don't know why they make this conclusion because tongue is very important for speech. $600 is for both. If we do tongue tie only, it is the same price. Yes laser cut.

DS slept terrible last night. DH got zero sleep. We don't know what's going on because he is now doing N times of poo like the episode we had more than a month ago with nan comfort. Normal texture but frequent. No infection last time and went on for nearly 2 weeks. Switch of formula will only cause diarrhoea but it isn't the case right now. His reflux is terrible now as expected. Dh feels like changing formula doesn't seem to have any effect. We r giving up now. DS just has to tough it out. We are experimenting a lot more now thinking his stomach can handle better. Anyway, we haven't even gone through half a tin of allerpro and already regretted. What's next?! Karicare or nan pro gold?

Yes I got tog 2.5 and 3 sleeping bag. It is still warm here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: how do u do your Dreamfeed? No picking her up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I picked her up. I don't take her out of the sleeping bag. But I don't like feeding her when she's in the cot lying down. I think if it's BF in bed it's different but bottle feeding I just worry she might choke. After she finishes the bottle I wait for the burp but also hold her upright for 5 mins before I put her back in bed. I don't change nappy during dream feed unless she did a poo.

I was told lip tie doesn't impact speech but tongue tie can. I think it's lisp?

Gosh!!! When are you guys good to catch a break. Seriously. Been such a rough few months with the colic and formula issue. I'm not sure what else you can try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She won't be awake after burping? DS always becomes awake after that because he would spill milk.

No break for us. this is pretty normal. An endless cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she doesn't wake up after s burp. For dream feed though I've been told they don't necessarily have to burp as they don't swallow lots of air while sleeping. DD always burp anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope she didn't burp last night after the dream feed. I held her for 5 mins and no burp. She didn't wake though. Slept until 8 am this morning. So must be ok not to burp during dream feed but not sure when your DS has bad reflux

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you ladies doing? @Gelati, @Minib and @Tanej78?

We stopped allerpro. We have half a tin left. Such a waste of money. We have thrown out 4 tins worth of formula so far. His diarrhea was getting worse. We just couldn't stuck it out. We switched him back to NAN lactose free. Who would have thought the cow milk protein free formula makes the matter worse? Nan lactose free is OK but it wont be a long term solution. We arent supposed to be on it for a long term. It still gives him gas but it isn't as bad as before. We don't know which else to switch to. Aptamil gold 1?

I feel like we cant do proper sleep training without sorting out his stomach issue. I keep postponing sending him to sleep school because it is pointless with issues. We have good and bad nights. You ladies would be surprised if i say 4x waking a night is considered good these days. After we come back from the long trip and have him adjusted to jetlag, he will be 7+ months. Perhaps that is time sending him to sleep school again.

His tongue and lip ties are fixed. He is able to seal the teat now, which is good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies. We've been very quiet haven't we??
    @bbhope gosh can't believe you are still battling with finding the right formula. I'm not sure what else you can do. Hoping solids can help more as DS eats more. Also I agree that it's better to sort out the tummy issue before sleep school otherwise seems a lot on both you and DS.

How did DS go when he got the laser for tongue and lip tie? Do you notice the difference when feeding him?

As for us, we are going well. DD rolled from back to tummy twice now. But nothing for the last 3 days. Her day sleeps are getting better but she might cry in between sleep cycle. She has been able to transition to the next cycle herself most of the time although she has s little cry sometimes. I have just reflected that I've been home heaps for the last 2 weeks while I was training her day sleep. I need to go out more and further so she gets used to the car and pram more. She loves her cot too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: it was amazing when we fed him the night after the surgery. We couldn't even hear him drink until we checked his throat. The Dr can't guarantee that it would change the way he sucks after so long. Fair enough. DS still makes the clicking noises every now and then. We just have to pull it out and try again. No more milk spilling out from the side of his mouth unless he gets distracted and keeps turning his head around.

We haven't brought DS out much either. It has been hot and humid. We should. Perhaps beach over the easter weekend. We dont know what else to do........suggestions are welcome.