+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tanej78 that is a great result. Good on you for always maintaining such a positive attitude. 36 days is not so bad. I had slightly long cycles too. The cycle I did Fet was 36 days.m and normally I average 32 days.

@Minib how is the breastfeeding going? Yup I pump during the day it's so time consuming but I do it while watching tv so I count it as free time aw that's so cute with dd. Bed time cuddles are the best. Too bad ds doesn't really care for them that much. He wants to play and when I lay down next to him in bed he just hits me or screams. Sigh. Maybe he'll grow to like it. It's the same with baths. Doesn't relax him just gets him all worked up. He's def not a naturally calm baby.
    The last week I've started unswaddling ds with one arm out and he's been fine. Will do two arms out from fri onwards and see how he goes. I've been really strict with feed and wake time the last week too. Feed every 3.5-4.5 hrs depending on when he wakes and up generally 6-7am, 10-10:30am, 2:30-3pm, 5pm then last feed at 8pm. I've woken him up if he sleeps too long. He's so far slept through without a feed or waking generally 8-10hrs. Naps during the day are usually 40min or 1.5 hrs. I don't let him sleep longer than 2hrs. Tonight is the first night I dropped the last nap of the day. So he's up between 5:30-8:30. See how we go tonight 😁

Do I need to see paed as well. Is there a reason you need to see a paed. We only saw one at 6 weeks and she said we don't need to see her again. Let me know why she didn't recommend nan comfort. Otherwise I would say it's been really good for us. Ds has poo'd everyday except on 3 occassions where he skipped a day. For the last couple of weeks he also poos at exactly the same time/feed every day. Always second last feed. I would like him to poo first thing instead but not sure how you go about changing that.

@bbhope wow one solid poo. That's crazy! Can't believe you are still battling reflux. Thot it would be better by 5mths

Yeh I'm dreading the flipping. I'm sure it'll interrupt his sleep. Ahh well. The first year is hard with all the development. Is ds grabbing at toys yet? Our boy only just really started yesterday. If I hold out a toy in front of him he will try grab it. And he's kinda grabbing at hanging toys. He's also started flapping his arms really fast and hard and keeps hitting himself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati your schedule looks awesome. Mine is still all over the place.

Do you wake him everyday around 6/7? Or does he wake up himself?
    If he gets up after 45 mins, do you feed him straight away or drag it to 3.5-4 hours?

If last feed is at 8? Was he asleep or awake? And does he sleep through without a feed until 6/7 am? If he wakes up do you feed him?

I think you are there with the schedule. Good work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I needed to see paed again because dd has heart murmur. Paed said its very minor but he wants to check it again.

BF isn't going well for the last 2 days. I jinxed myself. DD has been crying heaps on the boobs. My supply is better as motilium has kicked in so not sure what the problem is.

I let dd sleep however long she wants during the day. That's why my schedule is so all over the place.

Today 6 am feed, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 7 pm. But sometimes she is awake early before due for feeding so we play a bit first. Not ideal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib oh didn't know dd had a heart murmur. Good to hear it's only minor and paed isn't worried. Must be such a relief to know that.

Sounds like you are on a schedule there. Very similar to what I'm trying to do. I don't wake ds in the mornings. If he sleeps around 9ish that's when he wakes up. But tonight is the first night I dropped the last nap of the day because last night he just didn't seem to need it so after his last nap he was tired and didn't fall asleep until 10pm even tho his last feed was at 8:20. And all night I could hear him wriggling around and he woke at about 4:30 and I just left him and he eventually fell back asleep himself at about 5. Then he stirred at around 6 with full wake at about 6:30. So tonight when he woke at 5 by 7 he was still awake and laughing. By 7:30 he was starting to get grumpy so I stretched him out to 8, feed and change and in bed by 8:20. After wriggling he was out like a light by 8:30 so we will see what tonight brings. My thoughts are his last feed are still similar times to the last couple of nights so it shouldn't really affect his sleep right? Anyways we will see shortly.

So yeh basically he would sleep around 9ish to about 6-7 ish the next day with a last feed at 8 ish (awake not a dream feed). Once he randomly woke up crying at midnight and then I had to feed him but then he slept till 8:30. That was very weird.

If he wakes after 45 min I normally see how he is. If he's crying and grumpy I'll feed but normally he's ok if it hasn't reached the 3.5 hr mark. So I play first until I see hungry signs. If it's really early I wait for tired signs and try put him back down to sleep. Today he woke and it was only 2 hrs since he fed. We played for 1 hr and he got tired so I put him down for another sleep and he slept 2 hrs (his first nap of the day was stuffed up as he went to Childcare and only slept 25 min as was woken by another crying baby). So in the end he went 5 hrs without a feed! And he was still ok. But def hungry. If he does a good sleep (1.5hrs) I keep him up for at least 2 hrs now. Even if he catnaps I still try keep him up for 2 hrs esp if he's had a feed during that awake time. But it can vary if he shows real signs of being tired of hungry. jist gotta go with the flow sometimes and not worry about schedule if they really protest and then try get back onto schedule the next time.

Oh ds is the same. It's not a supply thing. They are just liking the bottle and also on the bottle they can look around and turn their heads here and there. I think once you do bottle there's a large chance they grow sick of the boob eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah massive relief as paed said a few times to not worry. He said most likely dd will grow out of it soon. Fingers crossed it's all good when we see him again

Ok it's similar. When DD wakes after 45 mins nap, she's normally not hungry yet just don't want to sleep. So I play, feed then play again before sleep. But normally the play after feed can be quite short especially if I BF. BF is a struggle now and can take 45 minutes for the whole feed. I agree. I think she prefers bottle now. So I think she's self weaning. Oh well. I've always said its when she's ready so i can't force her. I will continue to pump as long as she will take my BM in a bottle. I do hope she can at least BF once or twice so my body knows what antibodies she needs.

DD has been getting up at 6 with the dream feed instead of 4. Still not ideal! 7 am would be nice as I'm so tired after pumping at 2 am. I don't know how to stretch her. Sometimes she will stir in bed for 20 minutes and I let her but she always cries in the end. Never fall asleep again herself.

Looks like your DS didn't need that last nap if he was awake for that long. Hopefully tonight he sleeps until 7 am!

Hah! DD has gone through 5 hours without feeding too. She woke up after 45 mins. We were at mums. After playing for 20 mins I took her home. She fell asleep in the car. It was only 10 mins drive lol so I put her back to sleep and she slept for 2 hours haha. Doesn't happen a lot!

I'm quite jealous with those babies that have day sleep routine as in 1.5 hours in the morning, 45 mins then another 1.5 hours followed by 45 mins again. I have friends whose babies like that. Makes planning the day so much easier. But then again my baby is a pretty good sleeper so I can't complain. At least if it's not because of pumping, I could actually sleep from 10.30-6 uninterrupted.

DD is generally awake for 90 minutes. Maybe 100 minutes. I've tried to stretch to 2 hours and the poor darling fell asleep on the couch sitting up haha. So funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://babyology.com.au/miscellaneou..._campaign=SNAP

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this link. Good read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i was diagnosed with heart murmur when i was 25! I can't believe not a single dr ever mentioned that to my parents back home. It turns out to be harmless. The dr who evaluated my health for PR application also mentioned that to me. Your DD is a pretty good sleeper.
    @Gelati: that's an awesome schedule. DS doesn't have a set schedule for nap. I just put him down when he is asking for it but i can see a pattern. He still needs us to help him for nap. Sometime he doesn't get the last nap and he will just be very grumpy. His bed time is early. 7pm. He hasn't been needing any feed in the last two nights but we are ready to feed him if he needs it. The new formula is certainly kept him full longer. We fed him 180ml in the evening now. Now, i really wonder if we should take paed advice and switch to allerpro. Allerpro is just going to be like HA, very watery and isn't going to keep him full longer! The trouble we have is that he deosn't self settled if he stirs in the middle of the night. Well, we haven't tried to wait and see. As soon as he is cries, we go in and put the dummy in. He falls back to sleep. Yes, i know that there is a sleep association here but he always spits it out before falling asleep in the evening. I was told that baby doesn't go to sleep with sleep aid will fall back to sleep without. Obviously, he has it out before falling asleep so we don't know what the deal is. despite him "sleep through" the night, we dont'. The last couple of nights were restless because we were so worried about him sleeping on his tummy. Apparently, he is fine! Dummy is certainly helping his mild teething pain these days. Only panadol will help with the severe teething pain.

I started to wonder if he is better off sleeping on his tummy. Today, at one of his nap, he slept on his belly and that lasted 1.5 hrs! I went in to check at 30 mins mark. Sure, he farted , stirred at his 30 mins mark but fell asleep straight away.

DS wakes up at 6am these days. He follows the sun. We don't get him up to feed. We put him in our bed and try to drag on until 7am. Most fo the time he dozes on and off. Once he is fully awake at 7am, he always smiling happy because he gets to snuggle with us. Interestingly, after whole night without food, sometime he is happily waiting for me to change his diaper, preparing his bottle and then feed. Hopefully, he will sleep longer when the sun is up later in winter.

I am sending him to a full day daycare tomorrow so i can have some down time for work etc. I think it is good for him to get used to daycare from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: yes, DS grabs stuff within reach now. You should see him grabbed few hanging toys at once and tried to put all of them into his mouth. LOL. So greedy. Everything is in his mouth these days. I suspect this has something to do with his teething. He chews on them. He gets really frustrated if he can't put it in the mouth and chew. He is dribbling a LOT. Everywhere. I also stopped rice cereal. Now feeding a little bit of apple + pear puree (commercial package) once a day. I will make my own on the weekend. I wonder if his poo becomes a bit solid because of the solid food and has nothing to do with the new formula. He still has a bit of solid poo every day. Like a plug and the rest is normal.
    Last edited by bbhope; 07-03-2016 at 22:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: does the mom at the mother's group judgemental? I am yet to meet the group. However, I feel like constantly being judged about breastfeeding and going back to work, dropping DS at childcare. I feel like maybe i am being selfish. I want time for myself to catch up work and joining a sport program for an hour a week. This break wont' last long anyway since i am returning full time in May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope no all the mums are great. There are 12 of us. Big group. Each of us has different challenges. Some babies are like dream babies. Better than mine! Sleep through, doesn't cry much, so chilled and always happy. Some babies are very fussy and crap sleepers. Some mums mixed feed, some exclusively BF and some bottle feed. We ended up chatting about labour, sleeping pattern, feeding, husbands, and asking advice from each other. It's a supportive group. We have our own FB page so we can continue chatting throughout the week. We have officially finished the mothers group run by council and now still meeting weekly on our own without the MHN.

If you feel like you're being judged then just avoid that mum. Not everyone will judge. Some might. But you should go anyway and try it first. You never know. You might end up being really good friends with some of them.
    @bbhope how's DS' poo? I would say his poo is solid because of the solid not formula but maybe ask a doctor or your MHN?

Maybe he does like sleeping on his tummy better. My MHN said in the old days babies sleep on their tummy. Both hers did until sids recommendation said not to.

My MHN also said its very common for babies to wake up around 6/6.30 as that's how their body clock is designed. I asked her how to stretch it to 7 am. She basically told me to just get up and start the day lol at 6. Get used to it haha.