+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow he's rolling @bbhope! I suppose that's the end of swaddling then? Mmm i better get onto not swaddling ds before he starts rolling to get him used to it. Maybe from tomorrow i'm going to put one arm out during the day and see how he goes.

When do the doctors say that reflux will clear up? Hopefully it's not too far away. I'm glad to hear that ds is sleeping through without a feed now and it's amazing you can get him to sleep again without a feed. Last night ds woke up twice during the night for the first time in a long time and i managed to get him back to sleep the second time because i knew he didn't need a feed again. Even tho he didn't feed it's still the same to me as i have to wake up and look after him. You must be so tired @bbhope. I had to get up at 2:30 and then at 5 last night and i was exhausted today. He slept pretty badly last night. 9:30 - 2:30, 3 - 5, 5-6:30 and then 7:30 - 8:30. Normally the morning sleep he does at least 2-3 hrs. Then 3 x cat naps and finally napped for 2 hrs. I wonder what tonight will bring. You are lucky @Minib that your dd can sleep through hot weather. We had the air con on last night and he still didn't sleep well.

Yes @bbhope will you go back to sleep school? I'm dreading going back to work with ds not sleeping through the night.
    @Minib - has your milk supply increased today after all that? poor thing i know how it feels when milk supply decreases. I feel mine has decreased the last two days probably from not sleeping well. ds is pretty much having 40-50% formula the last 2 days. He's 4.5 mths old now so i keep telling myself not to stress so much about it anymore. I think i'm going to stop at 6 months (if i make it that far).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD isn't swaddled for a few weeks now but not in sleeping bag. I've bought 2 sleeping bags so will try when the weather is a bit cooler. I didn't buy summer material and this week is so hot! We had the air con on last night too. I know it's bad but it was so hot in the room.
    @Gelati poor thing. You must be tired. Hopefully DS sleeps better tonight. How's he with water now? Maybe try to give some water on hot days. Not much. Just 10-20ml after a feed.

I am yet to find out if it has increased. Haven't expressed at all today. BF three times today though, took 2 motilium and drink water like there's no tomorrow. Will find out tonight when I express in 30 mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. That's the end of using ltd. that's why DH couldn't sleep well last night. He has to keep flipping him back.

While we r better off having two incomes, it is not impossible if we really tighten our belt with one salary. Hard but possible. The point is that I can never imagine myself to be a full time stay at home mom. I actually feel happy to be back at work. Human interaction and brain stimulation. It is unfortunate that my job won't last long. Kinda sad but that's the way it is. It is just a matter of time anyway. Job market is tough. Half of my classmates have left the profession and gone into other new and exciting field. I might negotiate doing 4 days a week when I officially have to be back full time. I will see. DH has suggested part time but I can't see getting any work done. I am actually sending DS to the CC once a week from next week just to get our foot into the door. We have come to realise that it is impossible to get in the work CC. Wrong time of the year.

No. I will not go back to sleep school. As I mentioned, it is only helpful and works if DS has no issue. There will always be issues. Like teething, rolling, sleep regression etc through the first year. DS is not at the extreme of the spectrum just yet. His sleep pattern is evolving. Like he is ok to sleep in the spare bed for nap now as compared to just the bouncer a few weeks ago. He wakes up for many reasons. He is never a good sleeper since he was born. I don't see what we do is any different than the sleep school does at this point. Put him to bed with a routine and let him self settle. We do it within reasonable limit, of course. It is ok to give him couple more kisses to calm him down. Happy to put him next to us in early morning hrs so we can have cuddle when he wakes up. All my friends (limited) told me that their baby didn't sleep through the night until 1 yrs old. I guess only minority parents are lucky to have a baby who sleeps through the night so early. If yours is, very lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

As for reflux, starting solid will help but it would be a year long problem from other mom experience.

Edit: I stopped swaddling since DS was 2w old. Only ltd at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going to be a difficult night. DS won't stopping rolling to the tummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati @Minib I'm sure I could be wrong so ignore me if I am... but of all the stuff I've been surrounded by listening and reading on BF as baby gets older boobs must create as they go... You don't get the full feeling just a let down when they start drinking

And expressing is totally different to feeding, not a judge on supply levels.

Sounds like your doing amazing don't doubt yourselves xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tanej78. Yes I've realised I don't feel let downs other than the first one now. I can just tell by the volume now. I feel like the first two let downs happen at the same time or one after the other now. How are you travelling? Any updates?

@Minib - you're lucky dd will breastfeed during the day. Ds refuses to breastfeed during the day only during the middle of the night feed and first thing in the morning. Ds started drinking water yesterday. I poured it into his mouth with a supply cup and he kept opening up his mouth for more. Good advice on giving him more water on a hot day.

Yeh I was so tired yesterday but by the end of the day he finally did a 2.5 hr nap and he slept 9hrs last night. Another 2.5 this morning and how he's napping for over an hr. I've got mothers group tho so I'm gonna have to wake him.

Can't believe I'm the only one swaddling the ds still! Lol. Today is the first day I've put one arm out for him. And he's been sleeping over an hr so maybe he'll be ok. I'll do the one arm out for a week and then move onto two arms out. I'll probably still swaddle at night tho.

@bbhope yeh rolling becomes hard when you have to keep flipping them back over. Makes sense. If sleep is a big problem then sleep school but if you have other issues to deal with then probably not worth it.

I can't stay home full time either but I would love to work part time. Can't really afford to though especially if we want to put ds through private school.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess i am the only one who is not thinking about school. I didn't grow up here so no idea about the school system. What's wrong with all the public school here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - I'm not sure in Perth but in Melbourne it depends on the school. Some public schools are very good but to get in you have to live in the zone and the houses in the zone are very expensive. I would prefer private because of the extra curricular activities they offer. I also went to private myself and have been to public before and saw a big difference. Obviously not a replacement for good parenting but I felt they had more to offer but that is my own experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleep school is worth a try if u r up for it.

Hmm...ya if go priv school, need to save up. I will not have a job by the end of the year so the chance of us staying here for a long term is very slim.