Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4? #4

I was a bit teary when I was in the car but I had to focus on driving. I am not asking her opinions.

Yes, DS is certainly teething. Omg. I gave him teething gel last night and he slept few hrs stretch for the first time in 4 days. And then panadol at night feed. I got some sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear both you and DS got some sleep. Hopefully he sleeps well again tonight. Poor thing. Must be so uncomfortable when teething.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. that's why my friend told me that the sleep issue just never seems to end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - good to hear you got some sleep. Wow your son is an early teether. Has he got a fever or is he just uncomfortable / have some pain?
    @Minib - how is dd going?

AFM haven't been on much cos ds has been catnapping all day and it was exhausting. So today i tried only feeding him every 3 hrs (therefore not sticking to the routine of wake and eat anymore) and after the second catnap he has been sleeping for over 1.5 hrs. Altho he did wake after 40 min and i had to resettle him back to sleep. First time i've been able to resettle him back down but i did pick him up and needed to give him a dummy. He woke up screaming / crying but had his eyes closed. His eyes remained closed even after i pcked him up which is the only reason i was able to get him down again. At night he is again random. Last night he did 5 hrs then 5hrs the night before he did 4 hrs then 3.5 hrs then 2 hrs. I'm thinking of enrolling into sleep school. Mainly for the catnapping. I can barely get anything done let alone pump when he sleeps 30 min all day! even keeping him up for 1.5 - 2hrs hasn't worked. I know randomly he will sleep 1.5 hrs or 2 hrs but it just feels like something is not quite right. Especially as he's not consistent at night and i know he doesn't need that night feed anymore. He also doesn't eat properly.

Also think my milk supply has dropped by about 20-30% as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    meanwhile man do his poos stink now that he's on part formula. pee yew!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 10 mins break. @Gelati: i hope sleep school gives you the answer of catnapping. If you find the magic portion, let me know. I have long given up on the catnapping. I have other issues to focus on DS. DS has never been consistent for night sleep. I think this is fairly common? As long as you don't try to settle him with milk everytime he wakes up. I know that DS needs one night feed because he always drinks the full bottle. My friend who is very pro on schedule told me that her bub didn't sleep through the night until he was on solid.
    Perhaps your DS still needs the night feed? Of course, only you know better.

Actually, teething at around 4 months is quite common. He doesn't have any fever. He drools like crazy and chews on anything he can grab on. He gets agitated if he couldn't chew the toy on his hand. He loves to chew on my finger. Obviously, he is just feeling uncomfortable/pain during the night. That's why he only started back to his old night schedule after giving him the teething gel and panadol. I am glad to get this suggestion. I save me this week. I am exhausted for not getting any sleep for 4 nights in a roll, DH wasn't helping and working full time. DH owes me. LOL. He already complained after two nights of night shift last week. He finally realized that it isn't as easy as he thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - maybe my son is teething too then cos he is drooling everywhere like a tap and whenever i have my finger in his mouth he bites down hard. He likes to chew on toys and his finger too. But other than that no other symptoms.

yes your hubby owes you big time. Noone gets it until thye do it themselves. I'm sure if dh didn't have those 3 weeks at home with me and ds as a newborn he'd come home and be like...what do you do all day? i'm glad you have found the issue tho and now you are at least getting some sleep. 4 nights in a row is a killer!

Yeh i'm not too phased about the one night feed....he either sleeps through or has 1 night feed (i have to feed him otherwise he won't go down again) and then he usually sleeps again for 3-5hrs. but i thot given he does sleep through sometimes he must not need it? i don't know. Anyways main issue is the catnapping. As a result he is grumpy and doesn't feed well so i def think he needs more sleep. Even if he does 2 catnaps only and good other sleeps that's fine but 4 catnaps a day. That's too much. he is so grumpy by the end of the day and it also means he sleeps badly at night. I can't understand why cos he self soothes without a dummy. They all told me once i teach ds to self soothe he won't catnap. What a lie!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't tell you if catnap affects night sleep. That's because DS is inconsistent. He actually slept through one night 7:30--5:30 and then I settled him back to sleep without a feed until 6:30. Dh didn't sleep through that night. That's the night he did the night shift. He also woke up to prep the bottle only to find out DS fell back to sleep. Lol. It happened to me so many times. Now he knows why I don't sleep well despite DS is sleeping few hrs stretch.

DS certainly is hungry with this watery ha formula. I think sleep dominates feed for him. He can go to bed hungry! We actually noticed that he hasn't been drinking much for the morning feed for a long while now. We were quite puzzled until now realising that he might not need that night feed at all if sleep dominates his hunger. The night feed actually keeps him full so he doesn't have the appetite in the morning. That says if he doesn't have the night feed, he probably will be waking up like 5am and resettling is a bit hard work afterward like the first time he slept through. DS dropped his feed automatically so I will just be guided by him. I think he will sleep through without a feed when he is ready. Hoping by the time we intro solid. If he isn't hungry, he can be resettled with the dummy.

Oh teething. DS has been drooling since 3 months old. Only until recently that he is fussy if he doesn't have anything to chew on. DH doesn't believe me that the teething gel helps. So tonight, DS was fussing a lot. The min I went in to put the teething gel in his mouth, he quiet down and fell asleep. Not heathy though so I don't know the alternative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope went to mhn today ds weight 6.8 so not 7kg yet.he is 17 weeks today. She said we're not overfeeding which is good but she did say wait 3-4 hrs between feeds. So if he catnaps and it's not time to eat just play and see if he will go down without a feed if he's tired. I tried that and he went to sleep no fuss so if he wakes up after another catnap that will be 3.5 hrs so we can feed. That makes things a lot easier!! She also said just put him to sleep when he's tired without a feed. No need to stay up for 1.5 hrs just whenever he's tired cos after a catnap he may not last that long. Anyways see how we go. She says given he knows how to self soothe he will link the sleeps eventually. Here's hoping!
    Last edited by Gelati; 19-02-2016 at 13:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: haha...that's what i told you. I don't feed if it hasn't been 3--4 hrs. For us, it is more to manage his stomach. He just can't handle frequent feed. It will only make his reflux worse. That's why wasn't too happy with the day carer who fed him every 2 hrs. We just play with him and put him down for another nap whenever he is sleepy again. I don't know how many kgs DS is now but i am pretty sure that he is well over 7kg.