Closed Thread
Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tahli, I agree with @tuxcat - you will definitely find someone when the time is right hon. You're an amazingly inspirational woman and any man would be lucky to have you

@winsor, thinking of you hon and hoping everything went well

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),midnite01  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Summer  (07-03-2016),Tahli  (07-03-2016),winsor  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

Sorry I've been a bit quiet - I was traveling for work and was following along but didn't have good internet reception so wasn't posting much.

I can't remember if I posted before I left, but just before I went away DH had his first court appearance about increasing time with DSS and it went pretty well. @Blossom74 I remember what you said about the judge in your case and it was really similar - he basically yelled at both parties and demanded "WHAT ARE THE ISSUES HERE?" and because there are none (just nit-picking on her side) he immediately awarded five nights a fortnight with us and said that he sees no reason to go to week about shared care and set a trial date for April. So now we're in negotiations to see if we can work it out before trial as that is REALLY expensive.

So we had DSS for a few days last week after school and on the weekend and he was so excited. And I've got to say so was I Because it is now a school changeover he only has his school stuff with him and has limited clothing here as he always used to bring a bag with all his clothes and shoes, so on the weekend we took him shopping and bought him everything he needs and filled up his wardrobe. I was like a pig in mud, I told DH that the food budget might be tight for a while because I'll be out spending it on clothes for DSS!!! And we made sure he did his homework and reading and I did the school run this morning for the first time, got his lunch ready etc - I'm in my element. I know he's only my DSS but it feels like I'm part of a real family now and he is that happy it is not funny - he's singing all the time and won't bloody shut up

On another note, I had a hysteroscopy booked today that I cancelled. I just can't face it. I am phobic of hospitals and it was just too much. I've only just gotten my health back to a nice point and I don't want to stuff it up again with a general anaesthetic. And they kept saying it was a D&C and I told them several times that I don't want another D&C as I've already had five in my lifetime and it was meant to be a biopsy to check for enteritis and NKC but when they kept saying D&C I just cancelled. So I'll likely talk to my FS later this week and see, but I don't think I'll get it done. But that leaves me not sure what to do next... Maybe I'll do that low dose stim cycle and see if I do get enough follies to head to EPU. That would be enough to get my head around without thinking of two GA's within a couple of months and invasive procedures that freak me out.

That's it from me. Hoping all is OK with @winsor, that Baby Cakes is burrowing in nicely for @Blossom74 and that @Tahli is getting all set for a successful transfer!
    Last edited by Summer; 07-03-2016 at 09:58.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Blossom74  (07-03-2016),calypso75  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Tahli  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone. we had the scan. there is a baby! she said I'm 7weeks 4 days not 7 weeks 1 day (only asked for transfer date and 5day embryo not LMP). the baby is measuring a bit behind at 6 weeks 3 days. I'm hoping this is still OK. she said the heartbeat was good - measured a few times 108/09/111. feeling so relieved and happy. I hope it continues to grow and catch up a bit. she said I might need another scan to check it's growing ok, possibly next week. so I need to find out about that - if I need another referral etc

thanks for all your good wishes! they're working

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (07-03-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Blossom74  (07-03-2016),Bongley  (07-03-2016),Caesardust  (07-03-2016),calypso75  (07-03-2016),Corbes  (07-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (08-03-2016),midnite01  (07-03-2016),Petal40  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Summer  (07-03-2016),Tahli  (07-03-2016),tuxcat  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks everyone. we had the scan. there is a baby! she said I'm 7weeks 4 days not 7 weeks 1 day (only asked for transfer date and 5day embryo not LMP). the baby is measuring a bit behind at 6 weeks 3 days. I'm hoping this is still OK. she said the heartbeat was good - measured a few times 108/09/111. feeling so relieved and happy. I hope it continues to grow and catch up a bit. she said I might need another scan to check it's growing ok, possibly next week. so I need to find out about that - if I need another referral etc

Fantastic news @winsor! That's so awesome! And measurements this early are really difficult, especially if the uterus is a bit retroverted, it's common to measure a bit behind, so a follow up scan to put your mind at rest is a great idea. A heartbeat! How exciting!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Blossom74  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),winsor  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor thats fabulous news. Woo hoo congratulations so very happy for you

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Blossom74  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Summer  (07-03-2016),winsor  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

thats great @winsor, hopefully next scan will be measuring spot on x

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Blossom74  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Summer  (07-03-2016),winsor  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Hi everyone

Sorry I've been a bit quiet - I was traveling for work and was following along but didn't have good internet reception so wasn't posting much.

I can't remember if I posted before I left, but just before I went away DH had his first court appearance about increasing time with DSS and it went pretty well. @Blossom74 I remember what you said about the judge in your case and it was really similar - he basically yelled at both parties and demanded "WHAT ARE THE ISSUES HERE?" and because there are none (just nit-picking on her side) he immediately awarded five nights a fortnight with us and said that he sees no reason to go to week about shared care and set a trial date for April. So now we're in negotiations to see if we can work it out before trial as that is REALLY expensive.

So we had DSS for a few days last week after school and on the weekend and he was so excited. And I've got to say so was I Because it is now a school changeover he only has his school stuff with him and has limited clothing here as he always used to bring a bag with all his clothes and shoes, so on the weekend we took him shopping and bought him everything he needs and filled up his wardrobe. I was like a pig in mud, I told DH that the food budget might be tight for a while because I'll be out spending it on clothes for DSS!!! And we made sure he did his homework and reading and I did the school run this morning for the first time, got his lunch ready etc - I'm in my element. I know he's only my DSS but it feels like I'm part of a real family now and he is that happy it is not funny - he's singing all the time and won't bloody shut up

On another note, I had a hysteroscopy booked today that I cancelled. I just can't face it. I am phobic of hospitals and it was just too much. I've only just gotten my health back to a nice point and I don't want to stuff it up again with a general anaesthetic. And they kept saying it was a D&C and I told them several times that I don't want another D&C as I've already had five in my lifetime and it was meant to be a biopsy to check for enteritis and NKC but when they kept saying D&C I just cancelled. So I'll likely talk to my FS later this week and see, but I don't think I'll get it done. But that leaves me not sure what to do next... Maybe I'll do that low dose stim cycle and see if I do get enough follies to head to EPU. That would be enough to get my head around without thinking of two GA's within a couple of months and invasive procedures that freak me out.

That's it from me. Hoping all is OK with @winsor, that Baby Cakes is burrowing in nicely for @Blossom74 and that @Tahli is getting all set for a successful transfer!

Brilliant news @Summer! As I said in my earlier posts, the tolerance for parents being uncooperative purely out of spite is quite low in the Courts ATM, and I think this decision bodes very well indeed for your case in April. If DH's ex can just come to the party and agree to week about (because after all, that's only 2 extra days a fortnight now) you'll be home and hosed. Even if it goes right to the top of Family Law Court though, I don't think it will cost as much as you might think it will. The higher costs generally come when you have to make repeat appearances due to other issues (mental health, drugs, abuse etc) but generally when both parties are of normal circumstance it all happens in one appearance fairly quickly and painlessly.

I don't blame you for cancelling the hystero either. You have enough on your plate to deal with. Sending you big hugs

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Summer  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Fabulous news @winsor! Massive congratulations to you!

Now is the time to try and relax a bit if you can hon. Peace and calm is the best thing for baby I wouldn't worry too much about measuring a little behind at this point either. You don't know exactly when your little bubba implanted, so it's all just a bit of a guess at this stage.

I reckon at your next scan he will have caught up

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Summer  (07-03-2016),winsor  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks, I'm feeling lots better knowing it's actually there. I'm not going to google anymore - that just stresses me out. will enjoy each day at a time.
    I removed the pic as it had my name etc

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-03-2016),Blossom74  (07-03-2016),Precious40  (08-03-2016),Summer  (07-03-2016),Tahli  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yay @winsor!! I just looked at the clock and jumped on line to see how you were doing.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post: