Closed Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    ...to all the iVf clinics out there robbing poor people blind!!!!

holy cr.a.p @Bongley Im so glad you have spelt it all out for me as I too would have been sweating my way through the bills and telling myself it wasn't that bad!!
    Jeezuz, what gets me is WTF does private health insurance actually cover in all this? We have the highest cover and it pays for sweet F.A. when it comes to IVF. Worlds biggest rort...along with printer ink.

thats a good wake up call as we just do not have that money to spend and FFS Im a freelancer with a 2 day a week pt job. You've got me thinking that the 4 months isn't a big deal, it'd be awesome if we could find a donor NOW and get the ball rolling and then it'd only be a small wait after our cycle in April. But these things don't happen like that do they. I cant believe even counselling is extra. mutha fruckers!! God, the drs at RPA must feel better about themselves because they also work in a public system thats awesome where people pay so little compared with the big bast.a.rd clinics. No wonder all these people are so rich
    and to think at RPA a whole cycle is 1550 and once you've gone over the SN its like $250 oop AND using all the Genea science/Drs and where Dr D once told me that the scientists at RPA are more experienced than Genea! I too love the nurses, we have gotten to know them all by now and one of the scientists has the same birthday as DH - same year and all and we always have a laugh about that.

@BlondeinBrisvegas can you throw in a set of steak knives too??
    hope your Dp finds a place real quick so you can get your sanity back and start your new chapter. So glad to hear the lurgy has departed the house, enjoy the massage!!

Yep, the Clinics are filthy frucking rich because they know they can charge whatever the fruck they like and we either pay (especially if we're ineligible to go to a low cost Clinic) or go without our chance of having a family. That side of it needs more regulation IMO.

It's also no wonder so many people pi$$ off o/seas where it's cheaper and the Clinics are just as good and in some cases, even better than here in Aus!!!

I most certainly will enjoy it Luv!!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Bongley  (19-02-2016),Gagingi  (20-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),tuxcat  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello ladies. Well, what a fun few days I've had. My apologies for not hearing the unwrapping of the FRER packet the other day, but with my head down the damn toilet my hearing was not at it's best. That's right, I took up @BIB's offer of the Gastro Diet, and might I say what a fun time it's been

@Summer, your stick pic was quite the surprise, and I'm sorry version 2.0 was not as good as it's predecessor. I am hoping with afternoon urine you might get a better result. I was super happy to see your Family Report come back favorably for you too. I am not surprised it was a fair evaluation - these people do millions of reports and would be well used to seeing and hearing all kinds of stuff. They are quite good at sorting out the valuable information from the crap! Your report sounds similar to my DH's - his said something along the lines of DH and I presenting well and speaking in a calm, efficient manner, whilst his ex was described as "not coping, and at times irrational and hysterical." At the end of the day that has no bearing on the time that will be allocated by the court's though - it isn't about how his ex feels about it all, it's about what's best for DSS

@JulieMalooley and @Bongley - I can't believe you two are 24 and 12 weeks respectively. The time is flying by!

@Caesardust, I'm stoked that your FS is being so supportive. And the promise of lower fees must be an attractive prospect. You mentioned 450iui of meds is on offer. Will that be Gonal-F or something else? I have decided not to PGD test my final embies. My reasoning might sound mad but I would rather transfer those embies and let nature take it's course, as opposed to PGD'ing them with the potential that none will be fit for transfer. I know it would cost us money to put back embies which may have no hope, but I want to have one final try, if that makes sense.

@Gagingi, I'm so sorry that 5 of your 6 embies didn't make it hon. But I have great hopes for that last little battler in the freezer. Maybe he is the lucky one. I will have everything crossed for you when it comes time to transfer.

@Infinity, I was so happy to read that your appointment with Wazza went so well, and that it seems to have inspired you to move forward with your journey. From memory 5-10% was the rate I was given too, but I always looked at it as "If someone told me I had a 5-10% chance of stepping in front of a bus tomorrow, it would be enough of a concern to make me look both ways when crossing the road!" If I had the money, I'd go with DE for a 60% success rate no questions asked. That's me though - it's an entirely personal decision and you have to do what's right for you.

AFM, no AF yet, so she better get a wriggle on. She has to come by Sunday evening for me to be able to start injecting.

Also, a question for the group re Gonal-F doses. I've heard of some people being offered 400iu and their FS won't go any higher. Then others seem to get 600iu. Any ideas on why FS's are hesitant to prescribe the higher doses? I am going to check my supplies and bump my dosage from 400iu to 450iu for my next attempt, but just curious....

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Bongley  (19-02-2016),Caesardust  (19-02-2016),Gagingi  (20-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli, thank you once again for alerting me to Breaking BH News! It is very much appreciated. How are you feeling now hon? I hope those meds have settled down now.

@Precious40, how are you doing love?

@BIB, I'm stoked that you and your LO are both feeling a bit better. What a bl00dy debacle! Pity DH is being difficult - God knows they can push our buttons under normal circumstances, but throw in a bout of gastro and a separation and all hell can break loose! Stay strong hon

Hello to everyone else. And my apologies if I've missed anyone's news - not quite fully recovered yet

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Gagingi  (20-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),Tahli  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hope you're feeling better soon Blossom. and glad you're on the mend too BiB

(busy work day today so distracted/vague - I can't remember who I've replied to)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Gagingi  (20-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blossom74 sorry you've been sick too! hopefully its all gone now..
    My FS has said and actually others also have said this that anything over about 300 does supposedly nothing and just makes the drug companies richer. I had that talk yesterday and butted in and said yes but look at my cycles on lower doses (Im usually on 375 but have been on 225/300/350 and elonva and those numbers gave me piddly numbers. In saying that though, the 375 has been crap a few times too so it might also be the cycle randomness that happens too. I think they used to give huge doses in the early days and it might look like its doing something until you compare the amount of actual embryos at day 5 and I think for the most part it doesn't change a whole lot there. I think large doses can be detrimental to egg quality. They have reduced doses for the most part overall and even though you will still get some people doing 600 its probably quite rare. Ive had 6 eggs on 375 and Ive also had 2 eggs on it so its, again, not an exact science. I just conned my FS into giving me 400 for our last go..I have 750 of gonal-f in the fridge too so i may top it up, but i might not either. it will be interesting to see if it seems to make things better - going up 25 in the past from 350 seemed to have made a difference.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS would not go over 300 as he said the evidence was that while it produced more eggs the quality went down. I don't necessarily agree with that though. Having read lots of posts on IVF it seems to me that different women respond, well differently. Sometimes that means higher doses are better. Sometimes lower.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Gagingi  (20-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I guess I'm a case in point.

200 Gonal-F = 2 follies too small to collect

400 Gonal F = 3 good sized follies collected - 2 of which fertilised.

Am thinking 450 might not make much of a difference compared with 400, but maybe it might give me the edge to get one or two more?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Precious40  (19-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),tuxcat  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Blossom74 My condolences Luv & big (((hugs)))

I really hope it doesn't stick around for long & you're feeling better soon. It's a truly awful frucking virus!!😦xo

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Precious40  (19-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),tuxcat  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just out of interest has anyone else (for those who have done a fair few cycles) noticed a pattern with their cycles? For e.g. my 2 best cycles with pretty equal numbers of follies/eggs that yielded 2 blasts each go were both mid year - my BFP cycle was in July 13 and the next year in Aug I had an almost identical cycle except that only 2 of the eggs were mature but they both went on to day 5. Ive often wondered why that is, if its because Ive spent the year being super healthy and doing ivf cycles or could it be a cumulation of the drugs.. And our start of the year ones have always been the worst, 2 diabolical ones after some dumb lifestyle choices on our part. It was however my 40th, thats my excuse!!

any theories??
    @Blossom74 it may make a difference, only one way to find out I guess.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Precious40  (19-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

A big hello to everyone... I have logged in after weeks and in no way could I keep up with all th posts, I can see winsor has received a recent bfp. Congrats Hun

Charlie74.. We asked Wazza abt cyclying with him while being in Mel. He said we don't need to fly up to Brissy for every scan. We can get it done at melcourne IVF as its their partner clinic. And then for epu u will need to go there.

Blossom 74 and BIB I have learnt that both of you have been very sick. Wishing you a very speedy recovery xoxo

Gagingi .. Sorry Hun u didn't get the results you wanted and I know it's pretty hard to accept things but please don't lose total hope from the embryos u have...

nothing going on for us atm. Taking a break and recovering from the whole IVF thing. Will try to check and post whenever I can... Love u all xoxo

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-02-2016),Blossom74  (19-02-2016),Gagingi  (20-02-2016),Precious40  (19-02-2016),Summer  (19-02-2016),winsor  (19-02-2016)