+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing post nasal drip is the pits! I used a steroid nasal spray (flixonase - fluticasone) which my book said is safe in pregnancy if used correctly (I.e spray it up your nose duh). This helped immensely. Can you go ask for that specifically & see what they say?
    It takes about a week of continuous use to work, but once it kicks in so much relief!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    You poor thing post nasal drip is the pits! I used a steroid nasal spray (flixonase - fluticasone) which my book said is safe in pregnancy if used correctly (I.e spray it up your nose duh). This helped immensely. Can you go ask for that specifically & see what they say?
    It takes about a week of continuous use to work, but once it kicks in so much relief!
    Was it prescription or just at the pharmacy, I'll have a look into it thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's OTC here in Australia (pharmacist only medicine).
    At the very least they should be able to give you some oxymetazoline decongestant spray to use for a few days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm scared to think how else it could be used...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vicks on your feet and socks on when you go to bed can help.

My FIL swears by chocolate - suck on a piece of chocolate and it stops the tickle, not sure if that's an excuse just to eat chocolate or what, haven't tested that theory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I'm scared to think how else it could be used...
    You would be surprised! I once had an elderly lady come in to complain her nitroglycerin spray wasn't working (it's an oral spray), had me freaking out about to call an ambulance when she showed me how she used it - turns out she was squirting it up her nose!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Vicks on your feet and socks on when you go to bed can help.

My FIL swears by chocolate - suck on a piece of chocolate and it stops the tickle, not sure if that's an excuse just to eat chocolate or what, haven't tested that theory.
    I think the Chocolate is for the caffeine, I know they say for asthma that caffeine can help open the airway so it probably does work in some way. But I've been eating a lot of chocolate...😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    You would be surprised!
    This just reminds me of "analgesic, not ANALgesic, the pills go in your mouth"

I have much sympathy HGL, I'm suffering from the exact same thing right now and would be going crazy without pholcodine. There was a children's cough medicine I used a while back when breastfeeding overnight, the active ingredients were just honey and eucalyptus. Which wasn't great, but it was something. Euky Bear brand I think, there might be a UK equivalent?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I think the Chocolate is for the caffeine, I know they say for asthma that caffeine can help open the airway so it probably does work in some way. But I've been eating a lot of chocolate...������
    I think if you were slowly sucking it and swallowing, it might also help coat the top of your throat and help suppress the tickly feeling, like honey does.
    I think it's worth trying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What the active ingredient in the spray you've recommended rosey?