+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,111
    Thanks
    2,897
    Thanked
    3,329
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh OP my DD2 was like that. Between 12-4 she would wake for a couple of hours at that age. It probably lasted 2 months? Then she went back to waking 3-6 times a night.

    I know it's not what you want to hear. But some kids are just bad sleepers. I tried everything bar sleep school. Nothing worked. We have just started having random sleep throughs at 2.5.

    I changed naps, cut out certain foods, filling her up, cutting back food, warmer, colder... It made no difference. It did give me hope but that's all it did.

    From a physical point of view I found the long wake ups the worst (excluding the hell that came before that when she would wake every hour and take 45mins to settle). I don't know, maybe I've just gotten used to getting up 5 times a night? Plus she's in a big girls bed now so I just lie next to her and drift in and out while she falls back asleep which usually only takes ten mins now.

    One doctor suggested separation anxiety as the reason she's such a bad sleeper. Her grandparents are big parts of her life but come and go a lot. I don't know.

    My mum told me that she's just a cr@p sleeper and would outgrow it at 2.5. It would appear she was right.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

    BettyV  (17-02-2016),gingermillie  (17-02-2016)

  3. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,705
    Thanks
    9,557
    Thanked
    12,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Why won't she sleep?!

    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Decided to go with 1 tog as room is 24 if she has a big wake up I'll swap into 2.5 tog!
    If you have a thermostat controlled heater set it to 22. No change needed/bub hopefully won't wake from cold.

    I call it cheating - it's how I roll
    Last edited by VicPark; 17-02-2016 at 19:20.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (17-02-2016)

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,705
    Thanks
    9,557
    Thanked
    12,687
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    We did it for lunch and dinner at the suggestion of sleep school nurses - not for 2 weeks only a few days so far. I also make sure any solids are given at least an hour after a breastfeed
    Lunch and dinner sound good. Might need to try for a longer period though. You will know when it's the right time to swap solids/milk around for one of the meals.

  6. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    2,354
    Thanked
    1,871
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Oh OP my DD2 was like that. Between 12-4 she would wake for a couple of hours at that age. It probably lasted 2 months? Then she went back to waking 3-6 times a night.

    I know it's not what you want to hear. But some kids are just bad sleepers. I tried everything bar sleep school. Nothing worked. We have just started having random sleep throughs at 2.5.

    I changed naps, cut out certain foods, filling her up, cutting back food, warmer, colder... It made no difference. It did give me hope but that's all it did.

    From a physical point of view I found the long wake ups the worst (excluding the hell that came before that when she would wake every hour and take 45mins to settle). I don't know, maybe I've just gotten used to getting up 5 times a night? Plus she's in a big girls bed now so I just lie next to her and drift in and out while she falls back asleep which usually only takes ten mins now.

    One doctor suggested separation anxiety as the reason she's such a bad sleeper. Her grandparents are big parts of her life but come and go a lot. I don't know.

    My mum told me that she's just a cr@p sleeper and would outgrow it at 2.5. It would appear she was right.
    Yeah I have a feeling it's just the way she is. Poor little muffin. I have a bed in her room and I go and 'sleep' in there when she starts with the waking as its easier than going back and forth. Sometimes I'll leave the lamp on so she can see me. Have also pushed the cot next to my bed so we could hold hands one night
    I wish she'd just settle in bed with me as I'd just cosleep from now on but she just kicks me constantly, hits me and tosses and turns and with my pelvis/back problems I wake up and can't walk from being contorted around her so it's no good for either of us sadly 😔

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (17-02-2016)

  8. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanks
    5,192
    Thanked
    3,894
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Op said she breastfeeds and baby doesn't take a bottle, so no way of knowing the volume she's getting. My DS was a super efficient feeder from a few weeks old, rarely took longer than 5 mins on either boob so to me, I wouldn't feel confident lessening his time on the breast. But I also feel breastmilk is far more important that him swallowing some baby cereal so was cautious about wasting his nutrients.
    Yep. My baby feeds an avg 2-5min per side per feed. At 8.4kg for a 4mth old she is a super feeder. Especially not in these hot days where bm is both food and liquid.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (17-02-2016),gingermillie  (17-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (17-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-02-2016)

  10. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanks
    5,192
    Thanked
    3,894
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Yeah I have a feeling it's just the way she is. Poor little muffin. I have a bed in her room and I go and 'sleep' in there when she starts with the waking as its easier than going back and forth. Sometimes I'll leave the lamp on so she can see me. Have also pushed the cot next to my bed so we could hold hands one night
    I wish she'd just settle in bed with me as I'd just cosleep from now on but she just kicks me constantly, hits me and tosses and turns and with my pelvis/back problems I wake up and can't walk from being contorted around her so it's no good for either of us sadly 😔
    Hugs. It is rough when you are desperate for a decent nights sleep. Some kids are just awful sleepers. And they become crap adult sleepers too. I know I'm married to one. Dispatched him to the spare room last night cos his tossing and turning was driving me mental. He was bloody awful as a kid. Dropped his naps at 14mths old. His poor mum.

    Thankfully my kids resemble me in the sleeping department. They all pass out once I'm near them. I must bore them to tears. Hahaha.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (17-02-2016)

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,111
    Thanks
    2,897
    Thanked
    3,329
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Yeah I have a feeling it's just the way she is. Poor little muffin. I have a bed in her room and I go and 'sleep' in there when she starts with the waking as its easier than going back and forth. Sometimes I'll leave the lamp on so she can see me. Have also pushed the cot next to my bed so we could hold hands one night
    I wish she'd just settle in bed with me as I'd just cosleep from now on but she just kicks me constantly, hits me and tosses and turns and with my pelvis/back problems I wake up and can't walk from being contorted around her so it's no good for either of us sadly 😔
    At about 12m my DD became an ok cosleeper. Not sure if it was age or she just got used to it? I have a King bed though and no partner so I put pillows down the middle. She now just mounts them though and joins me on my side 😄

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (17-02-2016)

  14. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,111
    Thanks
    2,897
    Thanked
    3,329
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also if it helps my Bub was formula fed. It didn't help.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (17-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-02-2016)

  16. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    2,354
    Thanked
    1,871
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    At about 12m my DD became an ok cosleeper. Not sure if it was age or she just got used to it? I have a King bed though and no partner so I put pillows down the middle. She now just mounts them though and joins me on my side 😄
    We have a king bed in our room, a queen in the spare room (currently her room) that I sleep in and a king single in her nursery that I was sleeping in over xmas when we needed to move her cot out of the spare room (will eventually be her big girl bed). We have lots of bed options 😂
    I brought her into bed with me around 3am and she just started squealing in my ear at the top of her lungs as I tried to cuddle her and calm her so I put her back in her cot lol.
    Hoping she eventually gets used to sleeping with me! She does it occasionally when I feed her lying down in bed and it's the sweetest thing ever.

  17. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    2,354
    Thanked
    1,871
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Hugs. It is rough when you are desperate for a decent nights sleep. Some kids are just awful sleepers. And they become crap adult sleepers too. I know I'm married to one. Dispatched him to the spare room last night cos his tossing and turning was driving me mental. He was bloody awful as a kid. Dropped his naps at 14mths old. His poor mum.

    Thankfully my kids resemble me in the sleeping department. They all pass out once I'm near them. I must bore them to tears. Hahaha.
    DH and I are both light sleepers. And of course so is she! But DH tosses and turns and is an early bird. I would be forever shouting at him to stop stuffing around in bed or he'd go to the spare room.
    I sleep like a log and I'm a sleep monster. I can (well before DD) easily devour 10 hours a night and love nothing more than just lolling around in bed in the morning. Hoping she'll eventually turn into a sleepy head like me!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Save our sleep-toddler sleep
    By loulou21 in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 06:13
  2. For those who have had to put a dog to sleep
    By CanadianKangaroo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 14:10
  3. Day sleep for 2yr old
    By Liz08 in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-06-2015, 13:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!