+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane Maternity Hospital and Obstetrician

Hi ladies,

I've recently moved to the Bayside area from interstate and have just found out that I'm pregnant! Haven't yet made it to the gp, but have an appointment to organise a referral to an obstetrician.

So, I have no idea which hospital to go to, I think Mater, Redlands and Greenslopes are all much the same distance and time from where I live.

I'm after recommendations for both hospitals and obstetricians. I'd prefer private hospital and and Obstetrician who favours low intervention. My first was born interstate and was uncomplicated, hoping for the same this time around, but want someone who is very capable and calm if it does go pear-shaped.

Would love to hear your experiences and recommendations, ladies! Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm currently seeing Dr Mckenzie at Greenslopes. So far I've been very happy with her and the hospital; they've exceeded my expectations. I haven't given birth yet but at this point I'd definitely recommend Greenslopes.

I know many people who have gone through Mater Private as well and they've all been really happy there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Antnbee  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There is also a Mater Private at Redlands (right next to the public hospital) and there is a team of obstetricians who work there. Maybe have a look into there too. The Mater Private at Redlands often scores amazingly high on patient satisfaction surveys and is one of the top private hospitals in the state. Their birth suites are really nice too and it's much quieter than some of the other busier hospitals.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Antnbee  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mater mothers south Brisbane is a tertiary hospital with an scu/nicu and is bloody fantastic. I've had all three of my girls there. The midwives are angels and the services just fabulous.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Antnbee  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my 2 at Greenslopes, so I'm bias. All I can say is book asap ( you can book then get referral from gp, as long as you have it before 1st appointment), hey even book a dr at each hospital then decide later. Greenslopes oby book out very quick ( 5-7 week mark) not sure about others.

I had Br@d @rmstrong he's amazing

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Antnbee  (18-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, so quickly? I had no idea you have to get in so early! I'll have to start calling then! Great idea about booking into all of them, I might do that whilst I'm trying to work out where to go. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can highly recommend dr Brad Robinson at greenslopes. Excellent hospital