+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    sunshine coast qld
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi freyamum, I think you are becoming more aware of your own thoughts, and your own expectations are part of your problem. Honestly, there are very few women who have immaculate houses and organised kids, 100% of the time. When my children were small, I had very easy housework roster for myself. it was basically, if I felt like doing it I did it. If something needed to be done, like washing and meals cooked, that would often be the only thing that got done. I would often vacuum before going to bed, I would sometimes sort out a huge cupboard at night-time, after everyone was in bed. again that was only if I felt like doing it. If you can find some time for yourself, and not stress about every chore, your days will be more relaxed. hugs, marie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (18-02-2016)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I see. I am quite a disorganized and messy person so I can't really offer much help there.
    For me, I am being more firm with the kids in terms of having them tidy up whatever is left on the floor etc before starting something new. I also try to have some sort of storage system (am using cube bookshelves and plastic tubs) and trying to organise things in a way that it is easy for the kids to find and pack away.
    Supergranny has given really great advice. Don't be too hard on yourself. Don't feel guilty that you take some time out for yourself for coffee/Internet everyone needs a break. In paid work we get to go on lunch breaks, we get to have a chat to our colleagues, some tasks can be left for another day. Looking after kids and housework is an endless and often thankless task.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (18-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-02-2016)