+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/ICSI support

Finding the process challenging and would be nice to have some support from ladies going through this at the moment.

i'm 32, partner 36. Ttc for 3 years, 2 m/c, last one being 2 years ago, nothing has happened since then I do have pco and partner has borderline male factors.

Started first ivf/ICSI cycle in Jan but was cancelled after 9 days of stimmimg. Started on new meds 4 days ago (menopur), ultrasound on Friday.

Hope to hear from some of you soon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raralou For This Useful Post:

JoWags  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck I did I forget for endo and got preggers first go, so it happens I was 35.
    Icsi should take care of him, so it's just a matter of picking which of the tonnes of eggs they'll get from u is the lucky one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lisaau77, I'm trying to stay positive but realistic about the whole thing. Nice to hear a 'it worked' story!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi DH & I are both 31 and just started on our first round of IVF/ICSI.

We are aiming for an egg pick up of March10th.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi maybebabyivf, have you started your meds/shots yet?

i'm having ultrasound and blood test on Friday so keeping my fingers crossed. Last time I got cancelled after the second ultrasound so I'm hoping I get to egg collection this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Raralou

I've started my synarel nasal spray and stop the pill tomorrow so should get a somewhat period over the weekend. Then I'll go for my blood test to make sure my hormones have been wiped out and all going well I'll start my puregon shots Saturday next week (27th)

Good luck with your scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going maybebabyivf?
    I'm another ultrasound tomorrow morning, follicles were a bit on the small side on Friday, hoping for some growth over the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going good Hun. Been really tired not sure if it's related to the synarel or not. Have my BT this week to see if it's a goer to start stimming :-)

Good luck with your scan will cross everything for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully the Menopur will work better for your body @Raralou. I was given Menopur for my 2nd cycle with our new clinic and my body responded a lot better to that drug.

We first did IVF with ICSI back in 2008 (unsuccessfully) & things have changed a lot since then. The drugs are better, the meds cycles are shorter. And there seems to be a lot more support in the community for IVF patients.

Good luck! Hope you get good results at your next scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Raralou View Post
    Finding the process challenging and would be nice to have some support from ladies going through this at the moment.

i'm 32, partner 36. Ttc for 3 years, 2 m/c, last one being 2 years ago, nothing has happened since then I do have pco and partner has borderline male factors.

Started first ivf/ICSI cycle in Jan but was cancelled after 9 days of stimmimg. Started on new meds 4 days ago (menopur), ultrasound on Friday.

Hope to hear from some of you soon
    I would be interested in how you go with menopur - we are using it next cycle.

Little bit about me - me and my DH are 34 we have been TTC for 10, the last 6 with ivf/ICSI and now we need both donor eggs and sperm. The sperm is good to go thanks to a BIL, and our eggs are coming from my bff. We have had two cycles cancelled due to my bff's lack of response to fsh, so my fs suggested menopur. Hopefully March cycle is our time.

It's heartbreaking to have a cycle cancelled so I'm hoping that you are successful with the new meds. Keep us updated. x