+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I know what it is. Why would they care if she has resting b/tch face?
    Never heard of it before ... Ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one. DP asks why I am p!ssed off all the time while watching tv.

At the end of the day OP, most of us have been teased about our weight here. I was as a kid, but you are an adult now. Just ignore them. I am not meaning to sound insensitive but they are kids. You have the power to speak up, or ignore them. You aren't a powerless little girl anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Never heard of it before ... Ever
    Lol...A GF of mine has a resting B Face...she knows it and owns it. She has said in the past that people often feel she us a ***** without having even met her! She's totally lovely but does always look a bit cross or irritated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Once kids get to a certain age I have no qualms in pulling them up for misbehaviour...for example if we are at the school playground after school and kids are throwing sand, or using bad language, or picking on some kids I will say something...usually along the the lines of "hey, cut it out"..or give them the teacher stare.
    If the behaviour towards you continues or worsens and you categorically know you are not misinterpreting, I would ask them if they had something they wanted to say to you as they keep looking at you, in a pleasant voice of course. Look them in the eye. They will no doubt stutter and mumble and be on their way. Bullies of all ages don't like to be challenged , and they need to know it won't be tolerated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids aren't in school (hence my username) so I don't need to do school drop offs/pick ups thank God, but if that was happening to me I would be having a stern word to the kids. If nothing changed I would be speaking to the principal or the child(ren)s parents.
    Good luck..

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeschooling4 View Post
    My kids aren't in school (hence my username) so I don't need to do school drop offs/pick ups thank God, but if that was happening to me I would be having a stern word to the kids. If nothing changed I would be speaking to the principal or the child(ren)s parents.
    Good luck..
    I couldn't disagree with this more. Having a stern words to a couple of young kids when you have no relationship with them based on a perception (which may be correct but also may not be) could result in more conflict and be distressing for them and have repercussions for you.

Let's say they are doing this - they might not understand how this is making you feel and it is a learning experience for them. Let's say they aren't doing this - then someone they don't know is being randomly aggressive to them at a school which is supposed to be a safe place to them.

OP I too suffer from social anxiety. I have b!tchy resting face as well! I am a teacher and have two students in particular that make little comments and laugh sometimes while I am talking. Now I know them well enough to know that they probably aren't directing it at me, but I also know them well enough that I have sat them down and told them 'when you laugh while I'm talking I feel like you are laughing at me and it makes me feel uncomfortable.'

I'm not suggesting you do that, of course. If I were in your position, the next time I felt this way I'd plaster a smile on my face and say a big friendly hello to them. If they then react the same way and I felt confident that they were in fact laughing/talking about me then I would talk to my son's teacher and say there are a couple of kids who are making me feel x way in the school yard and suggest a general talk at assembly or something about kindness and respect.

Your friendliness toward them would probably help them realise that you are a real human being and actually a nice one.

I do know and understand the discomfort that you're feeling and it's awful.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2016),Elijahs Mum  (18-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (18-02-2016),Marchbundle  (18-02-2016),Purple Poppy  (18-02-2016),smallpotatoes  (18-02-2016),VicPark  (18-02-2016),Wise Enough  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with VP and Hollywood. Don't stare at them, it's making them react.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How bout saying 'hey kids... How was school today!?'

Break the ice... You may have found some little mates you could say g'day to everyday as you wait for your DS...or they will be too shy and embarrassed that you wanted to strike conversation with them, that they'll probably never look your way again!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I'm going to agree with vicpark here. My mum had major anxiety and is also very overweight and reckons everyone is pointing and laughing at her. All the time. I've been around when this has happened and 99% of the time it happens to be the people laughing at her or pointing at her was usually just people laughing and happen to catch her gaze or pointing at something else behind her.
    I have a friend who does this as well. Every time we go out, she will say "OMG did you see the filthy/laugh/smirk/stare that that woman just did to me, wtf is her problem?". I am there to witness it, and nothing ever has actually happened, from what I see. She was also incessantly bullied as a child, so I wonder if there is some kind of paranoia there.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (18-02-2016),VicPark  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it's taking me a while to come back to this thread because I was so embarassed by posting such a thing...letting a few children make me feel this way. Their behaviour didn't continue past those few days i mentioned above. They got bored of me and no longer react when we walk past. Their mother and I seem to sync school drop off...and her son is in my sons's class. So yeah its no longer an issue.

But thank you all for your responses and understanding and for not making fun of the situation.
    Last edited by ProudMumma34; 12-03-2016 at 07:56.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-03-2016),Foxy  (11-03-2016),Hollywood  (11-03-2016),sunnyflower  (11-03-2016),Wise Enough  (11-03-2016)