+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, it's probably just because you are a parent and they are trying to impress each other. Who can be the most bold and get away with it. If you can figure out what grade they are in, just go speak to a year level teacher and say you've seen some students displaying disrespectful behaviour after school towards parents and perhaps they need to be reminded that in school uniform leaving school they still need to conduct themselves in a responsible manner. It might be enough to deter them. If its really causing you distress I agree with a PP, change where you do pick up and avoid them and their path completely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know you so don't take this the wrong way. Is it possible you have Resting ***** Face?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    So they are looking at you looking at them? And then when the gaze-off becomes too much you get anxious and the kids blow a Raspberry?

I don't meant to be condescending - I can see your pain is real. It's just from my perspective the evidence isn't overwhelming. The chance for misinterpretation is too high comfort.

Can you trial not looking at the kids? Just fluff around on your phone like I do all the time?
    I tend to agree with this. When I was a kid I remember having stare-offs with kids in other cars as I sat in the back seat of our car. I'd think "Why are they staring at me? Stop staring at me!" But the stupid thing was that I only knew they were staring at me because I was staring at them!! It was so silly!

Like others have said, can you just try to look somewhere else and ignore them? Kids are very prone to staring (I especially notice it if I'm out with my DD who is bald from chemo, if she goes sans hat). Just don't look at them.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

bubbles21  (17-02-2016),VicPark  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I don't know you so don't take this the wrong way. Is it possible you have Resting ***** Face?
    Huh?

Anyway, I've been a victim of bullying... I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I get it. I still get stared at and openly laughed at sometimes. It doesn't bother me anymore but it used to.

The best thing to do is ignore them. I wouldn't say anything. If you say something to the parents or the school, those kids could they then turn their attention to your son.

Bullies are brutal, no point engaging them, it usually gives them more ammo.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    So they are looking at you looking at them? And then when the gaze-off becomes too much you get anxious and the kids blow a Raspberry?

I don't meant to be condescending - I can see your pain is real. It's just from my perspective the evidence isn't overwhelming. The chance for misinterpretation is too high comfort.

Can you trial not looking at the kids? Just fluff around on your phone like I do all the time?
    I'm going to agree with vicpark here. My mum had major anxiety and is also very overweight and reckons everyone is pointing and laughing at her. All the time. I've been around when this has happened and 99% of the time it happens to be the people laughing at her or pointing at her was usually just people laughing and happen to catch her gaze or pointing at something else behind her.

With these kids you could have caught their gaze one day so they remember you. If you let them see it getting to you they will keep doing it. Ignore it and they will forget about you.

Thanks
    Reviews

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what it is. Why would they care if she has resting b/tch face?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I know what it is. Why would they care if she has resting b/tch face?
    Sometimes people take that face as pulling some kind of 'I am p!ssed at you' face so in this instance the kid/s may react by doing something like a raspberry as they would be reacting to the face IYKWIM?

To the OP - I get what you are feeling. I was bullied for years. About being weird/awkward and I don't know what else.

I would not say anything to them. You do not know what they are saying or if it at/about you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if I have resting b face... Hmmm

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post: