+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    OP I'm 44 (turn 45 in May) and have a 2 and a half year old. All I'll say is it's exhausting. Don't underestimate that part of it. I am quite fit and healthy but still find when I get sick I seem to take forever to get well again. I also just find everything takes me a bit longer (like getting up off the floor 😂).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (16-02-2016),Foxy  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should go for it! Apparently before contraception it was very common for women to have their last child well into their 40s. My nanna had my mum at 44 in 1949 and they were so close. Mum was also very close to her 2 sisters who were 12 & 14 years older than her.

I would totally have another bub now even though I'm turning 44 soon. Unfortunately my hubby doesn't want another

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dido For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Hi, I am seriously contemplating a third child but I need to make this decision fairly quickly as I am 41 turning 42 later this year.

I have an 11 year old and and 8 year old and I have never felt "done".

I am in reasonably good shape, no known health problems, normal periods while taking the pill.

Crazy but I'm worried this new child would resent having an 'old' mum. I think I look ok for my age, I'm active and I still feel 31!

I would love to hear from anyone who has had a baby 40+ especially a second or third. Or anyone who has an 'older' mum.

Also welcome are any opinions telling me I'm not mad 😬
    I say go for it, if your heart directs you.

Just remember that one doesn't have "normal periods" whilst on the Pill. They are actually "withdrawal bleeds", due to the cessation of taking progesterone whilst taking the sugar pills. The telling sign will be after you stop the Pill, have a withdrawal bleed, and then...how quickly truly "normal" periods return. This can be immediately for some women, and take a few months for others.

"Normal", 28-day-ish periods usually indicate you are having "ovulatory cycles" (so you are releasing an egg about Day 14). On the Pill you have "an-ovulatory cycles" (so no egg released, which is the whole point of contraception).

So, if you have decided to go for it, stop the Pill, have your bleed, then wait for your "period" to return. If you had regular periods before you went on the Pill, this is usually a good prediction that your periods will return quickly. Not always, but usually.

Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @J37 I had actually forgotten about all that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had identical twins at 40. They are 2 1/2 now. I had a really great pregnancy and worked full time right up until they were born. I don't feel that i have any less energy than younger mums, but i make sure i get time to rest in the evenings by having a 7pm bedtime for the girls. I'm now a single mum with 24/7 care and I'm doing fine energy wise. When I'm at activities with the kids I'd say I'm one of the most involved active mums there and I'm far from ever being a fitness fanatic so didn't come into it with particularly great energy. I think I'm particularly calm about the challenges of parenting due to my age. I think when i was younger i may have struggled more with the behaviour etc of toddlers where age has taught me to just to be consistent and calm and not stress too much. Good luck if you go for it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

Foxy  (17-02-2016)