+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for all of your responses ladies, it really makes me feel normal! I think i am just going to have to start putting my foot down and stop worrying about everyone else for a change!
    You ladies truly are the best 😊

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (15-02-2016),turquoisecoast  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe we should all start our own introverts group 😊😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm an extrovert but even I hate the effort involved in catching up with people, especially while pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLadyBugg View Post
    Jus wondering if i am being a hormonal cow or if anyone else ever feels the same.

I am quite an introvert, i enjoy my own company and don't need to be around people all the time to be happy. Only exception there is my hubby who I could be around 24/7 and not get sick of him.

We are expecting our first child together and lately i have been feeling guilty if i don't see family or friends as often as i think they expect.

All i have ever wanted out of life is my own little family and doing our own thing, i know that sounds incredibly selfish and in no way would i ever exclude any family members from being a part of a child's life, but lately i am feeling like i am constantly pulled iv every direction to see people and if i don't, i feel bad.

How do other people manage fitting in to see everyone with their kids and still get plenty of time to themselves (Me, DH & bub)?
    This is 100% me. I'm an introvert. Love my own company and doing my own thing. DH is my best buddy and the only person I don't get sick of ever. In saying that I still get that lovely calmness and sense of peace when he's off doing his own thing and I'm by myself.
    We have a 7 month old DD and I am really struggling with fitting everyone/everything in and DH is quite protective of our down time as he doesn't get to see a huge amount of DD due to work so he sees that as his time with her and doesn't want to share her!
    I currently have about half a dozen people wanting to catch up with DD and I during the week sometime soon. Between childcare practice sessions each Tuesday and Friday (going back to work this week 1.5 days), gymbaroo class on Monday, swimming on Saturday then fitting in things like dr and physio for me at the moment and giving her decent opportunities for naps at home and practicing with her solids eating I can fit 1-2 people in for catch ups each week. My parents want to see DD 1-2 times a week - always with me taking her to them so that's an added expectation. I also need to fit in running errands like grocery shopping and heaven forbid just chill out cos yanno having a baby is pretty freaking tiring. 💤💤💤
    I do just do my own thing when I want but feel guilty that I haven't caught up with certain people. I find it hard to fit it all in I can't see it getting easier. I'm also the kind of person who needs time just at home, quiet time with no jobs or plans to chill out and recharge. It's absolutely essential that I get that at least once a week a few hours or I feel a bit chaotic and overwhelmed. Or overstimulated in baby-speak 😀
    It's good that you recognize it MrsLadyBugg and can think about how to manage your time and everyone's expectations and your needs.