+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't had more than 3 hours in a stretch in a couple of weeks. Struggling. Keep waiting for it to pass 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Normally around 8, but that is going to change very soon when we have a newborn. We are early to bed and early to rise 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm a night owl so I have a continual argument every night around 9:30/10 of

Option 1: do I stay up to get some more alone time / with DH time to do what ever I please as the kids are soundly asleep or

Option 2: GO TO BED my head and body yell at me as I still need 8-10 to be on my game, or 7-8 to cope. Anything less and I'm a grumpy, non-patient yelly mess.

A bad night has both kids up numerous times and I end up with 6-7 hours = not good for anyone.

A good night I'll go to bed at 10:30 and wake up at 7 so 8.5 hours, but those nights are few and far between.

I also have the same argument when I go to bed: when do I set my alarm? 6/6:30am to fit in exercise and be productive in the morning, or SLEEP IN until 7 and get closer to my 'required' sleep per night but end up looking shabby and rushing around to get the kids ready?

So I feel you OP! Sleep or being productive..... I ask myself the same every night (says she at 10:32 and still arguing with myself about whether I go to bed now or enjoy the serenity of no kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night I only had 5 and was awake 3 times and had heaps of restless moments ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455537792.491277.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455537792.491277.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    6 to 8hrs is enough for me and is often what I get. Ds3 has not been a good teether so it's been a bit hit and miss lately with broken sleep which I'm not goid with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DH is away I usually can't sleep, so around 5...6 if my girls 'sleep in'. When DH is home I get a glorious 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've suffered with insomnia on and off throughout my life, but more on then off unfortunately.

I am so exhausted most days that I fall asleep watching tv on the couch at night and then drag myself to bed only to be wide awake again, very annoying. I am also a light sleeper, so wake all through the night anyway.

In answer to the OP though, about 5 or 6 hours a night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually 9 or 10 hours
    Bed by 11 (though I still watch a bit of TV or go on the net for an hour) then up by 9...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to get at least 7 hours a night since it became apparent that lack of sleep might be a migraine trigger for me. It *appears* from history that 6 hours or less can result in a migraine especially if it's been an ongoing thing. For my mental well being and to feel rested 8+ hours is preferable when possible. Luckily my kids seem to rise around 7:30 *touch wood* and we live extremely close to school.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default how many hours sleep do you get?

It would be no more than 6. Usually less. Would prefer more as I am always tired but I'm not sure how I would cope with more, as I have been this way a long time.

For the better part of last year, my daughter was having sleep problems and up until she had her insomnia confirmed at the doctors and given medication for it (because she passed out from sheer exhaustion). She was sleeping in roughly 2x 1.5 hour blocks per night (3-4:30 then 5:30-7) and I was up when she was up, so the current 5ish hours I get now seems like a luxury.

ETA: Apart from my second pregnancy in which I had hyperemesis and slept a lot, I can't remember the last time I went to bed when the clock was still on pm. Even as a child I remember laying awake when the whole house was silent.
    Last edited by Ahalfdozen; 17-02-2016 at 23:48.