+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so I just heard from my bff who is my egg donor. She lives in Sydney so she goes local for most of the scans and then flies up here (Brisbane) on day 10 for my fs to do final scans and trigger and EPU! She said the doc doing the scan couldn't find her ovaries! I'm so confused! I'm a bit of a fs snob. I like and trust my fs - how do they not find the ovaries. Anyway as long as her blood work is all good my fs can adjust her doses for the eggs. I'm just feeling so frustrated at not knowing all the information. I should get a call RE the result in the next couple of hours I just hate waiting. We have just been cancelled so many times this cycle that I'm feeling nervous and anxious! Ok nervous vent over! Hope everyone's day is good. Positive vibes to all. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    Just got the call. 5/6 were mature eggs. 3/5 fertilised normally overnight. Im looking at a 5 day transfer on Saturday. Now to have this out of my mind for the next 4 days and subconsciously pray to high heaven.
    Finger are crossed for you mate! How many are you transferring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016 #2

@JoWags sounds like it wasn't an internal scan. Ovaries don't go missing. Thats a poor effort to not find an ovary! She should be re-scaned internally or how else do you know if she is tracking well? A BT is half the information. I don't blame you for being frustrated.

Just the 1. I have an 8year old and I am 38. Twins is not in the plan I tell you! My DH will have a heart attack! Id have two!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

JoWags  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news @Billie2 !!!
    @JoWags WTH? Agree with Billie, they should be doing an internal scan, her ovaries can't just go missing! That sounds like very poor form on their behalf to just say they couldn't find them and leave it at that. No wonder you are frustrated!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

JoWags  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 - I agree with the scan. Why wouldn't you do an internal given what we are looking for! I'm annoyed because I know my fs would have done an internal found the ovaries and even named all the follicles he found. Anyway if her bloods are good she will still fly up here and fs will rescan her early Thursday morning! I just have to relax and let go of what I have no control over!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JoWags For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JoWags View Post
    @Billie2 - I agree with the scan. Why wouldn't you do an internal given what we are looking for! I'm annoyed because I know my fs would have done an internal found the ovaries and even named all the follicles he found. Anyway if her bloods are good she will still fly up here and fs will rescan her early Thursday morning! I just have to relax and let go of what I have no control over!
    You are completely right. Im an organised control freak and IVF has taught me to let go of the control, submit to everything Im asked, and dont sweat over the small things. You have to move on pretty quick and shake it off or the negative will stick with you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

JoWags  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JoWags
    Just the 1. I have an 8year old and I am 38. Twins is not in the plan I tell you! My DH will have a heart attack! Id have two!
    Hehe this made me giggle. We have forbidden our FS from even mentioning the "T" word again incase the universe hears him and thinks it's funny to give us twins (oh no, I said the worrrrd! Lol). People like to say 'helpful' things to me like 'but then you'd get it all out of the way in one go and have two babies!' Err, yeah, I wouldn't even choose to get two puppies at the same time because it's too much work haha. If it happens I'll accept it (eventually ) but I'm not tempting fate

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (16-02-2016),JoWags  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are completely right. Im an organised control freak and IVF has taught me to let go of the control, submit to everything Im asked, and dont sweat over the small things. You have to move on pretty quick and shake it off or the negative will stick with you.
    100%. I'm a bit of a control freak. I like to juggle my own balls and know the balls I'm juggling. For the first few years of this journey I really struggled with it. I noticed myself become a bit negative and bitter. I have adapted a lot better in the last four/five years. But I also think aging and maturity helped there. Now when I get not so positive news I have my cry or vent and then look at what my next step is and be positive about that! I just kinda wish I could fly my beautiful donor up for the whole cycle and have her see my fs. But as long as it the plan gets me some embies I don't really care how it happens 😜

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JoWags For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got the call. 5/6 were mature eggs. 3/5 fertilised normally overnight. Im looking at a 5 day transfer on Saturday. Now to have this out of my mind for the next 4 days and subconsciously pray to high heaven.
    Fantastic! Looks like we're cycle buddies - I'm waiting for the phone call today. Fingers crossed this is the cycle for both of us xo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Staaz For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we are out for this cycle. AF arrived today, as predicated!

Am hoping to hear back from my doctor soon to confirm if we are right to do another FET straight away. We have one little frostie in the freezer so fingers crossed that's the one we have been waiting for!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (16-02-2016),Kookii  (16-02-2016)