+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hubby has agreed to birthday parties each year until they start school, we don't do big elaborate parties though. We just had 4th birthday last weekend, we had at the park and had a cake and a few party foods for morning tea. We invite both families which already make it like 20 guests and since she was first grandchild on both sides we also invite her mothers group friends to give kids to play with and we also invite hubby's two close mates and my two good friends and their families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are doing a big party every 2nd year & a small party every other year.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op I find the constant parties a little annoying too. Ds is not school aged however we have constant invites to parties to the same kids every year. It's just too much - but with these friends and family we can't just not go. It costs me a lot in gifts and these children are all ages 3 and under so it's not like they remember these parties anyway. If anything they are overwhelmed and exhausted at this age.

We have decided that we are not going to have any parties for ds before school. He had a very small family only 1st birthday and that will be it until he turns 5. We will make birthdays special family days out instead of spending huge amounts on other people. Once he starts school we will probably do one every second year for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has only had 2 weeks of pre-primary and has already been to 3 parties (2 before term even started!) and has been invited to another one next week. So looks like it's going to be a busy year for parties. She does have 30 kids in her class. I would have no hesitation declining an invitation if we were busy but DD is always keen to go and play with her friends.

We personally aren't going to have a big party every year - we just can't afford it with 3 kids. I have a big one for 1st bday with family and family friends, and a big one for 5th bday with school friends but then probably only a big one every 3-5 years. Otherwise it's just a small afternoon tea with close family or movies with 2-3 school friends as they get older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had no idea that inviting someone to a party irritates people! You don't have to accept. When I send invites out, its a genuine invite. You are able to politely decline, no reason necessary.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (15-02-2016),Ashram  (15-02-2016),cheeeeesecake  (15-02-2016),dollypops  (15-02-2016),Elijahs Mum  (15-02-2016),mummybear13  (15-02-2016),PomPoms  (15-02-2016),Purple Poppy  (15-02-2016),smallpotatoes  (15-02-2016),Sonja  (15-02-2016),TeaAndToast  (15-02-2016),TheGooch  (15-02-2016),VicPark  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I don't think I'll be up to a 2nd birthday party for DD this year. Her new sibling will be a month old.
    I will be 36 weeks pregnant for DS's 3rd birthday.

I was going to have a party. Realised I am insane for doing so but we will have cake, some decorations and invite family only. Will be an afternoon tea so not much for me to prepare.

I think that having some form of celebration is important. Not necessarily a big party but some form of celebration/fuss while they are still young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a party every year growing up, &I expect I will do the same for my kids. It doesnt have to be elaborate or expensive, but a chance for her friends to come over & have a nice play. You can always decline an invite - some people love being out & celebrating, others dont - we all live different lifestyles &thats ok! As for gifts, I would hate if someone felt pressured to spend a lot on my child. You can get a nice sticker book or small gift for $5 or $10. Dont spend more than you can afford!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birthday parties for children ...... every year!

I love organising my kids parties, I put a lot of work into them, because I love the pure joy and excitement it brings them.
    I don't go all out money wise (I think!) but I got all out with the effort I put in.
    I hope people are not irritated by it!

You'll find though that as they get older, and form friendship groups, they won't be inviting as many kids.

With presents- I buy things when I find them at a good price, so I usually always have something ready to go.
    ETA- we don't expect anything gift wise, I have spoken to one of my friends and said I feel uncomfortable for her to buy such expensive things, so we set a limit. Otherwise my kids would be thrilled even with just a packet of lollies.
    Last edited by sparklebug; 15-02-2016 at 10:13.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has had a birthday party every year so far. Shes 4. The first two were more family, my friends and mothers group, the last 2 she invited 2 or 3 of her friends from daycare. So not massive parties but something all the same. Three of them were at our house and her third birthday I was 37 weeks pregnant ao had it at rhe park. Last year it was a joint party between both of my kids.

I love planning parties. I find it fun. Last year i wrote on the invite for people not to worr about presents. DD talks about her friends coming ti her party to play and eat cake. Never really talks avout presents

I see all the party invites as just big play dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Every 2nd year we'll do a party and a family birthday at a restaurant alternate years. I guess we just want DS and DD to know you can celebrate in different ways and it doesn't always have to be a party. Each to their own though.