+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for all the feedback. I'm looking at the bumpa mat as they are $150 so a bit cheaper than the comflor/bubba/dwinguler mats which are $200-300. The bumpa mats also have nicer designs for a living room (not just kids patterns). Big decision as its hard to know if it is worthwhile. I have one of those foam interlocking mats but I've heard they get grotty and hard to clean especially in the crevices so that might be better in a couple of years whereas the bumpa mat might suit now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just have a normal rug on our tiled floor but within a couple of days of starting to crawl DD would simply crawl off the rug. So it really didn't help with preventing her hitting her head on the tiles...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Costco (Canberra) have the standard size (1.9x1.3) Dwingular mats for $149.00 at the moment. They have 2 or 3 designs. Not sure if you're near a. Costco but might be worth checking one of you are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had our dwinglular mat for almost four years and it looks brand new. It's super comfy and was fabulous when we had had flooring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just wondering if you purchased the bumpa mat? Do you like it? Good quality? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. I'm looking at the bumpa mat as they are $150 so a bit cheaper than the comflor/bubba/dwinguler mats which are $200-300. The bumpa mats also have nicer designs for a living room (not just kids patterns). Big decision as its hard to know if it is worthwhile. I have one of those foam interlocking mats but I've heard they get grotty and hard to clean especially in the crevices so that might be better in a couple of years whereas the bumpa mat might suit now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bek87 View Post
    Hi just wondering if you purchased the bumpa mat? Do you like it? Good quality? Thanks
    No I didn't. I figured that as soon as she got mobile I couldn't contain her on it anyway and my cats scratched the foam alphabet mat I have so didn't want to risk them ruining such an expensive item. But I did see them in the flesh at sleep school and they are great quality, really nice!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Bek87  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think i commented on this originally.
    I have 2 bumpa mats. One in the lounge room and one in the play area.

My 'baby' is almost 3.5 and i still think the mats are awesome and we'll have them for quite a few more years

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Bek87  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok great. Good to hear, Thanks 😀

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone have a bumpa mat/bubba mat?

We have a Bumpa Mat, tbh I wouldn't buy it if I had my time over.
    You can't vacuum over it with a vac that has a motorized rotating head which I find really annoying. Having to change the head on my dyson just to vac the mat is annoying.
    We have to move it for the robovac as it too has a rotating head.

Edited to add - we also have no carpet in our house and had to bring out another rug to help my DS with his crawling. The Bumpa didn't help him at all but a normal carpet rug did
    Last edited by Alicia111; 22-08-2016 at 02:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, costly but my DS1 loves to play on it.