+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone have a bumpa mat/bubba mat?

Hi all, sleep school I went to last week had the bumpa mats and looked really nice. They are 2.4x1.4m and $150. I've also seen a similar mat called bubba mat but a bit more expensive. Our house is all tiles no carpet or anything so I'm thinking this would be good when DD starts practicing sitting/crawling as its cushioned.
    We currently have a big rug that bub lays on but this mat appeals for eating, doing messy activities as easy to wipe down. Also gymbaroo staff advised last week to have bub on something stable to encourage traction for crawling.
    DD is now 7 months old if you have one would you recommend getting one now or too late? Probably won't be having a second child. We're not shy to spend the $ if worth it so keen to hear feedback from anyone who has one of these or similar. Thanks!
    ETA DH is worried our cats will claw it and ruin it so if you have one what do you think??!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone have a bumpa mat/bubba mat?

My SIL swears by her bubba mat, and I've been so impressed that I plan in getting one in time for winter and dd2 learning to crawl.
    She only bought hers when her dd2 was 8 months, she's now almost 2 and it still looks great, they use it as a play mat and area which they eat. Great for crawling, nappy free time etc. easy to clean.

Eta: it was a comflor mat, similar to bubba mats, exxy but thick and good quality
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 14-02-2016 at 19:55.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I have a bubba mat. I have had it for a while now and it has held up pretty good - only some splitting on edges. They are great as they are easy to wipe up and clean. I would definitely recommend them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had ours for almost four years - and three children. It still looks brand new. Easy to clean - a great play may - we have wood floors and I'd rather sit on this than on a hard floor when playing with my little ones. Also fantastic once they start walking. Definitely worth the dollars

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zander15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a bubba mat. For three years. Still looked brand new. I used to steam mop it! So easy to keep clean.
    Just sold it for $100 on a bss page!
    Jump on gumtree you might find one.
    One of the best purchases we made.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ours is 5 years old now and I have no plan to get rid of it. It's so comfy when I'm down playing with my son

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 of them & absolutely love them.

Can sweep, vacumn or mop them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked at these, but ultimately decided on some of those foam tiles from Kmart -about $15. They dovetail in together, and you can make your padded area the size and shape you want. Good for bub, they have traction, and comfy to sit on too. Might be something to consider☺

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked at these mats too - a friend of mine has one and I think they are brilliant, but we ended up buying a Tiny Love super mat instead. It's a soft, lightly padded activity mat and it's great for tummy time, has lots of sensory bits on it etc. it had the added advantage of being much cheaper (only $70) but we also have a lot of carpet in our house. I think if I only had hard floors, I would definitely have gone for the bubba mat.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had one and it didn't even last 12 months. Our dog liked to lie on it, and he'd stretch and dig his claws in and it pulled bits of mat apart...so we banned him from the mat. Then one night he was being playful and grabbed the end of the mat with his teeth, and the whole corner ripped off.
    It was so, so so comfortable...butI'd never buy another one. It also had little stains on it where the kids had dropped food, and it stained...despite us cleaning it up straight away. They had such good reviews...it was so disappointing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post: