+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much harder was TTC'ing baby number two?

For context: I am a single child and I have always hated it / wished for siblings. So naturally I would love at least two.

So I did want to ask: for those who had number 2 through IVF: did you find it much harder to conceive? How big a gap did you leave? Did you feel "rushed"?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

Our child is also ivf he is now nearly 6, last year we started going back through ivf we still havent had any luck and done a complete cycle with fets. Changing clinics in hope of bfp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had my first FET transfer to try for #2.
    DD was IVF & we had 3 frozen embryos. So far I have found it much easier than the first time round. I feel like there is not so much pressure to succeed. Although DH & I have discussed that we may not go back for a full stim cycle if we don't get a second child from our 3 frozen.
    I have to say though I do get pangs of jealousy when ladies in my mothers group announce their second pregnancy "just like that".
    I weaned DD before I would have liked so I could go back for more IVF, thinking it took so long for the first better start trying for a second. So yes there was an element of being rushed too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it really all depends on your age and infertility factors, every couple is so different.

We waited about 2 years after our DS was born for a few reasons, mainly because I wanted to extend breastfeeding, we wanted to save up and we also wanted to have that one on one time with him. I had a tough high risk pregnancy and my body needed a break. We were really lucky and we fell pregnant within about 9 months of being back at fertility treatment. It was easier in some ways but harder in others (juggling all the blood tests with part time work and a toddler).

We were prepared to just keep trying for a few years for a second, with breaks where I needed them. We had a pretty strategic plan worked out with our FS. I fell pregnant with # 2 at 34 though so I felt I had a little time. I feel lucky that it happened relatively quickly for us, we fell pregnant on our second FET.

I hope it works quickly for you second time around, fingers crossed your body will just remember what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rosey82 I feel your pain! I just weaned DS @ 6.5 months so we can start IVF for #2 mid-year. I'm actually a bit worried I have mild PND from weaning, so I'm going to speak with someone in a couple weeks.

@NORgirl Yes, I feel very rushed by IVF. We were super lucky to get a BFP on cycle 1 and have a gorgeous son but I'm sure we won't be as lucky with #2. Like you, our issue is tubal, which is a fairly minor compared to what some others have to go through. I'm hoping #2 will be conceived by the end of this year with one of our 4 bubsicles. I'd love 3, but I won't get ahead of myself.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

NORgirl  (17-02-2016),rosey82  (17-02-2016)