+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling awful at 4w5d

Hi,

I am 4w5d with my first pregnancy. This was an IVF bub so I have been on hormones for sometime and am still on estrogen and progesterone for pregnancy support.

I am feeling awful, I am sick, tired, light cramps, sore back, painful breasts, diarrehoa the lot, is it normal to feel this awful so early? Most people don't even start symptoms until 6 weeks! We havent shared the news yet so I have no one to ask to compare!

Any reference of if this is normal would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find I have those symptoms every time on the Progesterone pessaries. Those things are pure evil. It's bad enough shoving them up there and dealing with the leakage let alone all the rest!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel you. I was nauseous and exhausted when it was still too early to confirm the test! You are normal.

My best advice would be try to relax and distract yourself. Pamper yourself and be kind to you. You have weeks of worrying about the beta levels, feeling bad and not being able to share it etc ahead of you but once you make it through to the other side you won't remember

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling awful at 4w5d

So sorry to hear you are sick!

When I was 4-5 weeks I woke up in the night and spewed...then spewed every 20 minutes for the rest of the night, and so begun my morning sickness. I too was on hormones and meds. I was horrified as it was so early! If it's any consolation I was told that feeling so wretched so early was a good sign for healthy Bub. I felt a lot better by 13 weeks.

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy, and I hope you Find some relief.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I felt worse at 4-6 weeks. The only time I threw up was at 4 weeks but I had terrible nausea and food aversions. The good thing for me is that from 8 weeks my ms cleared up and from 10 weeks I felt amazing. I was very lucky. Hope you are similar but only time will tell.

Take it easy and try to look after yourself. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds awful. :-(

This site is excellent for morning sickness (and vomiting) supplies: http://www.morningsicknesssurvivalkits.com.au/.

Highly recommend the kits. You don't know how awesome proper vomit bags are until you have hardcore MS.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Much the same

You poor thing, all those extra hormones on top of it. I'm currently 8 weeks 2 days (natural conception) and I still feel miserable but weeks 4-7 were a horror for me, to the point I just wanted it to stop and didn't want to be pregnant anymore. Everyone says second trimester is a wonderful relief after a bad first trimester. Here's hoping for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad I'm not alone - natural and 4 weeks 3days and feeling awful!! First time pregnant also so looking for all the reassurance I can get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes those drugs will be making your belly upset too, prog does that. I had terrible diarrhoea when I was early pregnancy and then when the second Tri hit had a good few weeks then went the other end of the scale to constipation and having to resort to prune juice 😷. My MS settled by about 10 weeks when I was able to wean off my meds. I was so nervous that something was wrong but my body just calmed down.