+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I have a few BFF's from high school that I love to death. Some we don't see each other regularly but snapchat takes care of that 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had the same 'best friend' since I was 3 years old. In saying that we see each other about once a month, or every two months.
    She's Childless, drinks a lot and works a lot. We have a great time when we see each other.
    I have some great mummy friends who I see multiple times a week but it's hard to get really truly close with them as it seems as though there's always a guard up- which I guess you don't have as a child which is why my old 'bestie' and I have always been so close.

So yes, I do. But it's not like it was growing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the same best friend for 13 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My ex is my best friend. He just gets me. We have been through a lot and I know I can always talk to him about anything. I spend time with him daily which while it can be hard, it helps.

I have had many other close friends over the years but they just don't get me like he does.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have acquaintances, no friends, really. I was best friends with my SIL (DP's sister) on and off from primary school until after high school. She did something pretty hurtful to me that permanently broke the trust we had. We get along great now, but are no longer close and never will be again.

There were people that came into my life that weren't the greatest influence. My own fault. I ended up cutting them out years ago.

I have also found that I was either always or mostly the one putting in the effort to see people. By that I mean initiating the contact. Once I stopped everyone just fell off the face of the earth. I guess, eventually, I had enough and decided not to bother with friends anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 36 and I do have a best friend but she lives in the UK while I'm in Australia. We went to public school and high school together. We sometimes don't talk for a long time seeing as we are a long way from each other and have families and busy but will always come back to each other. She'll be a very close friend forever. I think about her often, I think she does me too. It's pretty nice.

We have been friends for about 26 years.
    Last edited by zoz; 02-03-2016 at 12:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no not really. friends are a headache i find. they drag me into their dramas which i'm not interested. i've got moreso aquaintances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    no not really. friends are a headache i find. they drag me into their dramas which i'm not interested. i've got moreso aquaintances.
    Im much like you hun, i know it can sound harsh and rude but i avoid people with drama filled lives.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Two I guess I consider best friends from highschool, so almost 20 years and still see each other regularly and then I have another set of very close friends, from various circles of my life that I see (or visit) and contact regularly. Friends are a hugely important part of my life, always have been. It’s been harder since having a baby to see them as much as I would like to but investing in my close friendships is a big priority for me, they’re amazing people and I love them to death. I do wish I had more time to spend with them. I know a lot of people say they’ve lost friends since having children, I’ve found the opposite and have met a few amazing mums I now consider close friends.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 02-03-2016 at 15:31.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a best friend of 12yrs. We have a lot of ups and downs. Right now, our lives have been going different paths, but we try to stay connected.