+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do, but I don't see them much. I moved over 3 hours away from them so we maybe see each other 3-4 times a year. But when we do, it's like we've never been apart. And I know they would be there for me through thick and thin. I've known one for 20 years and the other for 16 or 17 years. Hard to believe it's been that long!

I have some local friends who I really like, but wouldn't call them BFF's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who has a best friend?

I have a few close friends out of a larger group of friends. But as with some other PPs lately I've been feeling really annoyed with most of them, maybe my expectation are too high. I go to a lot of effort and expense regularly for them and never get it back in return. I've been quite sick lately and no one ever asks me how I'm going. They forget my birthday, my bff forgot ds birthday last year while I spent a lot on her daughters present and made the effort to make sure it arrived on time. I just cbf lately with any of them.

Sorry /rant 😡

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a few very close girl friends, and also my sister. I have to say, my best friend is my husband. we work together, we do everything together. I have a great relationship with my daughters, and my daughter in law. I have a few close friends, one from my childhood, and others from high school. I consider a friend is a person who you can just spend time with, with no obligations, no pressure to met some standard or commitment level. All of my friends can go months without contact, and then just pick up as if no time has passed. I am glad i have friends, and i know i can be myself and just relax. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a best friend, I've known her for 22 years now and she is the kind of friend that I can speak to everyday or once in three months (not that that happens these days!) and it's like we talked the day before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a best friend. We met in 1998 a couple of years after I married my first hubby and now I'm on hubby #2 my BF and I are closer than ever. We live in different states at the moment but will soon be back in the same city again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have several close friends.

One friend I've had since I was 4yo. She lives in the UAE so I only see her once every 2-3yrs when either I fly there or she flies here.

I've also got one BFF in bris I've known since I was 17yo. She is the godmother to my eldest and I adore her.

I've also got another 4 close friends from varying stages of my life, one whom of which I met here on bh.

Then I've got a fairly good group of friends that I'm fond of and would catch up with them regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is my BFF. I'm still extremely close to my BFF from highschool, but we don't really class ourselves as BFF's anymore. I have lots of friends and acquaintances that I love spending time with, though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiso View Post
    I don't have any friends.

I don't have any friends where I live. My choice I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a day-to-day level, I'm only really friends with my partner and sister...I don't speak to a lot of my other friends much.

My partner is definitely my best friend. We can be around each other 24/7 and never run out of things to talk about.

I'm also great friends with my sister....in a way. We don't often talk about a lot of things in-depth, but we spend a lot of time together and enjoy each other's company (...making up for our childhoods!).

I have a very good friend who I've thought of as my 'best friend' since I was 10 (16 years). We don't see each other much anymore, and lead very different lives, but I feel very lucky to have her as a friend. I know she'd be there for me if I ever needed her.

I have another female friend who I've known since high school. She lives interstate and we don't speak often, but we get along brilliantly whenever we do catch up. She's got a really wide circle of friends, but we're still important in each other's lives.

I then have a group of friends from uni (plus spouses who've since joined the group)...about 12 people..I say about, because I can count 10, but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple. Most are male, 3 female. These are the people who we invite to parties/whose places I go to to hang out on the rare occasions that I go socializing. Only one other couple has kids, so most of the guys hang out a LOT...drinking on weekends, going to movies/out to dinner etc during the week. I see them maybe once a month to once every 2 months. Not really close to them, but really glad to have them in my life

Annnd, that's about it. I chat to other mums at playgroups etc., but struggle with turning that into a friendship, even if I really like the person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is my best friend but not married no kids so a lot of the time she just doesn't get it. I have another friend who would be my best friend. We are so like minded and understand each others lives so well. I don't know what I'd do without her. We have only known each other about 5 years but hit it off instantly. I also have a BFF from uni. We never talk or see each otherbut when we do its all the same. Known her for 20 years next year 😨😨