+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really have a best friend. I have 2 really close friends but they each have their own besties. I've often thought about who would be my maid of honour if I were to get married now (not that it's on the cards at all) and I really don't know.
    I find it hard to make friends, it takes a long time for me to open up because I'm shy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby is my best friend, very proud and lucky to be able to say that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have 3 best friends. First is my best friend since preschool. We have been through everything together and even though we are on totally different paths in life, we still connect. Second is a mum I met just after dd3 was born through a local mums group. She is one of those rare people I just clicked with. We just get each other and each others issues. Then there is my neighbour, we met a year ago. Again we just clicked. These 3 amazing women are more like family to me than friends.

I don't really have any friends any more apart from them. I used to have heaps but the friendships have all dwindled off over the years. There is dh's mates, although I am sort of close to them they still dont feel like *my* friends, if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 2 BFFs lol. The first one I have known for 14 years , we met in mothers group, the second I met in a meetup group nearly 4 years ago . The 2 of them didn't know each other and then randomly they had kids in the same sporting team. I suggested to the both of them they get to know each other and now all of us are great friends. The 3 amigos. We have a message thing on fb going and chat every single day plus see each other a lot. I have a few other friends also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never really been one to have a best friend. I've always had several close friends but not one best. I then have a lot of friends / aquainteces who I'm not overly close to. I can be a bit of a loner sometimes, I do often prefer my own company as opossed to having a friend over. If dh is going out with friends or something I prefer to watch a movie alone than to invite a friend over.

That being said I do consider my husband my best friend as we are so close 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I don't really have a best friend. I have 2 really close friends but they each have their own besties. I've often thought about who would be my maid of honour if I were to get married now (not that it's on the cards at all) and I really don't know.
    I find it hard to make friends, it takes a long time for me to open up because I'm shy.
    I didn't have any bridesmaids for that reason, at least I didn't have to worry about dresses, make up etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I had a best friend but she was a narcissist and compulsive liar. She just didn't rock up on my hens night (was my maid of honour) and then went around telling everyone I told her she wasn't allowed to be in my wedding because she had a kid, I had 2 kids at the time so doesn't even make sense. Haven't spoke to her since that night. Bumped my SIL into the maid of honour position and haven't regretted it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I've got three besties. We've been in each other's lives for thirty years or more. I love them to death and they are most certainly the sisters I always wanted. We don't live in the same towns, one is in a different state, but we chat on FB all day every day. I love them to death.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who has a best friend?

My issue is I've always preferred the company of males. They are a lot less maintenance. I'm definitely one of the boys. DH is my best friend, we've been mates since we were 13 and are celebrating 15 years together

Eta: there is a lot less bulls..t or drama with men. I love that.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 14-02-2016 at 08:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her even though she now lives thousands of kilometres away.

I used to have another BFF. We were like sisters for over 12 years. But over the last year or so I realised almost everything about her was a lie. Crazy that it took so long and was ultimately a terrible betrayal by her that pushed me to cut her out of my life. My greatest weakness is my loyalty to those I love - it blinds me to their faults.