+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a best friend. We have been best friends since we met 21 years ago. She is like a sister to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, I'm 36 and my best friend and I met at high school. Over 20 years of friendship

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm mid 30's and have a BFF who I've been friends with since 1985!!
    We're quite different people but have been through a lot together over the years. We catch up frequently but don't really talk on the phone or text much ... I know she's always there for me although I don't feel super close to her like I do my DH, sister and mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 33 and up until a few weeks ago had a 'best friend', we'd been best friends for 25+ years but it all fell to sh!t since DD was born 7 months ago. I am still grieving the end of the friendship as aside from family she's been in my life longer than anyone, such a history.
    Other than that I don't have close friends. I've culled quite a few over the past 5 years as I'm just less willing to put up with crap in general. I'd rather have no friends than fake friends, fair weather friends, friends who are negative, friends who make me feel like sh!t, friends who are too much hard work.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-02-2016),binnielici  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I'm 33 and up until a few weeks ago had a 'best friend', we'd been best friends for 25+ years but it all fell to sh!t since DD was born 7 months ago. I am still grieving the end of the friendship as aside from family she's been in my life longer than anyone, such a history.
    Other than that I don't have close friends. I've culled quite a few over the past 5 years as I'm just less willing to put up with crap in general. I'd rather have no friends than fake friends, fair weather friends, friends who are negative, friends who make me feel like sh!t, friends who are too much hard work.
    Yeh totally get ya! We in completely different stages in life she has a 4 month old ds, stay at home mum, I have 3 kids two at school & one in daycare & I work full time! It's hard to relate to each other's life & we are such different people! I lived that life when I was 21!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have a best friend that I went to highschool with. We went through some pretty strenuous times together. She had kids before me (when I had no Idea how to be empathetic) however we've come out the other end and are still besties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a best friend who I think of more like a sister than a bff. We've been friends since high school. Over 20 years now. And no one knows me better than her, except DH (and even then there are things my best friend knows that DH does not).

When talking to other people, if the subject comes up I tend to refer to her to as 'my closest friend' these days rather than best friend but she's definitely my bff.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who has a best friend?

I am lucky enough to have two besties. One was from high school, we are very very different people but have a massive love for each other. She lives in another state and we chat maybe twice a month. The other has been my friend since grade 4 or 5. We drifted apart during high school/ uni etc but got close again when I moved back to Brisbane in 08. She is amazing. Will waltz into my house like it's her own, make her own food and drink (plus mine!) plays with my kids, tidies up, if she has dinner over she automatically runs a bath for my eldest when the meal is finished. She is my sister from another mother and one of the very few people in the world who just "gets" me. Her wife is pregnant at the moment and I am so excited to do all the stuff for them that they have done for me. Just wish they weren't two hours away now!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did, until I had a baby.
    I've seen one (my best friend of 15 years) a total of twice since my DS was born. Once straight after he was born and once at my wedding.
    DS is 17 months old.

The other I've probably seen less than a dozen times and she lives around the corner from me and works in the same sector as I do.

I've tried. No response. I've stopped trying and accepted it's now time to move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. I never really did. I always wish I did have one though.