+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who has a best friend?

I'm 30 years old, I'm wondering if people my age has best friends or just good friends?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a "best friend" since I was a child and even that was iffy. I had two friends left over from highschool but have moved away from them so chat on Facebook. My life is mostly filled with acquaintances.
    My best friends would probably be my husband, my SIL and my MIL. I have recently started chatting more to a lady who moved two doors up (I did know her about a year prior). Her kids and my kids get on like a house on fire which works in my favour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I have a number of women I am close to. they are not a "group", just people in my life I enjoy the company of. sadly none of them live in the same city as me so our friendship is conducted via text, phone calls, emails and what's app!

my best friend from high school is probably the one I'm closest to but not sure i'd say "oh she's my best friend". I feel a bit juvenile saying best friend these days lol
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 13-02-2016 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have a best friend we have been friends since 07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm 37 and absolutely have a BFF.
    I've known her for nearly 13 years and she's part of my family. She's God Mother to my kids and I was her support person when she gave birth to her beautiful baby girl late last year. We reckon now I've held her leg while telling her to push and seeing a little person come out of her vag, we're bonded for life!
    She's part of a great group of friends but she's definitely my bestie!
    Well apart from my DH!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    I'm 30 years old, I'm wondering if people my age has best friends or just good friends?
    I have a friend from primary school who I call my best friend as she's my closest friend (oldest friend, we know each other back to front and squabble like siblings) but I don't see her an awful lot as she lives a 45 minute drive away, she doesn't have kids, her house isn't kid friendly, I have 2 under 4, many other reasons.

I then have 3 other categories of friends

1. Close friends - I have 2, they were my bridesmaids we are very close and see each other quite often and we text and email quite a bit.

2. Mum's group friends (5 of them) who I class as good friends who have bonded because of our children and who I see the most, and also often text in between catch ups, however I'm not as close with them as my close friends.

3. Friends: I occasionally text and see them maybe once a year. I have 7 of those.

How about you OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I don't really have a best friend, but I do have 2 or 3 close friends who I would tell most private things to, but each friend I discuss different private things with them if that makes sense.

But I do have a lot of other friends too

ETA - I'm 39. Haven't had a best friend since my mid 20's when I moved to London and she moved to Canada but I had a huge circle of friends in London from work, house, etc. so was never lonely. I also have quite s big circle of friends now from work, mothers group, school mums, old school friends, sports friends etc.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 13-02-2016 at 20:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't had a best friend since I was in my early 20s. There are 3 women who I'd call my closest friends but no one friendship fulfils all my friendship needs, which I guess I've always thought of best friends as doing. If I'm really honest with myself then my mum is the closest thing I have to a best friend now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I still have best friends. I've got really close friends, there's a whole group of us that are really tight but I also have a best friend of over 15 years!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a best friend, we have know each other since grade 5, 18 years! We both classes each other as besties! We recent had a fight! I hope it's not the end of our relationship! I also have 5 lovely school mummy friends, and 2-3 other friends from tafe, school, work!