+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need a break from life!!!

I hope this is in the right spot!

Those who know me, know I am always the funny smiley one. So it's extremely hard for me to talk to a lot of people in my life!
    I know I suffer from anxiety, and I also have Misophonia (sound sensitivity syndrome) and Aspergers. But the last week I have been in a bit of trouble at work and that among with other things I have been suppressing for months I just can't take it anymore. I've just spend the past few days crying when no one is around.
    We have a housemate who is the most disgusting person who has ever walked the face of this earth. And I just can not be around him. It gives me severe anxiety to be around him when he eats. But my boyfriend (who I love with all my heart) and his have a bit of a bromance going on and he would never tell walker to leave. So I am stuck in the bedroom whenever Walker is home. As much as I love chris he never really takes things seriously and likes to turn everything into jokes so sometimes it's hard to talk to him.
    I've taken he next week off work (and a plus housemate will be in Bali) to try and find "me" again. But I feel I may need professional help. But not sure where to start?! I'm also in the process of finding another job!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple93 For This Useful Post:

Aidensmummy  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a good cry often. If you think you need professional help, go to your GP and discuss it with them. They can refer you to a psychologist and create a mental health plan. I was seeing a councellor, I was referred through the hospital. I have been to psychologists in the past and also been on anti depressants. I do suffer from depression but things are looking up at the moment, I have just finished councelling for now, but I know I can go back should I need to.

Also maybe have a chat to your partner and let him know how you feel about the flat mate. Even though they have a bromance, your feelings and mental health should be far more important.
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 13-02-2016 at 17:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hun from the sounds of things professional help is probably the right course of action. It's not normal to be that sad. You deserve more our of life. Your GP would be a good first port of call.

Who was in the house first? If you (or you and your bf) were then it's not unreasonable to ask the housemate to move on. Can I ask how old you all are? It's just that once you a past a certain age housemates and share homes are usually a thing of the past.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Apple93  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a friend stay with me for a few months. Home is meant to be a place you can completely relax. Having someone else there you can't relax around is hell on earth.

Did you always share a house with people? Is it just this guy who annoys you or would it be most people because they're in your space? (For me it's the latter)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Apple93  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Hun from the sounds of things professional help is probably the right course of action. It's not normal to be that sad. You deserve more our of life. Your GP would be a good first port of call.

Who was in the house first? If you (or you and your bf) were then it's not unreasonable to ask the housemate to move on. Can I ask how old you all are? It's just that once you a past a certain age housemates and share homes are usually a thing of the past.
    He was living here first. And they have been living together for about 3 years now. They were renting together until my partner bought this house a year ago. So walker just moved in too. I'm only 23, however Chris is 30 and Walker is 36!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I had a friend stay with me for a few months. Home is meant to be a place you can completely relax. Having someone else there you can't relax around is hell on earth.

Did you always share a house with people? Is it just this guy who annoys you or would it be most people because they're in your space? (For me it's the latter)
    I have for the last 2 and a bit years, but never in my life have I met a 36 year old who has no idea about cleanliness or personal hygiene. It's his TV so he chooses what everyone watches at the moment he is into playing basketball on the Xbox. While chris is happy to watch and play on his phone. (Just watch walker rarely gives him a turn) in complete Darkness with the aircon on as low as it can go. It's not something I would force myself to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Apple93 View Post
    He was living here first. And they have been living together for about 3 years now. They were renting together until my partner bought this house a year ago. So walker just moved in too. I'm only 23, however Chris is 30 and Walker is 36!
    the 36 year old sounds like an overgrown child. if your BF owns the place it's not unreasonable for him to ask the housemate to move on. your partner is 30 himself, it's normal to want your own space and start living life on your own terms by that age.

I think if your BF is hesitant to get walker to leave, you need to put your own mental and emotional wellbeing first and suggest you move out. this hopefully kicks your partner into gear and he requests walker move out.

I think your BF has it too easy and there's no impetus to change the set up. walker pays the rent and Chris doesn't perceive you to be so unhappy with the situation that there's any reason for him to change it.

I'd have a serious chat with Chris on your own and if he refuses to support you, you'll need to look at moving out. you can't live like that.

hugs to you, I do hope you find a resolution to the situation x
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 16-02-2016 at 06:11.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (14-02-2016),VicPark  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been in a similar situation.
    For immediate self empowerment, get a tv.
    Even if it's a small one.
    It'll be yours and you can choose whatever you want to watch.
    This is liberating. It will make you feel good.
    Then, either he leaves or you do.
    This might be a dealbreaker in your romantic relationship but often things like this are with good reason.

Ultimately, be true to you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

Apple93  (16-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    Been in a similar situation.
    For immediate self empowerment, get a tv.
    Even if it's a small one.
    It'll be yours and you can choose whatever you want to watch.
    This is liberating. It will make you feel good.
    Then, either he leaves or you do.
    This might be a dealbreaker in your romantic relationship but often things like this are with good reason.

Ultimately, be true to you
    I've moved my computer into the second lounge room until I find my remote to my old tv. I know last time I did this he got really p'd off.
    But me and my boyfriend are going to have a serious talk this week when he goes to Bali. I just need to work up the courage to call the doctor so I can talk to someone. :/