+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Parent Room Rage

I get it @FearlessLeader but to be honest I don't share the moral outrage on this one. Disabled toilets are intended for anyone with accessibility issues eg with a pram.

I guess as a principle I've never really thought about it but now I do I'm not as outraged as you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive seen all sorts of people use parent.change room toilets where i live, middle aged ladies who then pretend they didnt know it was a parent room。 parents taking in kids 10+ yrs old whose mums then boot out.so can use toilet alone so are roaming around parent room alone anyway, regularly see teenaged boys. There arent alot of parent rooms in any of the local shops so some disabled toilets are also fitted out with change tables for babies so regularly use them as may have to go up another floor or 2 to the actual parents rooms when either i need the toilet or dd needs a nappy change.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016)

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I get it @FearlessLeader but to be honest I don't share the moral outrage on this one. Disabled toilets are intended for anyone with accessibility issues eg with a pram.

I guess as a principle I've never really thought about it but now I do I'm not as outraged as you.
    I'm not outraged (honestly I have better things to be outraged over) merely constantly astonished and bemused by the self and group entitlement of parents. It's pretty gross.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I've never really thought about it before as I only have a baby.

Every time I go in there are always parents with children of all different ages. It's never bothered me as long as they are there with a child & not some creepy person on their own.

To be completely honest I'll probably take dd in there until she's old enough to use a toilet on her own.

A lot of the parents room's I've seen seem to have play pens & tv's set up to cater for all different ages.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I'm not outraged (honestly I have better things to be outraged over) merely constantly astonished and bemused by the self and group entitlement of parents. It's pretty gross.
    Ok you're original post seemed pretty outraged. I wouldn't even call it gross.
    Like I said its part of the service they're there for.

Anyway about to get an eye test so I'll close out on this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Mamasupial i think your . just being hormonal. Its a room for all parents
    ..what if the wait was because 3 parents were there with prams and young babies and you were busting? You would've still had to wait. ..maybe because you were desperate your emotions were heightened.

I'm taking my kid to thr parents room toilets till he is old enough and mature enough to go on his own....those normal toilet cubicles are usually not spacious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yep I already said I must have just been extra hormonal. I'm home now and completely over it.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-02-2016),HeavenBlue  (13-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2016),VicPark  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was changing DD in the parents room once, and an old man walked in, claiming he was going to hear his lunch up in the microwave. We reported him to security. A couple of hours later, went back to change DD and he was just leaving

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I mainly use parent rooms ones, even if it's only my 5yo that has to go and the others don't need changing (3 kids still in nappies) purely because a lot of women's toilets have that door with a little space and another door thing and I am not coordinated enough to navigate that labyrinth with a pram with two kids in it, a toddler (prone to absconding) and the 5yp. Especially to only find out there isn't room for the pram so people are leaning over it to use the sink.
    Not to say I haven't done this... Many times. I just prefer the 2 minutes it takes for him to use the parents room rather than it actually taking me 10 minutes of blocking the door trying to get my pram in to the ladies. It may be like this for some time.

Another thing to consider, (I skimmed the responses so sorry if it had been mentioned) when you include some disabilities such as autism, there are possibilities that the 5+ year old may still actually be in nappies or may not be able to handle going into a ladies/men's room

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suppose it depends on the set up of the parents room. In our town we have to pay to use public toilets but the parents room is free so i still take my children in there. They are 4 and 6. My husband also uses the parents toilet because he is a man and we have 2 daughters so he doesnt have to take the girls into the mens toilet. Its a parents room and we are parents, dont think we should be shamed for that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tennelly For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-02-2016)