+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 135
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    If that's the case, then why is there a toilet in there?
    It's interesting as our shopping centre removed all toilets from the parents rooms.

  2. #62
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,724
    Thanks
    2,498
    Thanked
    9,116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Parent Room Rage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But even if we did anyone can use the disabled toilets. It's about accessibility.

    And my use of capitals was only in response.
    I still don't think you understand what I mean. If I have the choice of parent's room or accessibility toilet I will always choose the parent's room first (because the reason I need accessibility is my kids) because someone else with kids does have the option of using the regular toilets (see my post above) while a disabled person has NO other option. I think deciding to put a hypothetical parent's comfort and ease over a hypothetical disabled person's ability to go to the toilet at all is a very warped decision.

    ETA if I go to the toilet with my kids there's a STRONG likelihood that one or both of them will decide they need to take a 10 minute dump. I'm always going to do everything I can to make sure that's not going to stop anyone else doing their own essential business. A parent always has the option of the regular toilets if my kids are taking 20 minutes.
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 13-02-2016 at 16:55.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (13-02-2016),GlitterFarts  (13-02-2016),NancyBlackett  (13-02-2016),Nemmi1987  (14-02-2016)

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Parent Room Rage

    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I still don't think you understand what I mean. If I have the choice of parent's room or accessibility toilet I will always choose the parent's room first (because the reason I need accessibility is my kids) because someone else with kids does have the option of using the regular toilets (see my post above) while a disabled person has NO other option. I think deciding to put a hypothetical parent's comfort and ease over a hypothetical disabled person's ability to go to the toilet at all is a very warped decision.

    ETA if I go to the toilet with my kids there's a STRONG likelihood that one or both of them will decide they need to take a 10 minute dump. I'm always going to do everything I can to make sure that's not going to stop anyone else doing their own essential business. A parent always has the option of the regular toilets if my kids are taking 20 minutes.
    Ok am posting on the run so haven't read everything. .

    With 4 kids my basic position is they use the normal toilets. None are in nappies and all are confident on toilets. Even with 4 of them together my default is the normal toilets.

    I don't see the point of using a parents room ever to be honest. Mainly I guess because at the place we spend most of our time there aren't toilets in them.

    But if I am somewhere with a parents room with a toilet in it I'd still use the normal toilets. Parents rooms sometimes smell from nappies so my older kids hate them.

    If for whatever reason we can't use the normal toilets we use the disabled toilets at our centre as that's what they expect us to do.

    But if I was somewhere when I was toilet training one of the kids to be honest yes I have used a disabled toilet if the parents room was too far and the need was desperate. It was that or clean up wee all over the floor. I can count on one hand when this has happened but I'll own it.

  5. #64
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,724
    Thanks
    2,498
    Thanked
    9,116
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    @Sonja I'm talking about people who have effectively said - 'no don't use the parent's room, use the disabled toilets instead'. I'm not talking about your situation; you don't have to justify yourself to me. I've used accessibility toilets loads of times. If I had a pram and there wasn't a parent's room, I would use them. If I have both kids and there is a queue at the regular toilets and someone is busting, I will use them. I've used them in lots of circumstances. But I wold never think it was morally better to use a disabled toilet over a parent's room toilet. That to me seems like crazy logic.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (13-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (14-02-2016),NancyBlackett  (13-02-2016),Nemmi1987  (14-02-2016)

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanks
    4,776
    Thanked
    4,210
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    My boy poor got yelled at by some grumpy woman about six months ago and now will not step foot in a women's toilet.
    He's not even 8 yet and I'm not comfortable with sending him into the mens alone.
    I posted in the swim centre thread how I would feel uncomfortable having a boy aged 8 or thereabouts in the change room. I would prefer to use the cubicle myself though as I can't police what other people do.

    in this instance however, I'd have no issue with a boy of the same age in the ladies room. everyone uses a private cubicle to do their business and as you say, many parents would not be comfortable sending a child that age into the toilets alone.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016),gingermillie  (13-02-2016)

  9. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,950
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    2,299
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Poor kid. Why would a women get upset about that? women's toilets are cubicles anyway not open like the men's urinal. Some people need to chill.
    I don't get it either. I never batted an eyelid if I ever saw a boy with his mum in the women's toilet.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016)

  11. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,368
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked
    1,479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha most controversial and emotive BH topics = vaccines, circumcision, welfare and proper public toilet use!

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016),binnielici  (13-02-2016),gingermillie  (13-02-2016),HearMeRoar  (13-02-2016),HeavenBlue  (13-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (14-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2016),misskittyfantastico  (13-02-2016)

  13. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,690
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    So as a mum of a 4yo boy, I'm not supposed to bring him into change rooms or ladies toilets with me, not supposed to use the parents room because he's not in nappies and not supposed to use disabled toilets... so my 4yo should use the mens room alone?
    You forgot the tree outside.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (13-02-2016),AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016),deku  (13-02-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-02-2016)

  15. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,091
    Thanks
    7,250
    Thanked
    5,865
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Haha most controversial and emotive BH topics = vaccines, circumcision, welfare and proper public toilet use!
    I didn't expect it to be so controversial.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (13-02-2016),GirlsRock  (13-02-2016),HearMeRoar  (13-02-2016)

  17. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,311
    Thanks
    2,387
    Thanked
    4,599
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Lol. It's funny that this thread is full of cranky parents of toddlers who are saying parents rooms should be used by parents of toddlers and babies when just the other day in the toilet thread people were saying that they would take their kids into the parents room if their child of the opposite sex was too old to use the women's.
    Classic BH 😂😂😂

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (13-02-2016),misskittyfantastico  (13-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC Waiting Room
    By TortoiseNotTheHare in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 672
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 20:07
  2. Road rage
    By ~Marigold~ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 14:14
  3. Parents room in US
    By Fina14 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 17:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training Products
Toilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of toilet training. With a range of products that can be used at home, on holidays or out & about.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!